What's new

In a first, Modi-Merkel to address joint cabinet meeting

Plenty of Indians in Wembley :lol::lol:

Pretty awesome news actually, sadly I am a few hundreds miles away during term time.
Today was the last day to book tickets...& even I was late by the time I realised. Yet..might just stroll around Wembley just to soak the atmosphere. & take my chance if someone like Rajdeep Sardesai comes around! :laugh:

Coming back to your earlier point about Modi's delayed trip to UK... It's a fact that UK govt did commit some unsavoury acts ever since Modi govt came to power. Now it's a open secret that UK govt did facilitate meeting between ISI & NDS of Afghanistan. It's under UK's insistence that NDS signed MOU with ISI for greater intelligence cooperation between the two..& keep India out. However that venture failed before it could take off due to astute Indian handling of the situation. You may have been aware of that MQM episode too...& how brazenly BBC broke that story about Indians funding MQM..& everything else that went on since that story broke.
Maybe I'm reading too much into this...then again there was no need for UK parliamentarians to give time & space to that anti-Indian greenpeace activist to present her case to undermine India's progress & development.
All these actions makes one apprehensive about the intentions of UK establishment.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this...then again there was no need for UK parliamentarians to give time & space to that anti-Indian greenpeace activist to present her case to undermine India's progress & development.
All these actions makes one apprehensive about the intentions of UK establishment.
What about that debate in the House of Commons on so-called Indian atrocities in Kashmir? That was a shameful affair that was paid back in kind not too much later.

Today was the last day to book tickets...& even I was late by the time I realised. Yet..might just stroll around Wembley just to soak the atmosphere. & take my chance if someone like Rajdeep Sardesai comes around! :laugh:

I wouldn't have been able to attend anyway but do let us know what it was like mate!

And vice versa.

To be fair, the visit of Modi last year was pretty special (in terms of tangible benefits for both sides).

Interesting to me (as a Brit), Modi has visited France, Ireland, Russia and Germany (multiple times now) but is still yet to visit the UK. I understand the UK had elections this year and I am certain that a visit will take place in the next 18 months but Modi (and his Govt) are clearly not giving much importance to this tiny island in the N.Alantic that too despite a huge NRI/ex-pat community here which would give him a considerable welcome (maybe matching Madison Square Garden).

Most telling.

Expect further mud-slinging by the Guardian, BBC and their ilk.....

The UK deserves all this for their constant snide remarks and attacks. Also, providing a platform for lots of Kashmir related nonsense and south asian jihadis. Their media circus is even worse.

Our NRI's and Indian origin folks deserve better, but the UK needs to be shown it's place once in a while.

+ @Spectre Britain (again, despite the MASSIVE NRI/ex-pat community) has always lagged behind the rest of Europe in terms of ties with India. I remember reading a few years ago that the UK traded with India less than BELGIUM. I find this almost inexplicable unless you factor in the Pakistani community here in the UK. I know (from personal experience how much the political parties court the Pakistani vote base here and it seems this is shaping our foreign policy too...

DAILY MAIL NEWS
EXCLUSIVE: Lunar-cy! India gets enough cash in British aid to allow it to send a £250million rocket to the moon... even though government promised to stop it

A MailOnline investigation found the figures included:

• £26.1 million to boost the affordable housing market in India

• £35 million on education, including teacher training, schoolbooks and skills for job seekers

• £390,000 to provide street lights in the city of Jaipur

• £4 million for a wind farm in Rajasthan

• £39 million on health, including a survey to count abortions and unwanted pregnancies

• £31 million to a state regarded as India's 'corruption capital', where hundreds of government officials face graft charges

• £18 million on improving local government, including providing helpful tips on how to raise VAT on alcohol and petrol

The investigation also found millions of pounds had been earmarked for loans to encourage investment in infrastructure in states regarded as too risky by other lenders.

Millions more have been set aside to help India gain access to private sector expertise - even though Indian companies dominate the market to such an extent that Tata Consulting Services, the biggest Indian player, currently employs 10,000 people in the UK and holds dozens of government and private sector contracts.

0730D4F800000514-2947400-image-m-87_1423577742621.jpg

Minister Justine Greening is being asked to justify £250 million aid to India in light of its £600 million space exploration programme and cuts to UK services

BECAUSE OF THIS ATTITUDE INDIANS AND MODI DON'T LIKE THEM SIR

DAILY MAIL NEWS
EXCLUSIVE: Lunar-cy! India gets enough cash in British aid to allow it to send a £250million rocket to the moon... even though government promised to stop it

A MailOnline investigation found the figures included:

• £26.1 million to boost the affordable housing market in India

• £35 million on education, including teacher training, schoolbooks and skills for job seekers

• £390,000 to provide street lights in the city of Jaipur

• £4 million for a wind farm in Rajasthan

• £39 million on health, including a survey to count abortions and unwanted pregnancies

• £31 million to a state regarded as India's 'corruption capital', where hundreds of government officials face graft charges

• £18 million on improving local government, including providing helpful tips on how to raise VAT on alcohol and petrol

The investigation also found millions of pounds had been earmarked for loans to encourage investment in infrastructure in states regarded as too risky by other lenders.

Millions more have been set aside to help India gain access to private sector expertise - even though Indian companies dominate the market to such an extent that Tata Consulting Services, the biggest Indian player, currently employs 10,000 people in the UK and holds dozens of government and private sector contracts.

0730D4F800000514-2947400-image-m-87_1423577742621.jpg

Minister Justine Greening is being asked to justify £250 million aid to India in light of its £600 million space exploration programme and cuts to UK services

BECAUSE OF THIS ATTITUDE INDIANS AND MODI DON'T LIKE THEM SIR
2015 is the last year the Daily mail and their ilk can get frustrated about these things, the aid is coming to an end now.

+ it's funny how their headline is completely undermined by the subsequent breakdown of the aid package- not a single £ went to ISRO.

Last edited:
And vice versa.

To be fair, the visit of Modi last year was pretty special (in terms of tangible benefits for both sides).

Interesting to me (as a Brit), Modi has visited France, Ireland, Russia and Germany (multiple times now) but is still yet to visit the UK. I understand the UK had elections this year and I am certain that a visit will take place in the next 18 months but Modi (and his Govt) are clearly not giving much importance to this tiny island in the N.Alantic that too despite a huge NRI/ex-pat community here which would give him a considerable welcome (maybe matching Madison Square Garden).

Most telling.

Expect further mud-slinging by the Guardian, BBC and their ilk.....

I really don't give much to Guardian and BBC or what they say.

But UK is too important a partner for India to ignore, when Cameron is going all out to woo India. 90% of Indian companies conduct their business in Europe through UK apart from large expat population.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom