What's new

In 1947 two muslim countries should have been created!

Hmm ... depends on how dominant that particular culture is? It would be very difficult for Hindi be dominating that much if Bengal were not separated.

I don't know about Hindi dominating other languages, but almost all states have their own languages and cultures and people speak in their local language. Hindi helps when people go from one state to another for living.

Hmm ... depends on how dominant that particular culture is? It would be very difficult for Hindi be dominating that much if Bengal were not separated.

It doesn't matter - English is the dominant language of business in India as well as the rest of the world.

I don't know about Hindi dominating other languages, but almost all states have their own languages and cultures and people speak in their local language. Hindi helps when people go from one state to another for living.

In your case, its alright.. and you guys had to make some adjustment, as not everybody can know all the languages in the country. It does help..
But did you ever ask, why Hindi helps and not your language.. LOL.. that is called dominance... :azn:

In your case, its alright.. and you guys had to make some adjustment, as not everybody can know all the languages in the country. It does help..
But did you ever ask, why Hindi helps and not your language.. LOL.. that is called dominance... :azn:

Because our national language is Hindi and it is not possible to learn all the languages. If it has really dominated there should be less use of the other languages in other states which is not true. Hindi, just like English is a medium of communication it is not about dominance.

Because our national language is Hindi. If it has really dominated there should be less use of the other languages in other states which is not true. Hindi just like English is a medium of communication it is not about dominance.

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

That's rather feeble reasoning. The advantages of forming a united entity far outweigh the perceived "benefits" of living in your own little country with your own little language.
In any case, in the modern world, knowing only your native tongue is not going to get you anywhere.

That's rather feeble reasoning. The advantages of forming a united entity far outweigh the perceived "benefits" of living in your own little country with your own little language.
In any case, in the modern world, knowing only your native tongue is not going to get you anywhere.

It depends.. Japan did dominate the world so did Germany... Even english started from a little known Island... It all depends... You cant just come to an conclusion on that particular subject...
But you got to make the best of what you have right at this moment instead of debating on it...

It depends.. Japan did dominate the world so did Germany... Even english started from a little known Island... It all depends... You cant just come to an conclusion on that particular subject...
But you got to make the best of what you have right at this moment instead of debating on it...

The advantages are not related to world domination, but nevertheless.....

They didn't dominate the world. They attempted to do so, however, and failed. Also, they needed a fascist ideology in order to create the necessary atmosphere.

The country which does dominate the world is the USA, and the ones which are tipped to play a big role in the future are China, Brazil, India and EU. All large entities with vast resources.

English started from a small Island, but they did not remain a small Island when they wanted to dominate the world.

In any case, India has its own unique reasons to unite. No point discussing here.

English is predominant because of the number of colonies ruled by British.

It does not if you go from North to South India.

Very much yes...
I live in a place where our mother tongue is not hindi. Hindi is far from threatening our language:partay:. Only english is causing the damage.:agree:

The government should inform the people of Bangladesh that India is a hostile country and that watching Indian channels is unpatriotic as our neighbour does not extend the same facility to our channels.

I think that would be like a totalitarian state,so can't support it.
Bangladesh is and always will be a defensive country.If we declare India as hostile,then we will become the aggressors,one which we can not afford!
We import many goods from India,now if we declare them hostile,then I guess you know we will be short on supplies of many goods,including many food items.
To remind you,we are very far from being self-sufficient.So showing such audacity as to declare India an enemy is not the right option at all.
BUT if India attacks BD,which might be possible if BJP comes to power.In that case we have to fight to save our motherland and our army should be prepared to do that.
Moreover,I think India would not do this foolish thing,as it has lot at stake here.India's NE region is very unstable,any chaos near this area could allow ULFA,MULTA and other organisations the initiative which India don't want.
Above all,we are not at a state of war with India.So our status should be CAUTIOUS,not hostile.We should be cautious as we all know India cannot be termed as good neighbours.

I think that would be like a totalitarian state,so can't support it.
Bangladesh is and always will be a defensive country.If we declare India as hostile,then we will become the aggressors,one which we can not afford!
We import many goods from India,now if we declare them hostile,then I guess you know we will be short on supplies of many goods,including many food items.
To remind you,we are very far from being self-sufficient.So showing such audacity as to declare India an enemy is not the right option at all.
BUT if India attacks BD,which might be possible if BJP comes to power.In that case we have to fight to save our motherland and our army should be prepared to do that.
Moreover,I think India would not do this foolish thing,as it has lot at stake here.India's NE region is very unstable,any chaos near this area could allow ULFA,MULTA and other organisations the initiative which India don't want.
Above all,we are not at a state of war with India.So our status should be CAUTIOUS,not hostile.We should be cautious as we all know India cannot be termed as good neighbours.

:confused: Wha? Why would anyone want to attack B'desh?

Back
Top Bottom