What's new

Imran Khan: We'll implement "Khilafat e Rashida" system in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is this statement different than ANY other politician promising the sky and the sun and the moon and the stars just to get into POWER. Once in power, nothing will change. Sound familiar? :D

Only difference is, we're hoping he breaks this promise at least :D

Or at least as a bear minimum, elicits very clearly what all is included in the Khilafat-e-Rashideen Package.

The problem is then don't say Khilafat-e-Rashida, reason? Because you're making it sound like the epitome of tolerance, freedom of speech, power to the people, while in today's world it means the opposite.
... Who wants to live under such imposed conditions, certainly not human beings.

So if your mental dictionary malfunctions we all should start calling an elephant a chicken or warfighting jihaad?

You questioned all human beings? You left this one out, and that makes your generalization wrong.

Develepero

Ethics mean anythng to you? I know they do and the suspension in this case must be difficult for you, after all you know the issue isnot his privaye life but character

If we wait around for a saint, we'll have a long wait ahead of us. Imran Khan is not perfect, and I feel some of his foreign policy statements are naive, but I don't doubt his sincerety or honesty. I also believe that he is by far the most selfless patriotic person on the current political stage -- a far cry from the self-serving clowns in PMLN, PMLQ and PPP.

I am not sure what is the charge against his character, other than the fact that he parties in the West while promoting Islamic values at home. I see that more as an affirmation that Islam is compatible with modernity and a refutation of the Western propaganda that everything Islamic is medieval and repressive. Our liberal brigade could learn a thing or two from Imran Khan about standing up for Islam instead of always sucking up to the West to appear "progressive".

Where's our PTI brigade? no comment? Imran not a "munafiq" for selling Islam at home and partying in London??

Whats wrong if he wants Khilafat back. Majority in pakistan want khialafat.
2nd thing he may be not the best personal, may not have a good character but atleast he is not corrupt, he is not Zardari, He is not Musharaf or Shareef or Altaf.
He has shown in past that he can deliver on his own alone, hospital and University and work for flood victims speaks for itself.
can anyone tell me If zardari donated a single penny for the flood victims?? or Shareef did??? They are billionoirs, Can anyone tell me their contribution.

Its not about blind favoritism, His past is different from all these above mentioned in regards to Nations betterment work. So i would shurely favor him over all these.

So if your mental dictionary malfunctions we all should start calling an elephant a chicken or warfighting jihaad?

You questioned all human beings? You left this one out, and that makes your generalization wrong.

Buddy, I'm a massive PTI Supporter.

However I won't support any movement that takes away people's freedoms. I think if Imran wants to use the Islam card, it should clearly mention what Islamic thing he would do and what things he won't do.

If his "Islamization" ends at being not corrupt, more power to him. If it covers the usual ban this ban that thing that is associated with Islamic governance then no.

Just throw a little Islam in their for good measure and gain the support of those people who are not afraid to kill, voila, job done.

It's all very good, talking about an uncorrupt, just and progressive society but any realist would tell you that this is going to be a long battle and we cannot look at the past to develop a framework for the future.

While we are at it, why don't we talk about the Indus Valley Civilization and how those times were much better than now, perhaps we can implement the policies from that time. But wait, that was a different time and a times have changed drastically, so much so that governmental policies from a century ago are obsolete.

But here we have people talking about times that no one really knows about apart from what they read in their history books.

I am not sure what is the charge against his character, other than the fact that he parties in the West while promoting Islamic values at home. I see that more as an affirmation that Islam is compatible with modernity and a refutation of the Western propaganda that everything Islamic is medieval and repressive. Our liberal brigade could learn a thing or two from Imran Khan about standing up for Islam instead of always sucking up to the West to appear "progressive

I can't believe you wrote this - it must have been flash of insanity -- really now, we should have hypocrisy an integral element of our character? We should be characterless, tell any particular audience what we think it wants to hear??? Nah, that not what we're ever going to be about, but thanks anyway

for all those Muslims who are against Islam's political Socio econmic system and its revival:

Allama Iqbal: "I have come to understand from Muslim History that at critical moments it is Islam that saved Muslims, and not vica versa"

In fact Imran's familiarity with the West is precisely what makes him a good candidate. He is not some crazy mullah who is going to take us back to the 7th century in the name of Islam. He knows what it takes to coexist in the modern world with other cultures. I believe he will be a moderate who will help devise a modern blend of Islam.

Maybe it is wishful thinking on my part but, given the other choices out there, what alternatives do we have?

IK has also opened up hospitals and has done a lot of charity work, so we should respect his humanitarian effort. What about that for his character? Why focus only on negatives? He may not be perfect but he seems decent.

What about that for his character? Why focus only on negatives? He may not be perfect but he seems decent.

Well.... that's fair, that if there are negatives, there are also positives in his character -- so that takes the issue of character of the table, for now.

IK is not a closet Taliban.I believe if he comes to Government he will crush the extremists.He is a very pragmatic person.Hope becomes Prime Minister one day.

I can't believe you wrote this - it must have been flash of insanity -- really now, we should have hypocrisy an integral element of our character? We should be characterless, tell any particular audience what we think it wants to hear??? Nah, that not what we're ever going to be about, but thanks anyway

What is his hypocrisy? That he drinks? Wow!
Compared to corruption, rampant nepotism and all the other evils out there, this guy's crime is that he drinks and womanizes?

These are private choices that he makes with his own life -- he is not harming anyone else and it's nobody's business.

What is his hypocrisy? That he drinks? Wow!
Compared to

Certainly not - have no issue with his drinking, whoring or anything else that may qualify as his personal appetites -- the issues revolved around his public positions in support of propositions that see these sorts of things not as personal appetites, not as social vices but as sins - surely you can appreciate the difference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom