What's new

Imran Khan: The World Can’t Ignore Kashmir. We Are All in Danger. NY Times

I hope you understand that missile sites are easy to locate as they are fixed in location. They take years to be built and hence it is difficult to get new ones quickly. So, by observing the activity of the past, one can get the sites location.

The real stealth comes from TEL or mobile launchers. But once missiles are launched, Indian surveillance assets will immediately find out exact location of these TEL and launch heavy attack against these before they can launch another missile

I'm not going to go for another circle jerk here. You can believe whatever that media of yours feed you. To you your belief to us ours.

1-he-asked-me-for-mediation-on-kashmir-2-i-will-mediate-for-good-3-sorry-he-is-not-ready-for-mediati-1567535566-2721.jpg

I said the same thing every time- Indian IT industry is geopolitical tool to keep India within the global economy dictated by petrodollar (hence by USA & GCC). It is not something that has precious assets that anyone would fear losing.

It doesnt matter what you think, I have showed in details how much investment word has made into India, which they wouldnt like to go in vain - PERIOD.

Blast is extrapolated on cube root basis. So, 1 megaton bomb is 10 times more range than 1kT bomb. Radiation, heat etc are all insignificant as the people within blast radius if 2km will mostly die. But people farther will mostly survive for 1 MT bomb. The flash blindness is temporary and people will close the eyes out of reflex most of the time immediately and hence damage is limited to temporary blinding only. Heat again , can be withstood by even small covering of cloth. Those within blast radius will anyway die and hence won't matter whether her is there or not.

Hogwash, utter hogwash. We are talking about nukes where and not your "diwali ka pataka".

Even if we consider 1 megaton bomb, which is 80 times larger than the bomb detonated over Hiroshima, people up to 21 km (13 miles) away would experience flash blindness on a clear day, and people up to 85 km (52.8 miles) away would be temporarily blinded on a clear night.

Heat is an issue for those closer to the blast. Mild, first degree burns can occur up to 11 km (6.8 miles) away, and third degree burns - the kind that destroy and blister skin tissue - could affect anyone up to 8 km (5 miles) away.

Third degree burns that cover more than 24 percent of the body will likely be fatal if people don't receive medical care immediately.

The temperatures near the site of the bomb blast during the Hiroshima explosion were estimated to be 300,000 degrees Celsius (540,000 degrees Fahrenheit) - which is 300 times hotter than the temperature bodies are cremated at, so humans were almost instantly reduced to their most basic minerals.

Within a 6-km (3.7-mile) radius of a 1-megaton bomb, blast waves will produce 180 tonnes of force on the walls of all two-storey buildings, and wind speeds of 255 km/h (158 mph).

In a 1-km (0.6-mile) radius, the peak pressure is four times that amount, and wind speeds can reach 756 km/h (470 mph).

Technically, humans can withstand that much pressure, but most people would be killed by falling buildings.

If you somehow survive all of that, there's still the radiation poisoning to deal with - and the nuclear fallout.

1 megaton bomb weighs 1 ton at least if the design is very efficient. Mostly it will weigh more (only USA, Russia are known to have such compact design). So, unless you plan to drop bomb via some c130 plane or transport it via samjhauta express and detonates it in India, it is not practical to lob anything more than 1MT. That it why i speak with confidence that pakistan will use only upto 500-600kT bomb as the missile payload if most Pakistan missile is 1 ton (for India, it is 1.5 ton for Agni-5 & 1 ton for lower range missile like Agni-1, Agni-2)

And why Pakistan will only fire 1 per city? Whats stopping us to drop enough to make sure nothing is left behind?

And why Pakistan will only fire 1 per city? Whats stopping us to drop enough to make sure nothing is left behind?
I never said that Pakistan will drop only 1 bomb. I am only saying that the number of bombs needed to comprehensively destroy a big city like delhi is 100+ bombs of 1 Megaton. So, how many missiles can Pakistan launch at best to destroy all the cities? Moreover, Indian defence and strategic industry is covered with strong reinforcement and also located out of cities. They will survive the bombs. So, even after launching 2000 nuke missiles, Pakistan will not be able to destroy most of the infrastructure. India will have plenty left even after losing 10% of population. Launching even more missiles will be very difficult unless Pakistan does a massive build up which will most likely be pre-empted by India. Pakistan also does not have enough plutonium to produce that many bombs.

Moreover, Indian BMD can stop significant number of the incoming missiles and hence the number of missiles required to destroy good part of Indian infrastructure is in tens of thousands.

Even if we consider 1 megaton bomb, which is 80 times larger than the bomb detonated over Hiroshima, people up to 21 km (13 miles) away would experience flash blindness on a clear day, and people up to 85 km (52.8 miles) away would be temporarily blinded on a clear night.
Flash blindness is just hogwash. These are extremely rare and most of the time temporary and recoverable

Heat is an issue for those closer to the blast. Mild, first degree burns can occur up to 11 km (6.8 miles) away, and third degree burns - the kind that destroy and blister skin tissue - could affect anyone up to 8 km (5 miles) away.
Those close to the blast won't survive the huge blast wave an hence heat is irrelevant. The blast wave will crush people's lungs or make nearby objects hit people. I am saying that blast wave has greater range than heat and hence blast wave is the key factor in destruction
Within a 6-km (3.7-mile) radius of a 1-megaton bomb, blast waves will produce 180 tonnes of force on the walls of all two-storey buildings, and wind speeds of 255 km/h (158 mph).
Most houses are built to withstand 250-300kmph wind as the common cyclone of category 5 has speeds of 300kmph. It is when the speed of wind is higher than 300kmph that there will be problem. This happens closer to blast zone. Wind speed of 1MT bomb is 300kmph at about 6500 feet or 2 km. The 10psi pressure or 258kmph is at 8500 feet o about 2.4km.

In a 1-km (0.6-mile) radius, the peak pressure is four times that amount, and wind speeds can reach 756 km/h (470 mph).

Technically, humans can withstand that much pressure, but most people would be killed by falling buildings.

If you somehow survive all of that, there's still the radiation poisoning to deal with - and the nuclear fallout.
Most buildings in 2km radius will collapse. But that will still be 12sqkm area. Going by population density of Delhi and adding 15% for damage caused outside 2km radius, it will be 1.5lakh people who will die in 1MT bomb. So, 1000 bomb can kill 10 crore people as not all cities have as much population density as delhi. This is further assuming that India will not use BMD to block missiles or will not pre-empt any signs of build up by Pakistan

I never said that Pakistan will drop only 1 bomb. I am only saying that the number of bombs needed to comprehensively destroy a big city like delhi is 100+ bombs of 1 Megaton. So, how many missiles can Pakistan launch at best to destroy all the cities? Moreover, Indian defence and strategic industry is covered with strong reinforcement and also located out of cities. They will survive the bombs. So, even after launching 2000 nuke missiles, Pakistan will not be able to destroy most of the infrastructure. India will have plenty left even after losing 10% of population. Launching even more missiles will be very difficult unless Pakistan does a massive build up which will most likely be pre-empted by India. Pakistan also does not have enough plutonium to produce that many bombs.

Moreover, Indian BMD can stop significant number of the incoming missiles and hence the number of missiles required to destroy good part of Indian infrastructure is in tens of thousands.

1,484 km, thats the covered area of Delhi, even with 1 megaton bomb, people up to 21 km away would experience flash blindness & people up to 85 km away would be temporarily blinded on a clear night. Which means about 15/16 should takecare of whole city, so there goes your logic of 100+ bombs out of the window - Oops, busted again.

Flash blindness is just hogwash. These are extremely rare and most of the time temporary and recoverable

Flash blindness is not hogwash, whats hogwash is you counter argument.

Most houses are built to withstand 250-300kmph wind as the common cyclone of category 5 has speeds of 300kmph. It is when the speed of wind is higher than 300kmph that there will be problem. This happens closer to blast zone. Wind speed of 1MT bomb is 300kmph at about 6500 feet or 2 km. The 10psi pressure or 258kmph is at 8500 feet o about 2.4km.

As I said above, about 16 will be enough to wipe Delhi.

Most buildings in 2km radius will collapse. But that will still be 12sqkm area. Going by population density of Delhi and adding 15% for damage caused outside 2km radius, it will be 1.5lakh people who will die in 1MT bomb. So, 1000 bomb can kill 10 crore people as not all cities have as much population density as delhi. This is further assuming that India will not use BMD to block missiles or will not pre-empt any signs of build up by Pakistan

Once again, all your calculation are out as per what I said above. Also, according to experts, India may fail to defend itself from Pakistani missiles. I will buy their narrative any day (twice on Sunday) over your assumptions.

Read more at:
//economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/52344164.cms?from=mdr&utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...iles-expert/articleshow/52344164.cms?from=mdr

1,484 km, thats the covered area of Delhi, even with 1 megaton bomb, people up to 21 km away would experience flash blindness & people up to 85 km away would be temporarily blinded on a clear night. Which means about 15/16 should takecare of whole city, so there goes your logic of 100+ bombs out of the window - Oops, busted again
Look, flash blindness is not important bit physical destruction is important. People need not keep eyes open for entire duration of blast. People generally close the eyes immediately in 0.1 second if there is bright light. So, flash blindness is completely avoided by simply closing the eye out of reflex.

Once again, all your calculation are out as per what I said above. Also, according to experts, India may fail to defend itself from Pakistani missiles. I will buy their narrative any day (twice on Sunday) over your assumptions
USA itself acknowledged that Indian BMD has advanced to good extent. Secondly, as I said requirement of 100+ missiles to destroy 1 city shows how many missiles are needed in total and hence the total destruction of India is just a myth.

Look, flash blindness is not important bit physical destruction is important. People need not keep eyes open for entire duration of blast. People generally close the eyes immediately in 0.1 second if there is bright light. So, flash blindness is completely avoided by simply closing the eye out of reflex.

USA itself acknowledged that Indian BMD has advanced to good extent. Secondly, as I said requirement of 100+ missiles to destroy 1 city shows how many missiles are needed in total and hence the total destruction of India is just a myth.

I have used solid reference to back my claims about flash of blinding light and heat and how approximately 35 percent of the energy of a nuclear blast is released in the form of thermal radiation. And seeing as thermal radiation travels at approximately the speed of light, the first thing that will hit you is a flash of blinding light and heat. The light itself is enough to cause something called flash blindness - a temporary form of blindness that can last a few minutes. You are not ready to accept, its not my problem.

Secondly you assumption 100+ missiles is totally wrong. I have take Delhi's covered area and 1 megaton bomb and explained all in detail in post #140.

The light itself is enough to cause something called flash blindness - a temporary form of blindness that can last a few minutes.

The flash blindness caused by a nuclear blast can be permanent given its intensity over a pretty wide radius if unlucky enough to be looking at it directly. And no, blinking or closing eyelids is not effective in preventing damage to the retina.

The light itself is enough to cause something called flash blindness - a temporary form of blindness that can last a few minutes. You are not ready to accept, its not my problem

The flash blindness caused by a nuclear blast can be permanent given its intensity over a pretty wide radius if unlucky enough to be looking at it directly. And no, blinking or closing eyelids is not effective in preventing damage to the retina.
Nuclear explosion is not 1 second affair. It lasts about 5-10 seconds. A normal human eye will close in 0.1 second when sudden light comes by reflex reaction. So, the eye will close automatically and hence reduce the intensity of the light.

I don't see how closing the eye won't protect retina! The retina is damaged due to intense light and closing the eyelid reduces the light by at least 100 factor

Nuclear explosion is not 1 second affair. It lasts about 5-10 seconds. A normal human eye will close in 0.1 second when sudden light comes by reflex reaction. So, the eye will close automatically and hence reduce the intensity of the light.

I don't see how closing the eye won't protect retina! The retina is damaged due to intense light and closing the eyelid reduces the light by at least 100 factor

Obviously you have no idea about the flash intensity of a nuclear explosion, or about other associated features. I do. I will leave you to wallow in your ignorance.

This is why I said, you are just clutching at straws and there is not much rational in your argument, because you have no clue about flash intensity of a nuclear explosion. Even @VCheng has same opinion, because he knows.

Back
Top Bottom