What's new

Imran Khan gives ultimatum on drone strikes

Thank you for those links- but w/ all due respect- I'm afraid its a cheer leading section and no policy papers on specifics on his solutions offered. George Bush had a great " team' too. His great team hoodwinked us into Iraq. His team never had any specifics of the game plan or an exist strategy - just words" we will greeted as liberators" they said. had no clue what to do in its aftermath as evident.

where is imran's Khan's specifics on on any polices - what does a " political solution" entail? spell it out Mr. Khan or anyone who gives you guys slogans when running for office.

giving wrong example; "wrong guy, wrong team (BUSH)"

"Right guy, right team (Mahatir Muhammad)"

anyways operational level strategies can only be developed and tested only if one has power, that is the work of his team, not the leader. understand?
right guy, right team (Imran khan)

one example; "Rooti", when it was being sold for 5-15 ruppess last year, sasta tandon was opened by PTI, they offered rooti for 2 rs, same was done by CM of punjab, what happened ? IK's sasta tandors are still running while CM took money from dep of Okaf.

and common sense demands that vision is just a dream as long as not achieved, if he has never been in power, how can you expect him to show every strategy on a black and white paper?

He says

STOP USING THE INTERNET FROM YOUR OFFICE. :P

no seriiousely, because i cant watch it i asked the question. from the title i can see that he has given ultimatum, but doest he give any further details?

What IK has done:

Won the world cup

Cancer hospital

Namal college

Helping the flood victoms

Providing an example that honesty and character counts

Proof from personal character that corruption and corrupt leadership will not take us anywhere

Message to the nation that we must break away from fear and achieve complete freedom

All of the above has been done without being a prime minister, President, COAS, Governer, Jageerdar, Industrialist or even a billionaire (all has been done with ALLAH's help, hard work and determination).

Stop depending on IK

May be, but there has to be leadership. Who will be the leader ?

Philanthropy and business acumen does not equate to running a country . yet to read ant specifics on policies or policy papers he would enact. just slogans.

what would a blind folded paksitani know

i know more about your politics than what you extremist are fed by Taliban. if you dont know the meaning of voting read it in dictionary and find out the stats about his party.

he got a big problem of..................pffft chuck it ........ i wont waste band width on discourse with you. i tried it a few times earlier. .................

brain fart, by a Pakistan Obsessed Indian

what exactly has imran khan done for pakistan that many pakistanis are always praising him? all the politicians talk big,give these emotional speeches, ect. but what happens at the end? pakistanis are always dissapointed.

stop depending on imran khan and other politicians to bring change. start depending on yourselves. start taking responsibilty for yourselves. this is the only way we can see a progressive and prosperous pakistan.

What exactly did anyone else did for Pakistan that we should praise them, the one who are alive i mean

giving wrong example; "wrong guy, wrong team (BUSH)"

"Right guy, right team (Mahatir Muhammad)"

anyways operational level strategies can only be developed and tested only if one has power, that is the work of his team, not the leader. understand?
right guy, right team (Imran khan)

one example; "Rooti", when it was being sold for 5-15 ruppess last year, sasta tandon was opened by PTI, they offered rooti for 2 rs, same was done by CM of punjab, what happened ? IK's sasta tandors are still running while CM took money from dep of Okaf.

and common sense demands that vision is just a dream as long as not achieved, if he has never been in power, how can you expect him to show every strategy on a black and white paper?

thats a hoot that you need " power" to be able to spell out what the specifics of your policies are. simply amazing- to be so naive. Take a look at our election someday or many others - where candidates running put out policy papers , detail what they are going to do-- not just say ' give me the throne and then I will then detail my rule" . Nobody has to be in power to tell me what they will do- they have to spell it out to earn my vote.

what if Imran is the president and tries the same old tried and failed musharaff " political" solution with the terrorist? what is he going to do on Day 2 , if Plan A fails? and what the hell is plan A? and what about all the other problems within Pakistan- do they vanish because of his " I say " political" solution platform?

why are you so afraid of asking your politicians ' are bhai- can you tell me " how" you going to achieve what you espouse? "

thats a hoot that you need " power" to be able to spell out what the specifics of your policies are. simply amazing- to be so naive. Take a look at our election someday or many others - where candidates running put out policy papers , detail what they are going to do-- not just say ' give me the throne and then I will then detail my rule" . Nobody has to be in power to tell me what they will do- they have to spell it out to earn my vote.

what if Imran is the president and tries the same old tried and failed musharaff " political" solution with the terrorist? what is he going to do on Day 2 , if Plan A fails? and what the hell is plan A? and what about all the other problems within Pakistan- do they vanish because of his " I say " political" solution platform?

why are you so afraid of asking your politicians ' are bhai- can you tell me " how" you going to achieve what you espouse? "

errr.... obama slogan "change we believe in"..... excuse me can you make me understand what he meant by that and show me his black and white plan A, plan B, plan C, whatever you claim is ?

I dont know if you are referring to local elections or presidential elections, as far as presidential elections are concern its a different system to begin with, and I am sure no presidential candidate has given you a 5 year black and white policy paper on their economic policy, foreign policy etc(which you were demanding from PTI) even if they have, show me operational level strategies.

if you have watched talk shows on Pakistani channels, you would know how many times IK has been asked to give solutions to the issues, and he gives the answers. (you agree with it or you dont, thats separate)
I asked you on the first post either to update yourself or stop moving in circles.

While it is good that Imran Khan has been able to galvanise the Nation and for a good cause too, yet, what is the gameplan to ensure:

1. That the blockade can be sustained long enough to make a material difference to the ISAF operations.

2. By marching to Islamabad, what is his aim? To force the current Govt to resign?

3. If the current Govt resigns, then who will fill the void in government in the interim period till a new Govt is elected?

Now, from the current Pakistan Govt's point of view:

1. What is the plan of the current Govt to tide over this huge groundswell?

2. If the Govt orders police or the army to quell the disturbances, will they obey, given that there is a huge support for Imran Khan.

Now, the US Govt.

1. What actions will they take to ensure that American interests in Pakistan is maintained ;

a. During the blockade.

b. Shoring up the current Govt, which has so far ensured that US interests are protected.

c. After the Govt resign under public pressure and the new Govt is formed.

Will the US stop the Drone attacks in the above scenarios?

Has the US any alternate to the 2000 km route through Pakistan?

If they use the Northern route through the Central Asian Republic, can Pakistan influence they to stop allowing the Americans to use the route?

Or can the Taliban be influenced to interdict the Northern Route?

Just wondering since this is the first time the groundswell against the US actions has fructified to some extent.

One advice to Imran bhai: please put your thumb in your mouth and go to sleep. You are good for nothing except playing cricket.

errr.... obama slogan "change we believe in"..... excuse me can you make me understand what he meant by that and show me his black and white plan A, plan B, plan C, whatever you claim is ?

I dont know if you are referring to local elections or presidential elections, as far as presidential elections are concern its a different system to begin with, and I am sure no presidential candidate has given you a 5 year black and white policy paper on their economic policy, foreign policy etc(which you were demanding from PTI) even if they have, show me operational level strategies.

if you have watched talk shows on Pakistani channels, you would know how many times IK has been asked to give solutions to the issues, and he gives the answers. (you agree with it or you dont, thats separate)
I asked you on the first post either to update yourself or stop moving in circles.

should you not read up before asking the question? every politician including Obama had laid out specifics of their vision and had them up on their websites, talked , debated with others prior to attaining " power" . But- I'm made my point - it ain't my countrymen I'm debating to keep it going anymore and so I thank you all for the opportunity to even put forth my comments.

While it is good that Imran Khan has been able to galvanise the Nation and for a good cause too, yet, what is the gameplan to ensure:

1. That the blockade can be sustained long enough to make a material difference to the ISAF operations.

2. By marching to Islamabad, what is his aim? To force the current Govt to resign?

3. If the current Govt resigns, then who will fill the void in government in the interim period till a new Govt is elected?

Now, from the current Pakistan Govt's point of view:

1. What is the plan of the current Govt to tide over this huge groundswell?

2. If the Govt orders police or the army to quell the disturbances, will they obey, given that there is a huge support for Imran Khan.

Now, the US Govt.

1. What actions will they take to ensure that American interests in Pakistan is maintained ;

a. During the blockade.

b. Shoring up the current Govt, which has so far ensured that US interests are protected.

c. After the Govt resign under public pressure and the new Govt is formed.

Will the US stop the Drone attacks in the above scenarios?

Has the US any alternate to the 2000 km route through Pakistan?

If they use the Northern route through the Central Asian Republic, can Pakistan influence they to stop allowing the Americans to use the route?

Or can the Taliban be influenced to interdict the Northern Route?

Just wondering since this is the first time the groundswell against the US actions has fructified to some extent.

your whole thesis is based on resignation of the government which is least likely scenario. but lets assume.

1-when Army blocked NATO supply, it was probably said for fun that "ISAF ran out of toilet papers".
To sustain the blockage is difficult, state police would baton protesters. it would only help PTI be differentiated from status quo parties who pretend to be against drone.

2- by marching towards Isb, is to gain people's attention on the issue, and gain political strength. a true political workers emerges in the process, political parties need issues to keep their organizational machinery active and tested. I dont expect to get a breakthrough but definitely it would help PTI for the next elections.

3- government would either be forced or will cover its full term, lets assume Egypt like situation is created then definitely Army will play a role to settle the issue. maybe intern government is enforced. one thing appears to be sure, that Kiyani is not directly going to play, he likes to move strings.

1- I dont know for sure.

2- thats million dollar question, will army play Egyptian army like role or interfere?, previously in case of CJ, the army asked to cool down the issue. baton charge will take place by police for sure, if not controllable than army will do something about it while staying behind the scene and get some declaration from PM on drone strikes, e.g shot down drones (remember shamsi air base has already been evacuated and its likely that now drones are flying from else place).

1- they have no option but to bargain with Military, and I think Military is putting it on political government to get at least drones stopped through public pressure (by supporting PTI on the issue through its old well established channels, but Im sure IK is not on board)

a- bargain
b- depends how well they would play their cards.
c- if nationalist government by PTI is formed, IK yesterday said I would meet up with Obama and make him understand to change the policy else we will stop by other means.

other routes are not as feasible as this one.

"If they use the Northern route through the Central Asian Republic, can Pakistan influence they to stop allowing the Americans to use the route?"

I am not sure, nor about Talibans, as Afghan talibs are an independent freedom movement in Afghanistan, maybe vulnerability increases by using northern route.

What is with this "amreeki" accent of the newscaster? What happened to the good, old, proper Pakistani angraizi? It just seems out of place and fake (as if they have hired a high school student from the United States to read news).

Am I the only one who thinks this is odd?

One advice to Imran bhai: please put your thumb in your mouth and go to sleep. You are good for nothing except playing cricket.

one free advice too you is stop licking zardari , nawaz shoes and start acting like a true Pakistani.

Back
Top Bottom