What's new

In India 7 yrs in jail for eating beef; cops can raid on mere suspicion

Some extremist Hindus will see it as a victory over Muslims. But moderate Hindus will see it as a gesture of goodwill and will reciprocate on other matter which are much more important to Muslims than beef -- like disparities in access to education, infrastructure, higher-than-average poverty rates, etc.

Thats a hypothetical presumptive statement-
65 years of independence and that all has not happened yet-
Muslims are still the most backward and poor minority of India-
Banning the beef will not bring about the sudden reciprocal Sir-

Good move, cow slaughter should be banned in India. Hindus are in majority and they should/can impose their will in Indian or Indian state constitutions.

Beef eating has nothing to do with Islam, Christianity and uninvited pork eating bitchy godless communist sensitivities. They should use their bird brains before speaking and farting from their *** at the same time about secularism.
Watch out! When a hindu tastes that juicy, tender, delicious beef for the first time, he will immediately become a Maoist and demand more rights to eat beef, and overthrow hinduism's ancient caste system!

You don't know what happiness is until you've had a big 12 ounce steak!

@ third eye..

its not about election times...its about standing up for your rights..your sensitivities to be respected in a country where you are the absolute majority....when christians can demand for banning da vinci code because it offends them and muslims can ask taslima to deported or satanic verses to be banned because it offends them why cant hindu stand up for banning something that directly offends them ?

its high time hindus stopped being so apologetic...we need to respect the minority rights...but at the same time go to the last for our sensitivities also to be respected..

Well I appreciate your views but still would like to hold on to my own.

Its not being apologetic to expect all of us to follow their religion. Cows have been slaughterd for centuries, it has been done discreetly and not hurt sensibilities.

Why are we trying to fix something that is not broke ?

I still feel its about the elections. All parties are trying to pull a rabbit out of the hat to appease the electorate.

This law may be challenged in court, it would be interesting to see the outcome.

What about pigs ? Do we wish to do away with Pork & bacon because it hurts Muslim sensibilities ? I would hate to lose on susages.

Education should take us forward.

The bottom line is that Muslims have shared this land for centuries and have equal rights on it as non muslims do. They therefore should not be coerced into doing something for narrow reasons. Muslims in turn would be expected to do likewise and respect the sentiments of non muslims.

This is not utopian.

Lastly, what do we do with millions of cows that roam the streets and are thrown out once they stop giving milk ?

This is the single biggest reason we needed Pakistan :pakistan:

On balance, I have to support this law. It's good for communal harmony and, after a generation, non-Hindus won't miss beef anyway. You get used to everything.

It seems some Muslim clerics have also supported this move as a gesture of goodwill. That's good.

When I was living with a Hindu roommate, we always avoided certain toppings on the pizza. Common sense.

No beef or pepperoni right? reminds me of my time in England you would not find many if any Indian/Pakistani restaurants that sold pig or beef.

majority dislike their sleep being disturbed early morning..or their whole day getting disturbed by loudspeakers from church on sundays...but still we have allowed it..why..? india is a secular state where freedom to practise your religion is there...

you are confusing way too many things....eating beef is NOT a religious habit that denying it violates secularism...get that properly first..

good point but then our maariyatha koozh thiruvizha also does the same.Ban them all.

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

Well I appreciate your views but still would like to hold on to my own.

Its not being apologetic to expect all of us to follow their religion. Cows have been slaughterd for centuries, it has been done discreetly and not hurt sensibilities.

Why are we trying to fix something that is not broke ?

I still feel its about the elections. All parties are trying to pull a rabbit out of the hat to appease the electorate.

This law may be challenged in court, it would be interesting to see the outcome.

What about pigs ? Do we wish to do away with Pork & bacon because it hurts Muslim sensibilities ? I would hate to lose on susages.

Education should take us forward.

The bottom line is that Muslims have shared this land for centuries and have equal rights on it as non muslims do. They therefore should not be coerced into doing something for narrow reasons. Muslims in turn would be expected to do likewise and respect the sentiments of non muslims.

This is not utopian.

Lastly, what do we do with millions of cows that roam the streets and are thrown out once they stop giving milk ?

democracy is a numbers game and if u r a minority,u have to make compromises.

BHai ek baat samajh se pare hai , why is beef so imp & when there are so many options "do we life to eat ..or eat to live????????"

In South India muslims are doing very well but i agree in some states like Bihar and UP they are not performing as well.

No :lol:-

a separate country was made so that the hindu majority may never again impose its religious will on us Muslims in the name of democracy- :angry:

You did the right thing by becoming a secular country- well that was just on papers-
Compare it to Joseph Stallions interpretation of democracy- Communism-

Thats the biggest service u did us,u divided the muslims and united the hindus.W/o partition as one India,there would be no beef ban.

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Hmmm..but come every Eid, they sell their Cows ... to Bangladesh and Pakistan.

I mean come on, that is no way to respect your mommy

this is just one state man,a typically staunch hindu state.Kerala exports beef/pork and north east could also do the same.

Not a big deal.It is a state thing,not a central thing.

We Bengalee Muslims are the largest beef eaters. We beat even the S and N Americans in our love for cow's meat. No banquet or formal dinner can be imagined without beef. Thanks to the Indian Hindus not eating cow, beef is somewhat cheaper than mutton here in BD. In PB/W Bengal beef is dirt cheap compared to mutton.

Well , my opinion is that when hindus also eat beef (as told by noksss ) only a specific sect of hindus don't eat beef , this sect is also oppressing those hindus who eat beef , this is a serious religious extremism issue.

Fair point.

I was assuming that majority Hindus are in favor of this ban. If there is internal debate within the Hindu community itself, then that needs to be sorted out first obviously.

True, but you always have to hope for the best future. What other choice is there?

Non - Vegetarian

Karahi Chicken

Karahi Methi Chicken

Karahi Butter Chicken

Karahi Jeera Chicken

Karahi Chicken Tikka Masala

Karahi Chicken Keema

Chicken Jalfrazi

Chicken Korma (Mild)

Lamb Korma (Mild)

Karahi Gosht (Lamb)

Karahi Bhuna Gosht (Dry Lamb)