What's new

In Coronavirus Crisis, Korean City Tries Openness, a Contrast to China

Hiding behind the skirts of the WHO

upload_2020-2-26_14-25-16.jpeg

This guy is very pro-CCP. He was the former foreign minister of Ethiopia. He has been protecting the CCP and covering up the real situation of the coronavirus.

Wonder how that openness works, my Singapore friend told me there is some unknown cluster in Singapore that the government has no idea where it is, most citizens don't wear a face mask which kind of shock me due to that cluster and they have some kind of clinic plan where everyone who has flue like illness report to instead of the their Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

I believe S Korea seal those two cities up but are they following the Singapore example ?

Different countries have different measures.

Singapore's measures are quite different from China as well. We went for openness and government officials urge the public not to wear masks if they are well.

Many Chinese netizens mock at us and said nasty things about our approach.

It's still too early too say, but I think we have got the overall situation in control so far while keeping our economy going.
I think this link explains quite well about the different approaches on the Coronavirus of both countries.
https://card.weibo.com/article/m/show/id/2309404475633307615309?_wb_client_=1

I think this link explains quite well about the different approaches on the Coronavirus of both countries.
I found all tropical countries effectively contained this virus, this shows the virus is much much less active in tropical countries and doesn't do well in hot weather. When summer comes, it should be largely gone.

All 16 of Vietnam's coronavirus sufferers cured
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/he...tnams-coronavirus-sufferers-cured/ar-BB10lChM

I found all tropical countries effectively contained this virus, this shows the virus is much much less active in tropical countries and doesn't do well in hot weather. When summer comes, it should be largely gone.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/he...tnams-coronavirus-sufferers-cured/ar-BB10lChM
Yes, some experts say that is related to the temperature. However, I really believe the Singaporean gov't do a really good job by comparing with my city Hong Kong. In the link I posted, it talks about the discipline of the people and that makes the difference between Singapore and Hong Kong.

View attachment 609295

This guy is very pro-CCP. He was the former foreign minister of Ethiopia. He has been protecting the CCP and covering up the real situation of the coronavirus.

Any evidence? or just another prejudice or hearsay?

If no evidence but you still choose to believe that, then nothing will change your opinion - because it is about your preference nothing about truth. Whoever says something not inline with your preference you will accuse them lying for being bribed.

And if you belief the narration selectively without backed by evidence, then there are 2 possibilities:
1. You are the victim of western systematical propaganda, or
2. You are the one of the propaganda propagator itself

I do believe Vietnam uses the same measures as China which is why their virus outbreak is contain while Singapore has more cases.

Look like openness measure is not good enough.

A Person Can Carry And Transmit COVID-19 Without Showing Symptoms, Scientists Confirm

ARIA BENDIX, BUSINESS INSIDER
24 FEB 2020
Chinese researchers have confirmed a case of asymptomatic transmission of the new coronavirus: A 20-year-old woman from Wuhan passed it to five of her family members but never got physically sick herself.

The case study is the first concrete evidence that a person showing no symptoms can pass the coronavirus to others – a fact that could make curbing the outbreak even more challenging.

The researchers behind the finding said the 20-year-old woman was isolated and closely observed at the Fifth People's Hospital of Anyang. She never become physically ill, even after her family members developed fevers. Two of them got severe pneumonia.

For now, the woman's asymptomatic transmission appears to be an anomaly, but health experts have documented other instances in which people tested positive for the virus without showing symptoms.

A report from the Chinese Centre for Disease Control and Prevention analysed records of all of China's reported cases of the virus from December 8 to February 11 and found that 1.2 percent of patients confirmed to be infected showed no symptoms.

A far higher portion of asymptomatic cases was found on the Diamond Princess cruise ship, where 322 of 621 people tested positive but showed no symptoms.

"It's very clear that the people who are getting caught in that umbrella of reporting are the people that present themselves to a hospital," Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said at a briefing on February 6.

"There's another whole cohort that is either asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic."

The Chinese woman tested positive for the virus, but never got sick
The 20-year-old woman in the new case study lives in Wuhan – the city where the outbreak started – but travelled to Anyang on January 10. Three days later, she went with five family members to visit a sick patient (who did not have the coronavirus) at the Anyang District Hospital.

On January 17, one of the woman's family members came down with a fever and sore throat. The following week, the other four relatives developed a fever and respiratory symptoms. Those relatives were admitted to the Fifth People's Hospital on January 26.

All of the family members tested positive for the coronavirus. The only person they'd had contact with who had been in Wuhan was their 20-year-old relative.

When doctors initially tested the young woman for the coronavirus, the results came back negative. Her CT scan was normal, too. But a day later, she tested positive for the virus even though she wasn't showing any symptoms. By February 11, the woman still had no fever, cough, sore throat, or gastrointestinal issues.

5e505f84fee23d10150499761.png

Doctors concluded that the woman's incubation period – the time during which she was infectious – was 19 days.

Chinese health officials previously estimated that the incubation period for the virus ranged from one to 14 days, but recent research suggests it could be as long as 24 days.

The US and many other countries have established quarantine rules for travellers from Wuhan based on that 14-day window.

Asymptomatic transmission in Germany?
Most of the coronavirus cases so far have been mild, but the virus has killed more than 2,200 people and infected more than 76,000. Though the majority of cases are on the Chinese mainland, the virus has spread to 29 other countries.

A case of asymptomatic transmission similar to the one described in the new case study was previously identified in Germany. But that research turned out to be flawed.

According to a letter published in the New England Journal of Medicine, a woman from Shanghai transmitted the virus to a 33-year-old German businessman in January. Three days later, he felt better and went back to work, then infected at least two of his colleagues. But the researchers had not spoken with the woman, who had in fact experienced mild symptoms at the time of transmission.

That left scientists unsure as to whether people who never experience any symptoms can transmit the disease – until today.

https://www.sciencealert.com/resear...smit-the-coronavirus-without-showing-symptoms

Situation 'very grave' as South Korea cases surge to 1,146

Hopefully South Korea can keep things under control soon.

Yea I saw the article yesterday too.

Yes, some experts say that is related to the temperature. However, I really believe the Singaporean gov't do a really good job by comparing with my city Hong Kong. In the link I posted, it talks about the discipline of the people and that makes the difference between Singapore and Hong Kong.

I think the difference is the level of faith in the government. You can see the difference when you visit Reddit Singapore and Reddit HK.

When the government urges us to use masks responsibly, we cooperate. We don't know how long this will last so it's important to ration the masks for our healthcare workers and those who are ill.

masks-2.tmb-479v.png

The medical consensus is to wash our hands frequently and avoid touching our face.

In HK, you guys don't trust the government and think Carrie Lam or other experts are talking BS. Now the supplies for many clinics are running critically low.

I do believe Vietnam uses the same measures as China which is why their virus outbreak is contain while Singapore has more cases.

Lol and Indonesia has 0 cases while being 'open'. So Indonesia's measures are the most effective?

It's just incomparable as different countries have different detection capabilities.

Almost half of our cases are imported cases from Wuhan and that's already more than Vietnam's total, so your point is moot because even we have 0 local transmissions our case count would still be higher than many other countries. And most of our local transmissions are detected through contact tracing and testing, an example of our rigorous detection capabilities.

Singapore has ‘near-perfect’ coronavirus detection, Harvard study says
https://www.businessinsider.sg/singapore-has-near-perfect-coronavirus-detection-harvard-study-says

We even run antibody test to detect those who have recovered from the virus unknowingly.

how-the-life-church-and-grace-assembly-of-god-clusters-are-linked---infographic.png

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/real-time-update-on-coronavirus-outbreak.650761/page-30#post-12108641

We added this special case into our case count and established a mind-map of local transmissions with the help of the Singapore Police Force.

Tell me, which country is as rigorous and stringent in detecting cases? Vietnam? Indonesia? Myanmar?

Last edited:
I think the difference is the level of faith in the government.
I also believe this is one of the reasons. However, some HK people are simply too irrational and selfish, like one reports a women insisted to travel to South Korea even with the outbreak there and travel warning, in her defense she has no faith in the gov't by not closing all the gates, so this is no different for her for staying in HK or SK. Just makes it short, HK is close to China and only have around 80 cases; SK today already have more than 1000 cases. She doesn't think about what will happen to her if the SK gov't decides to close down the city or even the chance of being infected. This is just one of the icebergs and some are in fact let their distrust blind their rationality and judgement. Like the burning down of the quarantine place and throwing petrol bombs to clinics, this is far beyond the faith in the gov't but selfish and irrationality.

However, some HK people are simply too irrational and selfish, like one reports a women insisted to travel to South Korea even with the outbreak there and travel warning, in her defense she has no faith in the gov't by not closing all the gates, so this is no different for her for staying in HK or SK.

Well, black sheeps exist in every society (including Singapore) and they need to be dealt with swiftly to send a message.

Man loses PR status, barred from re-entering Singapore after breaching Stay-Home Notice
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...ronavirus-pr-stay-home-notice-barred-12471954

COVID-19: Two to be charged with giving false information to MOH during contact tracing
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...arged-false-info-moh-contact-tracing-12471894

Well, black sheeps exist in every society (including Singapore) and they need to be dealt with swiftly to send a message.

Man loses PR status, barred from re-entering Singapore after breaching Stay-Home Notice
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...ronavirus-pr-stay-home-notice-barred-12471954

COVID-19: Two to be charged with giving false information to MOH during contact tracing
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...arged-false-info-moh-contact-tracing-12471894
BTW, do you remember the TaiShang guy from Taiwan? I haven't heard of him for a long time. Is he a fake one like the nihonji or something esle?

Back
Top Bottom