What's new

IN MIG-29K + Vikramaditya

Yes many things have changed but why you forget that the change is from both sides and from our side more better.

1. Boeing P8s
2. Project 28 Anti Submarine Warfare Corvette
3. Arihant
4. Akula-II
5. Vikrant class aircraft carriers
6. Brahmos world's fastest supersonic cruise missile launched from ship, submarine, land and Air.
7. Scorpène submarines

The GOI have given approval of SSNs project also.

45 MiG-29K's as well.

GB

Thats a data from BR which is bit old. I can back up my claims.

GB
I never denied that did I? But those avionics seemed to be for the Russian version, but the Indian will have a mix again. That was reported is several news article too and not only on BR. But feel free to post ur infos to, always good to see different sources.
Even Su-30MKI does not have AESA yet.

Besides I never heard of MiG-29K (or even Su-30MKI) getting ELTA-52. Will you please enlight us more on it?

GB
Even with Zhuk AESA I think the Mig will hardly on par with the actual MKI radar. Elta 2052 is on offer for Mirage 2000, Mig 29 and LCA of course, but as far as I know we never replaced a Russian radar, not even in the Mig 21.
I guess it might be a decision for cost-effectiveness that the Mig 29Ks, as well as the IAF Mig 29 "only" get the Zhuk ME.

Last edited:
572608a12e8aa1692b26e58c1cbb0f5f.jpg

Cdr Ajay flew the first sortie of the MiG-29K on Jan 20th, almost a month before the 303 Black Panthers are to be commissioned (on Feb 19th), in INS Hansa, Goa.

[QUOTE=
Even with Zhuk AESA I think the Mig will hardly on par with the actual MKI radar. Elta 2052 is on offer for Mirage 2000, Mig 29 and LCA of course, but as far as I know we never replaced a Russian radar, not even in the Mig 21.
I guess it might be a decision for cost-effectiveness that the Mig 29Ks, as well as the IAF Mig 29 "only" get the Zhuk ME.

I got that lately after I got the links for ELTA radar.

Thanks anyways.

GB

572608a12e8aa1692b26e58c1cbb0f5f.jpg

Cdr Ajay flew the first sortie of the MiG-29K on Jan 20th, almost a month before the 303 Black Panthers are to be commissioned (on Feb 19th), in INS Hansa, Goa.

That Russian style number (672) is still on the aircraft.

It needs to go. THe IAF/IN does not paint the numbers in this fashion.

GB

Back
Top Bottom