What's new

In 1947 two muslim countries should have been created!

I doubt if iajdani is a Bangladeshi national. Most of his post sided with Indian. I smell indian in him.

Please, lets not cast aspersions on the identity of the posters.

We accept a members identity as being that which they declare in good faith.

In any case, it is the arguments made by members that need to be questioned. If they are invalid arguments, we should be able to show them as being so.

Last edited:
I doubt if iajdani is a Bangladeshi national. Most of his post sided with Indian. I smell indian in him.

Well I don't agree,read his posts carefully,in other threads too.He is a nationalist and is Bangladeshi.Probably he does not want to be friends with Pakistan.

I AGREE. Bangladesh just started changing its gear. I am very hopeful for the next five years. You should be able to see a different Bangladesh. But one thing I need to note here, there were too much negative propaganda in inidan media which are not helping india anyways rather fuels anti indian sentiment in this country. India and Bangladesh had a lot of common interest which could only be explored if India could show some restraint in that area. I know indian govt does not control media but Bangladesh should make some effort to get some of the Indian media on their side and portray positive image of Bangladesh in India. India should do the same.

I agree. We should do a better job of educating our people about Bangladesh and it's rich culture and heritage.

Unfortunately, I don't think any of our countries in South Asia have much awareness about the others. Probably we all are too full of ourselves, just imagine that our culture and civilization is the best and there is nothing that we need to know about our region and other countries and their cultures.

The only news we have from the countries in our neighborhood is the bad news. We never see or read anything good about them. We always see demons in them, imagine them conspiring against us and so on. We forget we have been the same people for so long.

I agree India should take a lead in this. We are the only country that neighbors all the countries in South Asia. All other countries have only us as neighbors and there is a lot of baggage that we all carry that makes it difficult to have normal neighborly relations.

Hope the future is better than the past 60 years.

Well I don't agree,read his posts carefully,in other threads too.He is a nationalist and is Bangladeshi.Probably he does not want to be friends with Pakistan.

So he is the believer of bangli nationalism who identify with Indian bagnali.

I agree. We should do a better job of educating our people about Bangladesh and it's rich culture and heritage.

Unfortunately, I don't think any of our countries in South Asia have much awareness about the others. Probably we all are too full of ourselves, just imagine that our culture and civilization is the best and there is nothing that we need to know about our region and other countries and their cultures.

The only news we have from the countries in our neighborhood is the bad news. We never see or read anything good about them. We always see demons in them, imagine them conspiring against us and so on. We forget we have been the same people for so long.

I agree India should take a lead in this. We are the only country that neighbors all the countries in South Asia. All other countries have only us as neighbors and there is a lot of baggage that we all carry that makes it difficult to have normal neighborly relations.

Hope the future is better than the past 60 years.

I agree with you.But you know something,we BD people know lot about you because of television channels.Same can be said about Sri Lankan people.
But when it comes to showing BD channels in India, in west bengal,the Indian authority turns away.They don't allow BD channels to telecast as there will be a competition to the indian channels.
We are not asking for showing to whole India,but just to a state,and even that you don't allow.:tsk:
Now how will India take a lead in this?????

I agree with you.But you know something,we BD people know lot about you because of television channels.Same can be said about Sri Lankan people.
But when it comes to showing BD channels in India, in west bengal,the Indian authority turns away.They don't allow BD channels to telecast as there will be a competition to the indian channels.
We are not asking for showing to whole India,but just to a state,and even that you don't allow.:tsk:
Now how will India take a lead in this?????

I am not aware of this particular issue but obviously things have to change. Trust has to get established and the countries need to be comfortable with themselves and their neighbors.

Knowing India form the TV channels or the movies does not mean you know India. There is a lot to India beyond what you see there. Same as I am sure there are hidden treasures in every country in the region beyond the bomb blasts and the terror news.

The students I have taught belong to the top class of society so Iajdani would probably appear as the ignorant one compared to them. I have been teaching English and Bengali medium students for 10 years and most really do not care about the past and are more concerned about the future

Hmm.. I m not sure about this top class society and what you really meant by that but what I could grab is that they were just school children that you taught. You should have made an impression on them as they were just kid... In some rare occasions I taught University students, so I really did not find what you did.. May be my bad.....

Last edited:
Actually most of my students are from O' Level and A' Level background but are now studying for LLB degrees from the University of London External Courses. In other words, I am teaching them degree level courses.

Are BD channels banned in India ? I don't think so I would rather believe if some one provides a credible sorce. There are no big restrictions on broadcasting cable TV channels in India. From our west side neighbor we receive PTV and more recently the QTV (looks like a good Islamic religious channel with so much of discussions and all).

In Kolkata you will get ATN Bangla ,(actually it is a Kolktata based channel) , Channel I (eye) too. Beside TARA Bangla is broadcasting lots of Bangladeshi programme including news. Regarding BTV I dont know , may be Govt. / political decesion .Previuosly (before this cable/satelite era) east India (Bengal & NE region ) used to get BTV programme on our TV through some special (booster) anteena. And BTV's Tele Dramas (Natok) were very popular with the Bengalees here. But nowadays so many local channels are coming up almost every month that people have vast choice. Moreover Kolkata is a metropolitan city having different people with variuos culture & language (unlike Bangladesh where Bangla is the only/main language).So local cable operators has limited scope too for broadcasting all the Bangaldeshi Satelite channels.It depends upon the locality you stay. In mainly bengalee locality they show lots of Bengali channels . (In Kolkata we have apprx. 10 only bengali channels , if not more , some of which are entirely local channel & popular with the local people).So there is no question/room for protest and/ or demanding Bangladeshi Channel.We have to watch Bangladesh's TV Channels only bcoz they watch ours is simply stupidity.

Last edited:
I don't think anything iajdhani talked about should jeopardise present Bangladesh-Pakistan relations. He was just talking about history.

It would have been Greater Bengal. It was Jinnah who traded Calcutta for Lahore and screwed Bengal for ever.. We had to build our own city, our own industrial base after 71.. But we are happy now.. No probs ;-)

you lost your land greater than Bangladesh and you're happy!!

So, it was never intended to have complete population transfer. The minorities were supposed to stay in the respective countries. In the Eastern part of the country the population migration did not happen to the same degree as in the Western one.

The border division happened as per the respective majority in the districts concerned. And it was the Muslims who insisted on the division of the country not Hindus. So your statement was factually wrong.

Sorry for the late reply as I was off due to Eid-ul Azha.
The sub-continent was ruled by the Muslim emperors for about a thousand years. So, how do expect us, the Muslims, get less territoy than the Hindus?
Its always the British who backed you regarding the territory, but not us...

Back
Top Bottom