What's new

"Imran khan will lose next elections due to Tarin" Bilal lakhani

Ask the poor who have (and will have in next 2-3 months) access to 10 lakhs health treatment in private hospitals .. Health Card is revolutionary and it will bring private hospitals in and around many villages with private sector investing.

440 billion spend by Punjab government on the health card over next 3 years ... name me one government that worked on the health sector before!? And Patwaris claim that nothing is fixed.
For him health card is nothing and according to him so what its one time surgery in life time

Imran khan has played master stroke by introducing health card in Punjab.

Last edited:
Ask the poor who have (and will have in next 2-3 months) access to 10 lakhs health treatment in private hospitals .. Health Card is revolutionary and it will bring private hospitals in and around many villages with private sector investing.

440 billion spend by Punjab government on the health card over next 3 years ... name me one government that worked on the health sector before!? And Patwaris claim that nothing is fixed.
this and multiple other things like this will bankrupt us, Terrible populist, election gimmicks

they took out a loan for cash payments for ehsas program
This is absolutely frivolous spending- They don't do this in developed countries for a reason - we are not a rich country to afford this luxury
That ML-1 Chuna- taking out a loan of 9 billion from Chinese (they don't f around with business) for a Passenger rail line when
A- we literally have river system connecting the country- this mode of transportation can developed like Vietnam and Bangladesh
B- For years on end we were building motorways- use it!!

Unfortunately no fiscal responsibility means he is another idiotic politician doing frivolous spending without fiscal responsibility

Personally I think Pervez Musharraf is a better leader than Imran Khan.

If Pervez Musharraf goes with All Pakistan Muslim League, I would vote for him. Atleast he is better than other politicians in Pakistan.

Personally I think Pervez Musharraf is a better leader than Imran Khan.

If Pervez Musharraf goes with All Pakistan Muslim League, I would vote for him. Atleast he is better than other politicians in Pakistan.

Musharaf overall was good but he couldn't do anything about power crises and dam building. He had the luxury to do many things i.e., taking care of internal menace aka political parties but he ended up with NRO.

Anyways, he's suffering from cancer. KHuda khatima bil khair kharay unka.

Musharaf overall was good but he couldn't do anything about power crises and dam building. He had the luxury to do many things i.e., taking care of internal menace aka political parties but he ended up with NRO.

Anyways, he's suffering from cancer. KHuda khatima bil khair kharay unka.
I believe everyone makes mistakes. But I think Pervez Musharraf deserves a second chance. Imran Khan is okay, but seriously...

Ultimately in the absense of a competent alternative - PTI is the least worst choice.

Empty vessels make the loudest noise. There are another 2 years of his govt left. Most of that will be time where spending will increase, growth will increase, and projects will come to fruition.

If inflation is controlled 6 months before the election - people won't remember today.

2019 Jan PTI is Gone
2019 March PTI is gone
2019 June PTI is Gon
"Game is over and Imran is to be blamed for hiring Tarin".
"Put simply, PTI cannot win the next election with Shaukat Tarin as Finance Minister"

Politics is the art of weaving performance and ideology together to tell a story. Contrary to the noise on mainstream media, PTI actually had a decent story to tell on the economy until this year’s budget was presented by Shaukat Tarin. The story goes something like this: Ishaq Dar and PML-N gave a sick Pakistani economy gasping for breath (read dollars) to Asad Umar in the emergency room. Almost instantly, the media and opposition began criticising the PTI government for being incompetent because they weren’t rushing to the IMF. Later, they argued PML-N left the economy in a great shape and PTI messed it up. But why should this government have rushed to the IMF if PML-N left us in such good shape?

I guess one shouldn’t ask such hard questions of the media, lest one be accused of trying to update their software with facts. Yes, the first two years of this government were very hard on Pakistan. But that was because we were paying for the sins of PML-N with painful economic chemotherapy. The primary metastasising cancer was a current account deficit of $20 billion thanks to Ishaq Dar’s fetish for keeping the rupee artificially overvalued versus the dollar. An artificially high rupee meant it was cheaper to import things than to produce them in Pakistan or export goods. Hence, our industry hollowed out, exports actually declined during PML-N’s tenure and imports we couldn’t afford thrived, bringing us to the verge of bankruptcy when PTI took over.

PTI took politically unpopular but wise decisions to correct these sins, including the painful devaluation of the currency. The idea was they would rescue the economy first, then stabilise and then put it on the path to growth. Halfway through stabilisation, Covid-19 hit. Displaying unusual foresight, Imran Khan resisted the elite temptation for a mass lockdown which would hurt the poor. Instead, Ehsaas delivered the largest cash transfer programme to the underprivileged in the history of the country. The State Bank of Pakistan offered concessionary loans to industry and the construction sector was incentivised to fuel job creation.

And viola, large scale manufacturing began growing month after month. Cars and motorcycles were being sold at breakneck speed. Exports began to rebound thanks to the structural correction in the value of the rupee. Cement started flying off shelves. Corporate profits hit record highs. And surely but suddenly, our GDP number began to reflect that underlying growth. And then Shaukat Tarin got greedy.

Let me back up a little: when Covid started, the IMF looked the other way as Pakistan spent more freely on social programmes (Ehsaas) and delayed increases in taxes and electricity tariffs. Earlier this year, the IMF and Hafeez Shaikh wanted to get back on the structural reform bandwagon as the economy was recovering but this is where Shaukat Tarin entered as a knight without shining armour. Instead of rolling out hard decisions slowly, he bet on growth and said “we would grow our way out of our problems”. The IMF wasn’t given much lift by Tarin and a budget was presented that was so feel good that it either felt too good to be true or that early elections were on the cards. Essentially, he bet the house (PTI’s reforms and its narrative) on achieving 1-2% of incremental growth, while using shaky assumptions on commodity/oil pricing.

Shaukat Tarin’s stewardship of the economy is something even Twitter economists could forecast resulting in the Pakistani economy dangerously overheating in terms of current account deficit. Today, our monthly import bills are hitting historical highs, a mini-budget with taxes is coming and IMF’s interventions are being stacked together versus paced out.

Moreover, PTI doesn’t really have a narrative to sell anymore because this isn’t a reform agenda; it’s more of the same (current account deficit can’t be bad if PML-N does it and good if PTI does it). To add to problems, there’s no ideological face like Asad Umar or Hammad Azhar leading the charge, who actually have credibility with PTI’s base. Put simply, PTI cannot win the next election with Shaukat Tarin as Finance Minister. This isn’t because of the opposition or the mainstream media; it’s because PTI’s base isn’t going to buy a nothing burger narrative.

Now he is also patwari.

Some one at sisat.pk posted @Desprado Picture and I believe this picture explains so so much...

ud6i1h5l.jpg

He will loose due to his lies uturns he will neer sea day light in politics

Ultimately in the absense of a competent alternative - PTI is the least worst choice.

Empty vessels make the loudest noise. There are another 2 years of his govt left. Most of that will be time where spending will increase, growth will increase, and projects will come to fruition.

If inflation is controlled 6 months before the election - people won't remember today.
Pervez Musharraf would be the competent alternative to PTI.

There is simply no alternative to Imran Khan... Who are you gonna bring? Bilawal? Maryam? If that is the case Pakistan has to simply nuke itself and die an honorable exit by it's own terms.. There is no alternative to Imran Khan or PTI.. PPP or PML(N) are more dangerouss to Pakistan than any enemy.. I have trust in the military and the ethbalishment
Well said 100% right

Sorry bro, I disagree. I lived through his destroying everything he built by capitulating to black coats and then signing NRO. He's run out of fight.
I respect your opinion. All leaders make mistakes.

Pervez Musharraf and Imran Khan are better than the other politicians. This is where we agree.

I respect your opinion. All leaders make mistakes.

Pervez Musharraf and Imran Khan are better than the other politicians. This is where we agree.

I was a big supporter of Pervez Musharraf. I was a fan of his courageous attempt to take Kargil, I liked how he spoke, he had charisma, was a gun toting, cigar smoking mans, man.

I was left bitterly dissapointed in his his time in govt ended.

Back
Top Bottom