What's new

Imran Khan sentenced to 3 years in Jail

Army against nation.

What has army done compared to what Imran has done for the people of Pakistan? Army takes salary from us to defend us. It cant claim to be our ruler. We need to wake up and kick them out of power structure. The power belongs to us.

Its upto you where you stand. With army or with Imran. There are only two sides.

What the heck are you harping on about?

When was the last time you came to Pakistan even?

We are from the middle class, or even upper middle and we feel the pinch.

People who were once buying Aquas and Prius's or Corollas are now resorting to Suzuki Altos or Kia Picantos.

People who went to McDonald's once a week are now resorting to KFC or local chains.

People who went out every night for a drive now drive only when necessary.

In my home, for a single guy the electric bill came out to be 40 friggin thousand rupees.

Our tenants left our place and went to a new one because they couldn't afford the rent.

People I know used to buy a brand new AC, now they buy it either on installement or second hand.

Dude, you have been spewing nonsense over here for so long, and that was regarding IK or PTI and I frankly don't care about that.

You know who the lawyer was for ECP in the Toshakhana case? He was a lawyer in a case I personally know of, and we spent close to 5 lac just to give rishwat to the court clerk of IHC and sessions court to get the date of hearing at it's due time. Another 3 lac in total was spent to get visitation rights in Adiala jail. This wasn't something that was above the legal mandate, this is what the friggin law actually gave us the right for.

The gate security at Adiala sees that you come in a car or a bike or a rickshaw, and then ascertains the bribe rate accordingly. Every week you have to spend close to 10k whenever you visit Adiala. You have to pay a bribe at every different point in Adiala. Kabhi tum gaye ho kisi sarkari daftar?

A woman I know was harrased by the son of a bitch at the gate of Adiala jail, and the prisons department wanted a bribe to register a complaint against him. We knew some people and the case got escalated and the guy got disciplinary proceedings against him, but what about those who don't know anyone or don't have the money for this?

They had a court hearing after 3 weeks, and when they go to the court, they find out that the judge has gone to Lahore for his grandson's birthday party. And then the judges in our glorious country go on a summer break for three months as if they are studying in primary school.

We had to transfer our home from my grandparent's name to my father's, and you know what the lawyer handling it told us? Aap agr 50k upar day dain to file jaldi chal jaye gi. This is a file which is in CDA, the capital of the country. Our family did not because we didn't want this on our conscience aur ham zaleel ho gaye thay dafatron ka chakkar laga laga kar.

I was once eating on my lunch break at the side of the road in my car because it was too hot outside (this is about 5 years back). A police dala came with 2 fat asses in white beard jin ki umar marnay wali ho gayi thi. Those ba$tards had the gall to ask me for chai pani, because my car windows were tinted (all legal), and then they took my name and CNIC and threatened to take me to the police station. (This happened on Margalla road, I was eating a 180 ka roll pratha from hot and spicy). Once I threatened him back and asked him for his belt number, he realized maybe this guy knows someone, so let him go.

You can say whatever you want about Imran Khan or whoever, but at least don't make fun of the people who are getting absolutely fcked by this corruption and and rotten system. And this is just me, and I know I am in a position of privilege in this country.

There are thousands if not millions more who have similar tales.

Get in touch with reality man.

He isn't in London, he has gone to Hull. The judge is in UK for a course on 'Judicial Training on Human Rights and Rule of Law'.

A judge was already deputed for this training, but Dilawar replaced that judge at the last moment as a gift. That's why he was in a hurry to give the verdict too.

Which numbers did he fudge? Can you please tell?

Suzuki Alto and Picanto? Man, you are rich. People cant afford these cars anymore. The economic pinch is real.

Nah. It was not the 'corruption' or the two party rule which was destroying Pakistan. It is myth! Pakistanis standard of living, despite being a 'security state' from day one, and despite the 'corruption', has been going up and up. And that's not even factoring in the cost of the violent rivalry with India which has been draining Pakistan's focus and resources.
You really want to know what is 'corruption' and incompetence then look at Sri Lanka: An island nation with much more literate population, with no internal insurgencies, with no external enemies and yet still defaulted. THAT'S what I can 'corruption' and incompetence. Pakistan has fared far better than them, considering Pakistan's extremely challenging geopolitics.
Also, it is a false narrative that oligarchies destroy a country! In a way, the chokehold of the Republican and the Democratic Party in America is an oligarchy--something Americans have not been able to shake of them despite Ross Perot or Naders. India was basically ruled by the Nehru Dynasty for most of India's history and India still progress. Bangladesh is progressing after they settled the Haseen-Khalida mayhem. What's important is continuities of policies. Focus. There is huge corruption in America and India and BD but there is focus too.
Imran was wrong to focus on 'corruption' and witchhunting. And I believe he wanted to totally eliminate any potential challengers to his rule. Not surprising to those who had known him since his cricketing years. The guy is an absolute dictator.
I think all speeches are about fixing the judicial system of Pakistan. A country where judicial orders come from Rawalpindi...

Suzuki Alto and Picanto? Man, you are rich. People cant afford these cars anymore. The economic pinch is real.

I know, I am in a position of privilege in the country and I know it.

This is what is happening to us, so just imagine what goes on to people who are lower in the strata of society.

1691348708424.png

Aitzaz Ahsan's And Latif Khosa's Important Press Conference On Chairman PTI Arrest​

Chief Justice of Pakistan !
He could not implement his decisions for months, but the Sessions Judge implemented them in one hour.
Wow the justice system...

"Faisal Azfar Alawi,"

1691350375224.png

Last edited:
Good post! I'd add that in a way Imran was right about 'foreign conspiracy' but I believe is not just the America, but also the GCC Arab countries and China who wanted Imran to be gone.
Anchor Haroon Rashid--an Imran fanboi-- is on record to have said that the Establishment made the MQM MNAs sit on 'Thandey Farash' (Cold Floor) after the 2018 elections until the MNAs agreed to support Imran in the Parliament.
The military despised (and maybe still despises) both PPP and Noonies. Imran was tried. He turned out even worse.
While I acknowledge IK made many mistakes in domestic affairs, in international affairs I think IK did well, Turkey absolutely loved IK, I didnt see China having any issues, Saudia/Uae think of Pakistan as boot licker state so they obviously will not be happy with anyone who wants to be independent, Usa also the same, they all think of Pakistan as a puppet state.

While I acknowledge IK made many mistakes in domestic affairs, in international affairs I think IK did well, Turkey absolutely loved IK, I didnt see China having any issues, Saudia/Uae think of Pakistan as boot licker state so they obviously will not be happy with anyone who wants to be independent, Usa also the same, they all think of Pakistan as a puppet state.

I didn't mention Turkey. Turkey is fine with any Pakistani PM. Turkey is a good friend but a minor factor in Pakistan's economy.

But the other three countries/blocks: GCC Arabs, China and USA [and America's rich allies in Europe etc) are deeply involved in Pakistan, one way or another. You should not be surprised to hear what the Chinese thought of Imran Khan as the PM.

As for the GCC Arabs: They are basically Saudi Arabia. Not only Imran's selling the gift watch was almost certainly taken as an insult by the Saudi royalty, but I also heard accounts of Imran offering some booze to MBS, thinking MBS is some 'lose' party guy, which he may have been but the offer was an offence, nonetheless. I am surprised and disappointed that you are whitewashing the Saudi-Pakistan rift under Imran as some 'boot licker' situation. What will it take to convince Imran fanbois/cultists that he not only screwed up domestically but also in international relationships??

When a cocaine snorting person becomes the topmost leader of a country, with assured stay in power by the military, then that person is capable of any kind of stupidity.

PTI wanted Pakistan to default. They made every effort from writing letters to IMF to lobbying politicians in the States to running anti state campaigns on media. That FAILED. Humdulilah.

PTI ruined relations with allied countries like China, U.S, Turkiye, and Saudi Arabia. The current government not only managed to win back confidence, attract investments and ink trade agreements but also forged a strategic alliance with new countries like Russia, Iran, Azerbaijan and Iraq.

PTI attempted to corrupt judiciary and domestic media. Humdulilah that also FAILED.

PTI attempted to create mutiny in the Army doing what India always aspired to do. Humdulilah that also FAILED.

PTI brought terrorism back in the country, freeing 30,000+ terrorists. This too shall be taken care of very soon by the government and establishment like they did back in 2013 by launching Zarb e Azb.

Most importantly no one came out to support PTI on the streets. Clearly the country rejects PTI and its politics.

This government and the Establishment succeeded to keep Pakistan in its auqaat : Beggars can’t be choosers” !

IMG_9880.jpeg

I didn't mention Turkey. Turkey is fine with any Pakistani PM. Turkey is a good friend but a minor factor in Pakistan's economy.

But the other three countries/blocks: GCC Arabs, China and USA [and America's rich allies in Europe etc) are deeply involved in Pakistan, one way or another. You should not be surprised to hear what the Chinese thought of Imran Khan as the PM.

As for the GCC Arabs: They are basically Saudi Arabia. Not only Imran's selling the gift watch was almost certainly taken as an insult by the Saudi royalty, but I also heard accounts of Imran offering some booze to MBS, thinking MBS is some 'lose' party guy, which he may have been but the offer was an offence, nonetheless. I am surprised and disappointed that you are whitewashing the Saudi-Pakistan rift under Imran as some 'boot licker' situation. What will it take to convince Imran fanbois/cultists that he not only screwed up domestically but also in international relationships??

When a cocaine snorting person becomes the topmost leader of a country, with assured stay in power by the military, then that person is capable of any kind of stupidity.
Brother that has always been the case, Usa treating Pakistan as a tissue power and so does Saudi Arabia, atleast admit this. MBS will not fall out with IK due to IK selling his watch, its more to do with Iran, Malaysian summit, OIC etc, but the same Saudi is now hugging Iran. But again I say, this has always been the case, Saudi/Usa treating Pakistan like a tissue paper, read the history so when you have a leader who is thinking of himself to be on the same level as Usa/Saudi then you will have big problems.

Back
Top Bottom