What's new

In biggest troop reduction, China to bring army down to 1 million

You too mention India and now we have stand off with India. Does that make your comment invalid? Thanks for shooting your own foot. :enjoy:

During Mao Era, we have 6 million soldier. Now we have 2.35 million. It is already a good target achieve.

That makes no sense.

If the entire India army decides to increase its headcount by a million. Should the PLA follow?

There are plenty of military channel on iqiyi. There are already plenty of topics on how the PLA plans to ensure it decisive victory in the information age.

Go and learn something new today, dont be a SB.

Your bordering nations are just as weak, with the expectation of Russia and India.

In the age of information warfare, having a vast amount of land troops is a burden for any nation.

Your mentality is still at Mao's era. Now its Xi's era. "Expertise" you say :D

Nah, dont forget japan.

As long as japan is provocative, china still needs a large armed forces

China will downsize its 2.3 million-strong military, the world's largest, to under one million in the biggest troop reduction in its history as part of a restructuring process, an official Chinese daily said.

The People's Liberation Army (PLA) will increase the numbers of other services, including navy and missile forces, the PLA Daily, the official newspaper of the Chinese military, reported.

Jun Zhengping Studio, a Chinese social WeChat account run by the newspaper published an article yesterday on structural reform in the military, saying that "the old military structure, where the army accounts for the vast majority, will be replaced after the reform".

"The reform is based on China's strategic goals and security requirements. In the past, the PLA focused on ground battle and homeland defence, which will undergo fundamental changes," the report said.

"This is the first time that active PLA army personnel would be reduced to below one million," it said.

It added that the number of troops in the PLA Navy, PLA Strategic Support Force and the PLA Rocket Force will be increased, while the PLA Air Force's active service personnel will remain the same.

According to the Ministry of Defence data, the PLA Army had about 8.50 lakh combat troops in 2013. No official numbers of the total strength of PLA Army were released.

Earlier, Chinese President Xi Jinping had announced that the PLA will be cut by three lakh troops.

"The total PLA personnel was about 2.3 million before the country announced a cut of 300,000 troops in 2015," state-run Global Times reported.
"This reform will provide other services, including the PLA Rocket Force, Air Force, Navy and Strategic Support Force (mainly responsible for electronic warfare and communication), with more resources and inputs, and the PLA will strengthen its capability to conduct overseas missions," Xu Guangyu, a senior adviser to the China Arms Control and Disarmament Association, was quoted by the media report.

The PLA Daily article said that China's overseas interests were spread around the world and needed to be protected.

"These are beyond the army's current capabilities," Xu said.

The PLA structure should also fit China's international status, Xu said.

http://www.defencenews.in/article/C...gth-from-23-million-to-under-1-million-263148

Indian is so stupid that they can not even understand Chinese language. The total PLA is still be 2 million.
Only the army will be reduced to under 1 million, while the personnels of other strengths like navy, air force, stragetic force etc will be increased to keep the personnel of PLA be about 2 million.

How will this reduced force ever threaten India?This goes against all the chest thumpings of many chinese posters on this forum.
Did anyone mentioned that India is being threaten in any shape or form?

Or you feel small compared to China. Make your stand. Make it quick.

Did anyone mentioned that India is being threaten in any shape or form?

Or you feel small compared to China. Make your stand. Make it quick.

The Chinese forumers often remind us of how big and unstoppable their army is..I'm just wondering aloud .:coffee:
As for making a stand we have already made it in doklam.China has been the one talking more than actually doing anything.

Now they need to start training for the most effed up operations in all of warfare...'Amphibious landings'. Instead why not integrate these soldiers as Marines and give them better training?

Now they need to start training for the most effed up operations in all of warfare...'Amphibious landings'. Instead why not integrate these soldiers as Marines and give them better training?
What makes you think some of these soldiers are not being relocated to other services? I think a million soldier army is good enough for China. Rest of the money can be spent on Navy and Airforce. Don't forget the paramilitary and reserves in China. For border conflicts with India, a combination of paramilitary and army is good enough.

The Chinese forumers often remind us of how big and unstoppable their army is..I'm just wondering aloud .:coffee:
As for making a stand we have already made it in doklam.China has been the one talking more than actually doing anything.
You dont represent the IAF, neither does the chinese netizen presents the PLA.

You are just feeling small, take your feeling else where if you cannot handle your emotions.

No one will stroke your fragile ego.

What makes you think some of these soldiers are not being relocated to other services? I think a million soldier army is good enough for China. Rest of the money can be spent on Navy and Airforce. Don't forget the paramilitary and reserves in China. For border conflicts with India, a combination of paramilitary and army is good enough.

Well I never denied that....what I told was about the increase in PLAN forces. The speed at which China is building Amphibious landing crafts and helicopter carriers they must be restructuring for amphibious operations. It is one of the most difficult operations and it is a nightmare for any commander to do an Amphibious operation. The support and Logistics and maneuvering capability is very limited. Actually taking over small islands are more difficult than D-Day landings if you ask any war planner. That is what I meant. And stop day dreaming that your army and paramilitary are enough to take on Indian army. The Moment war is declared between India and China almost all of your soldiers will drop the QBZ and revert back to the type-56. You people still have to defend your country instead of the party. The Indian army has 80% overachievers sitting on the top but in the PLA you have 90% party loyalists sitting on top. Can you deny this?

well, not everything is about India. China reduce the troops number because they don't need that many anymore, simple as that. I suspect the number of PLA will be around 1.5 to 1.7 million by the time the reform is finish. The number of navy, air force and strategic force will increase, while army will be reduced. Border duty will go to PAP.

You too mention India and now we have stand off with India. Does that make your comment invalid? Thanks for shooting your own foot. :enjoy:

During Mao Era, we have 6 million soldier. Now we have 2.35 million. It is already a good target achieve.

Also, land battles are still fought and won by numbers and strength. The role of technology is limited in land warfare, because humans count on land, since it is their domain.

In air and sea, only technological, industrial, and strategic prowess counts. Man power is required but not the determinant. It is because Air, and Sea are not traditional human domains. A human can't do anything in air, or in sea, without advanced equipment.

Look at Korean War. China with minimal equipment, was successful in deterring US, with the most advanced weaponry.

Similarly, in Vietnam.

In land conflicts, human numbers matter a lot.

And you are right. China is the country with the longest land boundary, a lot of which can be put under strain.

But the Indian claim the whole of PLA including army ,navy and airforce will all go under 1million

No they don't. They claim that Army is getting reduced.

It would be a very positive news for India if China were to actually cutting its army personnel down to 1 million.

Have you ever my friend studied the history of land conflicts?

In land conflicts, most of the time the larger army wins. (Unless there is a day and night gap between technology levels, which trust me won't be in the case of India, as India has access to all western tech, and is slowly also gaining enough funds to buy anything it wants)

Indian is so stupid that they can not even understand Chinese language. The total PLA is still be 2 million.
Only the army will be reduced to under 1 million, while the personnels of other strengths like navy, air force, stragetic force etc will be increased to keep the personnel of PLA be about 2 million.

Can you explain to me, how many people are in PLA Army right now?

Also, land battles are still fought and won by numbers and strength. The role of technology is limited in land warfare, because humans count on land, since it is their domain.

In air and sea, only technological, industrial, and strategic prowess counts. Man power is required but not the determinant. It is because Air, and Sea are not traditional human domains. A human can't do anything in air, or in sea, without advanced equipment.

Look at Korean War. China with minimal equipment, was successful in deterring US, with the most advanced weaponry.

Similarly, in Vietnam.

In land conflicts, human numbers matter a lot.

And you are right. China is the country with the longest land boundary, a lot of which can be put under strain.

No they don't. They claim that Army is getting reduced.

It would be a very positive news for India if China were to actually cutting its army personnel down to 1 million.

Have you ever my friend studied the history of land conflicts?

In land conflicts, most of the time the larger army wins. (Unless there is a day and night gap between technology levels, which trust me won't be in the case of India, as India has access to all western tech, and is slowly also gaining enough funds to buy anything it wants)

Can you explain to me, how many people are in PLA Army right now?
Bro, we are in the 21st century, human wave tactics cannot work anymore, a few precision cluster bombs and you are toast. The gap between western arms and Chinese arms is minimal nowadays, and we can produce them using our MIC. Can Indian sustain this?

Back
Top Bottom