What's new

Imran Khan damaged Pakistan cricket: Aamir Sohail

amir sohail is trying to please his masters ........
such a looooooooooooooooser he is ..... he is looking for cheap fame

Amir is partially right, The Ball tempering game has hurt Pak cricket.. Its like allowing cheating in exams.. When you can to tampering, why will you work hard ???

This is one of the reason...

Bowling has not failed Pakistan's cricket - its primarily batsmen. Aamir needs to address his own colleagues.

Amir Sohail = Veena Malik of Cricket :omghaha:
He is talking about Imran to get some media coverage otherwise who talks about him :cheesy:

Amir Sohail = Veena Malik of Cricket :omghaha:
He is talking about Imran to get some media coverage otherwise who talks about him :cheesy:

Amir Sohail is talking through his arse, Imran has done proud to Pakistan by winning the world cup in 1992, and what has Amir achieved through his career?

In the end it was the most pathetic display of batting I have seen from Pakistan, the batsman were either not interested in showing pride for Pakistan or don't have the skills to play good shots even to good balls, like other teams have shown how to bat, Pakistan will have to rethink hard and concentrate on grooming new professional batsman so they can make Pakistan proud once again. The current crop of batsman are simply not good enough. Bowling is still good for Pakistan, its just the batsman have failed miserably.

Imran Khan damaged Pakistan cricket: Aamir Sohail

KARACHI: In the aftermath of the crushing defeat to India, former skipper Aamir Sohail has launched a scathing attack on one of Pakistan's greatest cricketers, Imran Khan, saying the World Cup-winning captain is responsible for the current state of sport in the country.

"I want to say clearly here and for once we must face the truth that Imran is responsible for the state of affairs in our cricket," Sohail said.

With his statement that is clearly a fallout of Pakistan's disastrous campaign in the Champions Trophy in England, where they lost all their three group matches, Sohail left the other two guest on the show -- Zaheer Abbas and Younus Khan -- surprised.

"Imran damaged Pakistan cricket by encouraging our bowlers to tamper with the ball. This has led to a culture where we can't produce good new ball bowlers or quality openers," the 46-year-old former opener told a news channel.

Sohail was retorting to the views expressed by former pacer Shoaib Akhtar, who felt Pakistan "need a dressing room culture where a winning mentality is promoted" and someone like Imran to guide and produce quality players.

The storm was already brewing and Saturday's eight-wicket defeat to arch-rivals India only added to the wounds.

A proven player with 47 Tests and 156 ODIs under his belt, Sohail has worked as a chief selector in the past and was a member of the 1992 World Cup winning squad led by Imran.

Many other former players including Akhtar and Zaheer made it clear that it was time for Kamran Akmal, Imran Farhat, and Shoaib Malik to get the axe.

"Changes have to be made and new players must be brought in and given time to settle down. We have tried the same set of players time and again and they have not delivered in big tournaments," Akhtar said.

However, Younus, who was dropped for the Champions Trophy, felt changing and chopping or pressing the panic button will not solve problems.

Imran Khan damaged Pakistan cricket: Aamir Sohail - The Times of India

Now this is interesting..... Look like time is not good for IK....1st Accident... Lost the election... then now accused on something which he has been praised before....

and now will damage Pakistan through its crack politics.

Lolz he was not that bad. He was a medium pace bowler and was a decent bowler. Look at his records in IDI and specially economy

Mat Inns Balls Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 4w 5w 10
161 160 8129 6332 196 5/27 5/27 32.30 4.67 41.4 3 1 0

Yea dekh kar to kahi nahi lagta ki badi pitai hoti thi :P

I was not taking about overall performances but what i witnessed ..i used to watch him and Srinath opening bowling for india ..sri nath used to maintained good economy lakin prsad sari kasar pouri kar deta ek 2 hours mein aur last k overs mein to achi kahsi pitai k bunda line and length he bhool jahey :D

I'll suggest you to look our last series in India. And take comparison with amir and asif. :yay:
Our new bowlers are more fast, contains more accuracy. You will feel the difference!!
This is the reason Umar gul is out....... Even 150km/h capable mohammad sami is sitting on bench because of less accuracy.....

Umar Gul is out because he went through a knee Surgery in Australia, he is an awesome player.I cant forget his T20 world cup performance where he saved the team not with his bowling but batting.

Imran should give him fitting reply like this...Loud Mouth :omghaha:

Hats off to the bowler. Amir Sohail is a very dumb guy! He should not be allowed near any place that has anything to do with cricket. I am glad this happened and he deserved it for being a cocky guy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally Agree with Amir Sohail on this one....it was Imran Khan who introduced ball tampering. it was rather to swing bowl more and more...but it was taken negatively be westerners.

On all honesty Imran khan has been rightly accused of destroying Pakistan Cricket since he is also the one who started ball tampering.

i disagree with Aamir Sohail here, one can have a political difference with IK, but he was no doubt one of the best cricketer of his era

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom