What's new

In 1947 two muslim countries should have been created!

Nobody cares if BD bans Indian channels, we don't get any ad revenues from BD. But who stopped BD govt. to ban Indian channels.

what are we waiting for then?? it just awaits the order from the government...nothing else...

I think there are a very large number of Bengali channels in India.

They do have a choice to watch what they want to.

Is there really a ban? Why was it imposed?

I dont support banning indian channel here which will make us difficult to make indians to allow our channels to those Indians who are deprived of watching bengali channel in India. I am on the side of Indian people who would like to watch our channel and infact feels they are more close to Bengali culture than they are Bollywood culture.

who the hell gives a **** if India doesn't allow to broadcast our channel on its land?? look, Indian has never broadcasted our channels and they are totally unlikely to do so...! we cannot beg India for the people who would like to watch our channels as i said India is quite unlikely to allow it....if you want to promote Bangladeshi culture then i can say our channels are being broadcasted in many other countries aswell...why go crazy for broadcasting in India....??or what if we do not broadcast their channels in Bangladesh untill and unless they do it first???

No offense bro...

Last edited:
I think there are a very large number of Bengali channels in India.

They do have a choice to watch what they want to.

Is there really a ban? Why was it imposed?

Not too many though!! But there are some qualitative and content difference between the Begali channel in India and in Bangladesh. Also some emotional aspects involved in the whole thing which many indians may not like. That is the main reason it is categorically discouraged in West Bengal. Not sure about Tripura.. Tripura people are very fan of Bangladeshi Products...
This is just a cultural bond between the same people... Nothing else... which sometimes freaks policymakers out.

Not too many though!! But there are some qualitative and content difference between the Begali channel in India and in Bangladesh. Also some emotional aspects involved in the whole thing which many indians may not like. That is the main reason it is categorically discouraged in West Bengal. Not sure about Tripura.. Tripura people are very fan of Bangladeshi Products...
This is just a cultural bond between the same people... Nothing else... which sometimes freaks policymakers out.

Brother iajdani
Please help me understan this........
why care so much about bengali in west bengle and looking for unwanted cultural similarity with them. They are part of india so let india worry about them. We are the follower of Muhammedi and Ibrahim and who do they follow(beside muslim). What similarity do we have beside language and if we are so similar, than why joind pakistan in 1947 for separte home land for Muslim bengle? Just becasue we speak same language it doesn't make us same people or just because we are bangladeshi doesn't make us Automatically converted muslim. There must be some diffrence between Bangladeshi and bengali in india.

all the times west wanted to divide muslims countries and that was exactly people did divide we fall united we stand but our brother Banglis are just unicorn to understand that.

Brother iajdani
Please help me understan this........
why care so much about bengali in west bengle and looking for unwanted cultural similarity with them. They are part of india so let india worry about them. We are the follower of Muhammedi and Ibrahim and who do they follow(beside muslim). What similarity do we have beside language and if we are so similar, than why joind pakistan in 1947 for separte home land for Muslim bengle? Just becasue we speak same language it doesn't make us same people or just because we are bangladeshi doesn't make us Automatically converted muslim. There must be some diffrence between Bangladeshi and bengali in india.

Well, there is no single answer for your question basically. An social scientist or an Anthropologist may be in a better position to answer that or even a Islamic scholar could be a choice.
At least I could give you some direction of my thoughts. First Islam and Local community culture is not mutually exclusive. You can have both. Also you are wrong in identifying 1947 two nation theory as being just a religious division. But in fact it was just a economic segregation between Muslims and Hindus where Muslim wanted more participation on Political and Economic affairs. Muslim did not get separated from India because they could practice more Islam in their new country or they could make that a fanatic Islamic country. You need to study Jinnahs words closely. Also I needed to mention Fazlul Haque, you need to study him as well and pay some attention to political and economic affairs in early 20th century, not just after 1942 onward.
Why worry about Indian Bengali as they are on the other side of Border? Depends what kind of worrying you do for them. The reason I am worried because they are also part of our heritage and culture. they read our books, they feel proud when Dr. Yunus got Nobel prize, they celebrate or 21st February, they celebrate our independece day and so on!!! They also work as a buffer between huge India and Bangladesh. India can never wage a one sided war keeping all those Bengalis on their soil. Remember 18 BSF got killed by BDR and there were wholesale protest in India but west bengal, where People in west bengal sided with Bangladesh and said that piece of land (seemed to them) as part of Bangladesh. When India try to push in Beggars from their street in Banglades, West bengal is the one there to protest. Also let me remind you that, Bangladeshi offered India, only to deploy Bengali BSF on indian side? Why is that? Because Bengali BSF will not open fire to another Bengali even though they are on the other side of border.

Also some of the people try to suggest that All the muslim Ummah should belong to the same country. Thats a blunt reasoning as Islam was never meant to be confined in the same country. Since the time of Khelafat, there were different country created, country merged and so on!!!

Last edited:
If West Bengal loves us so much they should take the bold decision to secede from India and join Bangladesh and become part of a greater Bengal. They will never do this because their Bengali identity is subsumed under an Indian one.

Well, there is no single answer for your question basically. An social scientist or an Anthropologist may be in a better position to answer that or even a Islamic scholar could be a choice.
At least I could give you some direction of my thoughts. First Islam and Local community culture is not mutually exclusive. You can have both. Also you are wrong in identifying 1947 two nation theory as being just a religious division. But in fact it was just a economic segregation between Muslims and Hindus where Muslim wanted more participation on Political and Economic affairs. Muslim did not get separated from India because they could practice more Islam in their new country or they could make that a fanatic Islamic country. You need to study Jinnahs words closely. Also I needed to mention Fazlul Haque, you need to study him as well and pay some attention to political and economic affairs in early 20th century, not just after 1942 onward.
Why worry about Indian Bengali as they are on the other side of Border? Depends what kind of worrying you do for them. The reason I am worried because they are also part of our heritage and culture. they read our books, they feel proud when Dr. Yunus got Nobel prize, they celebrate or 21st February, they celebrate our independece day and so on!!! They also work as a buffer between huge India and Bangladesh. India can never wage a one sided war keeping all those Bengalis on their soil. Remember 18 BSF got killed by BDR and there were wholesale protest in India but west bengal, where People in west bengal sided with Bangladesh and said that piece of land (seemed to them) as part of Bangladesh. When India try to push in Beggars from their street in Banglades, West bengal is the one there to protest. Also let me remind you that, Bangladeshi offered India, only to deploy Bengali BSF on indian side? Why is that? Because Bengali BSF will not open fire to another Bengali even though they are on the other side of border.

Also some of the people try to suggest that All the muslim Ummah should belong to the same country. Thats a blunt reasoning as Islam was never meant to be confined in the same country. Since the time of Khelafat, there were different country created, country merged and so on!!!

Thank you for your explanation. I think I will stick to my Bangladeshi nationalism and I am proud of my Islamic heritage. I like to hang out with my Muslim brothers from all over the world as we share same views regardless of our country of origin.

It doesn't realy matter to me if indian begali celibrate our holiday or not, frankly I think they shouldn't. It's us bangladeshi to protect our country with the help of Almighty Allah's but not them.

As far as two nation theory it's still true and established because we didn't merge with india 1971. We are active member of OIC. We are more closer with pakistan than india. Bangladesh is more Islamic today than time of East pakistan. There are more Masjid in Bangaladesh than entire India. 1972 Secular Constitution and bengalis nationalism barried deep in bay of bengle in 1975.

I don't know everything about Quaid-i-Azam yet but I know this quote and it's still relevant today.

"If we begin to think of ourselves as Bengalis, Punjabis and Sindhis first, and Muslim and Pakistanis only incidentally, then Pakistan is bound to disintegrate."

—Mohammed Ali Jinnah, 1948

Thank you for your explanation. I think I will stick to my Bangladeshi nationalism and I am proud of my Islamic heritage. I like to hang out with my Muslim brothers from all over the world as we share same views regardless of our country of origin.

It doesn't realy matter to me if indian begali celibrate our holiday or not, frankly I think they shouldn't. It's us bangladeshi to protect our country with the help of Almighty Allah's but not them.

As far as two nation theory it's still true and established because we didn't merge with india 1971. We are active member of OIC. We are more closer with pakistan than india. Bangladesh is more Islamic today than time of East pakistan. There are more Masjid in Bangaladesh than entire India. 1972 Secular Constitution and bengalis nationalism barried deep in bay of bengle in 1975.

I don't know everything about Quaid-i-Azam yet but I know this quote and it's still relevant today.

"If we begin to think of ourselves as Bengalis, Punjabis and Sindhis first, and Muslim and Pakistanis only incidentally, then Pakistan is bound to disintegrate."

—Mohammed Ali Jinnah, 1948

Well there is nothing wrong on what you are doing now. I did say, its not mutually exclusive.
Regarding the quote.. Pakistan did disintegrated, and People did think of them as being bengalis and punjabis.. He could not stop it..

Well there is nothing wrong on what you are doing now. I did say, its not mutually exclusive.
Regarding the quote.. Pakistan did disintegrated, and People did think of them as being bengalis and punjabis.. He could not stop it..

So are you unhappy about the existence of Bangladesh and wish to reunite with Pakistan?

If West Bengal loves us so much they should take the bold decision to secede from India and join Bangladesh and become part of a greater Bengal. They will never do this because their Bengali identity is subsumed under an Indian one.

First, let me :lol:.

What is wrong with subsuming with other cultures which has happened through out the history in many countries. Despite subsuming Indian culture, Bengalis have maintained their unique identity so as people from other states.

So are you unhappy about the existence of Bangladesh and wish to reunite with Pakistan?

Ofcourse not.. Creation of Bangladesh was the best thing ever happend to any bengali person (even for the bengalis in India). I dont care how it was created, and all those dots in between like two state then three state... But we can still be friend with all those south asian nations and eventually move towards a greater Union like EU or something. We need look forward and remove threats between ourselves.

First, let me :lol:.

What is wrong with subsuming with other cultures which has happened through out the history in many countries. Despite subsuming Indian culture, Bengalis have maintained their unique identity so as people from other states.
Hmm ... depends on how dominant that particular culture is? It would be very difficult for Hindi be dominating that much if Bengal were not separated.

Back
Top Bottom