What's new

In 1947 two muslim countries should have been created!

Sorry for the late reply as I was off due to Eid-ul Azha.
The sub-continent was ruled by the Muslim emperors for about a thousand years. So, how do expect us, the Muslims, get less territoy than the Hindus?
Its always the British who backed you regarding the territory, but not us...

You have some serious problems of context here. There was no 1000 year Muslim rule in India. You need to correct your facts. Various Hindu and Muslims rulers ruled various parts of India even during the part that you are talking of. The Mughals were the only ones who established a big empire that was anyway well on the way to destruction before the British came.

You may know the gains that had already been made by the Sikhs, Jats and the Marathas. If you don't, read up on that.

Second, you guys were never part of the rulers. the rulers were alien invaders who should have been persuaded (if possible gently) to go back to where they came from after it was all over for them. The same way the British went back.

You guys are no different from the other Bengalis who did not convert. Just changing the faith for whatever reasons does not make you Turks or Uzbeks or Mongols or Arabs. Ask your compatriots toiling in the Arab countries if it did?

Get it straight, you (and the overwhelming majority of Western Pakistanis) were not the people who ruled over the natives of this land. You were part of the ruled, not the rulers!

You know one major reason for the happenings of the 1971 events? The racial contempt that the Western Pakistanis had for the "Hinduized" Bengali Muslims. They felt you had not given up your pre-Islamlic culture sufficiently and had not become fake Arabs like many of them had done.

That means Assam and West-Bengal.
Bangladesh would be more than double of its size if those were given to us...

The basic premise of this assumption is wrong. Refer the above post.

Anyway, why do you think that all those Hindus who did not want to join a newly created Muslim (and Islamic) state should have been forced to do that?

What do you think would have happened to them in 1971?

Last edited:
I am not aware of this particular issue but obviously things have to change. Trust has to get established and the countries need to be comfortable with themselves and their neighbors.

Knowing India form the TV channels or the movies does not mean you know India. There is a lot to India beyond what you see there. Same as I am sure there are hidden treasures in every country in the region beyond the bomb blasts and the terror news.

Well I know India because I studied at Darjeeling,Kurseang to be exact,though for two years.

Well I know India because I studied at Darjeeling,Kurseang to be exact,though for two years.

Good for you. Darjeeling is beautiful. I went there as a kid.

Frankly India is so vast that even I can't say I know it all.

The sights and smells of the East, West, North and South are so different. I have explored only a part of it, even though I am a keen traveler.

I do hope to visit many other South Asian countries. So far visited only Nepal and Bhutan. Maldives is the next target.

Last edited:
Are BD channels banned in India ? I don't think so I would rather believe if some one provides a credible sorce. There are no big restrictions on broadcasting cable TV channels in India. From our west side neighbor we receive PTV and more recently the QTV (looks like a good Islamic religious channel with so much of discussions and all).

In Kolkata you will get ATN Bangla ,(actually it is a Kolktata based channel) , Channel I (eye) too. Beside TARA Bangla is broadcasting lots of Bangladeshi programme including news. Regarding BTV I dont know , may be Govt. / political decesion .Previuosly (before this cable/satelite era) east India (Bengal & NE region ) used to get BTV programme on our TV through some special (booster) anteena. And BTV's Tele Dramas (Natok) were very popular with the Bengalees here. But nowadays so many local channels are coming up almost every month that people have vast choice. Moreover Kolkata is a metropolitan city having different people with variuos culture & language (unlike Bangladesh where Bangla is the only/main language).So local cable operators has limited scope too for broadcasting all the Bangaldeshi Satelite channels.It depends upon the locality you stay. In mainly bengalee locality they show lots of Bengali channels . (In Kolkata we have apprx. 10 only bengali channels , if not more , some of which are entirely local channel & popular with the local people).So there is no question/room for protest and/ or demanding Bangladeshi Channel.We have to watch Bangladesh's TV Channels only bcoz they watch ours is simply stupidity.

We are not asking that you have to watch,how many of you watch PTV????
May be you don't like,but that does not mean others won't like it.
Kolkata has its own bengali channels,like tara,etv bangla etc.
TARA is actually joint production as far as I know.
In BD,we have all channels ranging from star plus to etv bangla to tamil channels,our local cable operators are not having problems showing them.
If you don't let us telecast,how will you know these channels are good or not??
btw these BD channels broadcasts as far as USA.
you asked for a link,here it is:
Bangladesh parliamentarians call for law on satellite TV channels

Good for you. Darjeeling is beautiful. I went there as a kid.

Frankly India is so vast that even I can't say I know it all.

The sights and smells of the East, West, North and South are so different. I have explored only a part of it, even though I am a keen traveler.

I do hope visit other South Asian countries. So far visited only Nepal and Bhutan. Maldives is the next target.

Well I also visited Delhi,Agra and Rajasthan.To be honest,India is beautiful country.I like the food very much,yummy!!:lol:

:lol: I actually used to get PTV in my home as a kid. Later they blocked it, but there was a time when Pakistani soaps were quite popular.

Same for me. I remember watching their news on the day of the Godhara tragedy. The lady newsreader was almost besides herself with joy while recounting how the Hindu "extremists" (who included many women and kids) had been burned to their death. Pretty gross!

Also a regular program on Kashmir with the same sick images and the count of how many Indian soldiers had been "halaak" the previous day and how many terrorists were "martyred".

The aesthetics were as bad as our Doordarshan, leave aside the content.

You have some serious problems of context here. There was no 1000 year Muslim rule in India. You need to correct your facts. Various Hindu and Muslims rulers ruled various parts of India even during the part that you are talking of. The Mughals were the only ones who established a big empire that was anyway well on the way to destruction before the British came.

You may know the gains that had already been made by the Sikhs, Jats and the Marathas. If you don't, read up on that.

Second, you guys were never part of the rulers. the rulers were alien invaders who should have been persuaded (if possible gently) to go back to where they came from after it was all over for them. The same way the British went back.

You guys are no different from the other Bengalis who did not convert. Just changing the faith for whatever reasons does not make you Turks or Uzbeks or Mongols or Arabs. Ask your compatriots toiling in the Arab countries if it did?

Get it straight, you (and the overwhelming majority of Western Pakistanis) were not the people who ruled over the natives of this land. You were part of the ruled, not the rulers!

You know one major reason for the happenings of the 1971 events? The racial contempt that the Western Pakistanis had for the "Hinduized" Bengali Muslims. They felt you had not given up your pre-Islamlic culture sufficiently and had not become fake Arabs like many of them had done.

Few historical facts needs to be corrected here. Vinod was talking on the context of whole India. Bengaly muslim history is quite different than that of rest of India and which is older than Moguls. That is why Bengali muslim dont speak Urdu and they dont know Farsi either. Bengal was converted by the priest and it was a whole sale conversion went on from Rajas to the scheduled cast and it was done within a century. Also since its introduction Islam and Hindus lived side by side without any problem till the time of British. Muslim and Hindus together protected the land from Tax collectors from Delhi. They faught against them all the time.
Also if we come to the recent history, Muslim League was never a power in Greater Bengal. It was Fazlul Haque who was denied support by congress in formation of minority coalition in Greater Bengal made him to turn to Muslim League to form the government. It was bengal congress who could not go above the religion line and was induced by greater Indian politics and only one key decision (Wrong I suppose) made is inevitable for the introduction of the Two State Theory. It was Haque who made the Lahore Proposal.
There were lot of History either omitted or not encouraged to be taught in India or even in Pakistan. They even never taught true history of 1857 mutiny...

Previuosly (before this cable/satelite era) east India (Bengal & NE region ) used to get BTV programme on our TV through some special (booster) anteena..

It just prove that, even though discouraged by government people will choose what they like to choose. You cant just put a border line and deny people's aspiration.

Bangladesh should immediately cut off Indian tv channels. That would solve the problem.

I would thank you 100 times if there was the option...i would also pray from my heart 4 the govt who would ban all the Indian channels broadcasted in Bangladesh...these Indian channels are eating away at me as a ****...most of the females in Bangladesh are big fans of bollywood...everytime I watch the CNN I must get some interruptions from my family members that their "beloved" serial had already started...i wonder when would it get off my back...!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom