What's new

In India 7 yrs in jail for eating beef; cops can raid on mere suspicion

Eating beef is not a basic human right. If a significant majority of Hindus feel they want to live in a society which reflects their values and this is an important value for them, then beef should be banned.

But then it opens a Pandora's box. Should alcohol be banned in order to respect Muslim sensibilities? Where do you draw the line?

maybe...but so does pork....actually ive heard it tasted better than beef frm frends who have tasted both..so taste does not determine everything...

this order is pased by the MP govt..so if any MP vasis disagree with it they can go to court...i dont know what itches the other state people and pakistanis here...hate for hinduism..? most probably..

Depends how you cook it. I've tasted pork steak. Nothing special.

Seven years is kinda harsh.

He just won't reply to the main part,typical pakistani loser.
Now comes big foot into the topic.Try consulting a psychiatrist,need financial help?.=)

Here you just lost it- as expected- resorts to personal blabbering-
Its not hard to dent a sensitive fragile ego- specially of an indian poster- few likewise posts- and he snaps-

I can provide
btw- do you provide after 12 midnight services?-:tongue:

Eating beef is not a basic human right. If a significant majority of Hindus feel they want to live in a society which reflects their values and this is an important value for them, then beef should be banned.

But then it opens a Pandora's box. Should alcohol be banned in order to respect Muslim sensibilities? Where do you draw the line?

I don't know about Pakistan and other Muslim countries, but in Bangladesh, people can still buy alcoholic products from clubs, hotels and exclusive restaurants. Intended for foreigners and non-Muslims. But I've seen Bengali-Muslims drinking alcohol.

Depends how you cook it. I've tasted pork steak. Nothing special.

I like it medium rare..

Seven years is kinda harsh.

that i agree...1 year should have sufficed...or upto 50K in fine..no one gotta eat beef paying 50 K...

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

@take it easy,

lol no one claims that Cow slaughter ban is for anything other than to protect hindu sentiments that you need to put some useless link to rebutt it...

it IS designed to soothe hindu sentiment just like satanic verse was banned to please muslims and da vinci code was banned to soothe the christians...no one questioned thenn...why now ?

I don't know about Pakistan and other Muslim countries, but in Bangladesh, people can still buy alcoholic products from clubs, hotels and exclusive restaurants. Intended for foreigners and non-Muslims. But I've seen Bengali-Muslims drinking alcohol.

This is just stupid that they want to stop other from eating beef , just don't eat beef ur self and be pious hindu if its very necessary for you , don't stop other from eating ,
Further more many Indian poster bring in pig , if like it eat it no one is stopping you , alcohol or cow cola whatever you like take it no one stops you.

Very Nicely put-

the bolded part-
here is where india conveniently ignore the secular aspect of its so called society and succumbs to the democratic majority rights-

Sure, and in many Indian states eating beef is legal, even though the majority population is Hindu.

The question is not so much about allowing things, but banning them because it goes against cultural sensitivities.

haha- you were lucky- you parted before the Zia era :D-

I am sorry but cannot digest this kind of news! This is NOT a Crime! Cow is not reverent for others. to appease majority religion, minorities cannot leave their culture and habits. this is not a Hindu nation it is a secular Democratic Nation. Respecting Hindu culture is One thing, but controlling or imposing Hindu diktats over non-Hindus is pure radicalism.

bs...this lie has been busted over and over....

killing cow is mandated neither in islam nor christianity...it is an act that is done by the muslims to show they are different from the hindus and to assert their identity in a hindu majority india...

my position is..if you feel you need to assert your identity even though it directly offends hindu religious sentiments, your "need" can go to hell...as simple as that..

Very Nicely put-

the bolded part-
here is where india conveniently ignore the secular aspect of its so called society and succumbs to the democratic majority rights-

I wasn't trying to be flippant. India does have a majority Hindu population, and the Hindus have a perfectly reasonable right to have their sensitivities respected. But it is a complicated matter, as I was trying to point out.

Very Nicely put-

the bolded part-

majority dislike their sleep being disturbed early morning..or their whole day getting disturbed by loudspeakers from church on sundays...but still we have allowed it..why..? india is a secular state where freedom to practise your religion is there...

you are confusing way too many things....eating beef is NOT a religious habit that denying it violates secularism...get that properly first..

bs...this lie has been busted over and over....

killing cow is mandated neither in islam nor christianity...it is an act that is done by the muslims to show they are different from the hindus and to assert their identity in a hindu majority india...

my position is..if you feel you need to assert your identity even though it directly offends hindu religgious sentiments, your "need" can go to hell...

Your country go do it , your already famous of your massacres.

Back
Top Bottom