What's new

Imran Khan challenges Obama to give names of the people killed in Drone

You my dear are discussing the "problem". And we can do so for decades, while consuming vats of tea.

Americans saw the problem in NW, and came up with a solution.

Pakistanis see the same problem, and they want American to stop using the solution. While we refuse to cleanse our owning fing territories. Where are our John Waynes? where? who could go and tame the wild wild west?

Whatever the case may be, you all in particular and Pakistani masses in general are refusing to rally against the Talibilees vermin and kick them out of NW. We have LulBahadurxs, and we have TTP spokesman ehsanlullis raping FATA.

Isn't it time that we pointed our intellectual and real guns at these goons, instead of childishly jumping up and down on drones.

Isn't it utter shame that 180 million Awan and 1 million strong army is utterly Eunuch in front of these vermin? Our bases are attacked, our precious aircrafts are destroyed, our soldiers are killed on daily bases, and we are all hiding under the table shouting at drones?

Mind you that we all should have marched into FATA and kicked these Gulbahadurs and Ehsanullahs out just like the people of benghazi. Now that would have been a show put up by the nation with a backbone. Not like slimy Imran Khan and others who are barking at the wrong tree.

peace,

you claim that drones are effective, I gave you two links, one was about the strategies of the talibans and the other is a research paper that suggests the devastating effects of the drones of civilian population...

if you can understand these two things, you will understand why it was named "The Long War".

now about this peace march, it will create awareness in international community how inhumane, illegal, immoral these drones attacks are proving to be..

There is at least one key error in the BBC report:

"Pakistan is not a zone of armed conflict, unlike neighbouring Afghanistan."

Under UNSCR 1373 Pakistan has the binding sovereign obligation in international law to eliminate terrorists, terror-training camps, terror havens, and terror financing from its territory. Failure to do so - as in N. Wazirstan - nulls Pakistani sovereignty with regards to such matters.

In other words, when it comes to the fight against terrorists North Wazirstan is legally an open battlefield and drone strikes and other activity by U.S. and coaltion forces are legal and proper.

does the US get automatic right to decide where a country A,B,or C has failed to curtail terrorist outfits or there is some procedure that they come through with ?

anyhow, we all know that CIA is operating in Pakistan in full swing, collaborating with GHQ/ISI... here we have jungle's law, but atleast creating awareness in intentional community about the inhumane drones attacks, will help raise the issue of human rights violations internationally so that the strategy may change?

Bhai,

Imran has already said it like several times that he will not allow ANY terrorist attack to originate from Pakistan's soil when in power and in return will not allow any drone attack too. So I fail to see why are you blaming him for not condemning Taliban and their attacks into Afghanistan.
Rafael, very interesting, do you have a link to the comments you are referring to?

Thanks.

Haven't heard anything from him on FCR but will put up an inquiry regarding it. Nonetheless, my point was about him condemning the drone attacks as well as terror attacks on Afghan soil by Talibs.

See my dear friend, our Khalifa Sahib doesn't offer any solution to the lawlessness in Tribal area. This lawlessness is the source of Taliban, drones, kidnapping, drug smuggling and production, illegal arms and other smuggling. Unless we address the root cause, Khalifa Imran cannot stop drones nor he can stop Taliban attacks in Afghanistan.

peace

Yet another "lazy" statement from an "armchair" politician.

He is the biggest known politician who seldom speaks against Islamists and suiciders.

Heck Imran should be the one compiling lists of all those who have died in North Wazirastan to show that `100% were civilians and Americans have not killed any terrorist hiding in NW.

Here is the news about killing of 8 suspected terrorists via drone.

Drone strike kills 8 people in N Waziristan – The Express Tribune

No body has stopped Imran to send in a fact finding mission and prove that none of the terorists were hit.

But Imran would not do that. Instead he will continue asking $tupid questions from Obama.

Oh well. This is what he has to do to score political points.

What a sad state of Pakistani affairs.

peace

You are the most pathetic person I've ever witnessed in my life, on any forum I've been to. Are you serious? What you stated made absolutely no sense. The link you provided are 'suspected' militants, without the names, meaning that the names haven't been given. If I provide a link to you about an article criticizing Obama, would you accept that too?

Seriously, pathetic.

You are the most pathetic person I've ever witnessed in my life, on any forum I've been to. Are you serious? What you stated made absolutely no sense. The link you provided are 'suspected' militants, without the names, meaning that the names haven't been given. If I provide a link to you about an article criticizing Obama, would you accept that too?

Seriously, pathetic.

I have a couple of issues with your response.

1. This response is the epitome of intellectual laziness. Why didn't you check out today's newspapers first?
2. Why personal attacks? Discuss ideas here or attack the person leader I am supporting.

A bit more elaboration on #1. Did you my dear dear dear poster, forget to read the papers today. If so here is the spoon feeding. Happy now? Read the red font for specific names, and read the blue font for total militants killed and no civilian. Now get up and go find Khalifa Imran and ask him why he is criminally quiet about the specific terrorists killed in these strikes. Why?

Two key al Qaeda commanders killed in N Waziristan drone strike | DAWN.COM

NORTH WAZIRISTAN AGENCY: Two key al Qaeda linked operatives, including an operational commander have been killed in Monday’s US drone strike in North Wazirsitan Agency, official sources said.

The al Qaeda linked militants killed in the drone strike have been identified as Abu Kasha Al-Iraqi and Saleh Al-Turki, an intelligence source told Dawn.Com.

Abu Kasha Al-Iraqi, hailing from Iraq, had arrived in North Waziristan Agency in 2001 and had since been one of the key operational commanders of the al Qaeda in North Waziristan tribal region, intelligence officials said.

Taliban sources also confirmed that Abu Kasha and Saleh al-Turki’s funerals were held in Mosaki area of North Waziristan late Monday night.

Local people had reported that six people were killed and two others inured in the US drone attack in North Waziristan’s Mir Ali tehsil on Monday. Security officials, however, had told AFP the attack had killed five militants..

The drone fired two missiles on a suspected al-Qaeda and Taliban compound in Degyan area of Dattakhel along the Pak-Afghan border. Abu Kasha and Saleh Al-Turkey were said to be among the militants killed.

Seriously, pathetic.

on this one i 100% agree with you, trust me just ignore his nonsensical rants his posts are not even worth a reply let alone wasting precious bandwidth time on it

US is a country that has a habit of killing people around the world. It fights useless wars, often always loses them and then opens up another front.

I will not be surprised at all if most of the alleged terrorists are innocent people. These bombings have ruined the lives and economy of the region but you know its US. Its a country that is not accountable to anyone, anywhere. It does not accept any international law.

The terrorism has decreased more because of Pakistani security agencies had conducted a successful SWAT operation during the same time (2009 / 2010) and broke their back. It was a turning point for us IMHO.

Its true that Pakistani offensive in Swat ended the threat of the Swat Taliban, which is another variation of the Taliban. Their aim was to control the territory and expand Taliban influence in that region and Pak Army took back that region but that Radio Mullah is still around.

It was the TTP who were conducting suicide bombings and were holded up in the Waziristan region where the Pakistani Army did not launch any offensive.

Their terrorist campaign was hurt by the Drone campaigns.

here you go

2% who are killed in Drone strikes are terrorist, 98% are INNOCENT CIVILIANS !!

WRONG!.

Its not 2%. 2% are Al Qaeda Leaders that have been killed.

The 98% innocents include the Al Qaeda foot soldiers, Taliban, Taliban foot soldiers, foreign fighters, basically anyone who is unnamed that got killed in a drone strike.

Civilian Casualties:

2004-2007: Between 95 and 107 killed
2008: Between 20 and 32 killed
2009: Between 23 and 27 killed
2010: Between 11 and 16 killed
2011: Between 3 and 9 killed
2012: Zero civilians killed.

Total civilians killed: 152 and 191
Total killed: Between 1877 and 3177

Percentage of killed that are civilians: Between 6% and 8%

And most of those casualties occurred during 2004-2007 when the Drones were much more un-refined, now with percision munition, they have devastated Al Qaeda and Taliban.

The Year of the Drone | NewAmerica.net

WRONG!.

Its not 2%. 2% are Al Qaeda Leaders that have been killed.

The 98% innocents include the Al Qaeda foot soldiers, Taliban, Taliban foot soldiers, foreign fighters, basically anyone who is unnamed that got killed in a drone strike.

Civilian Casualties:

2004-2007: Between 95 and 107 killed
2008: Between 20 and 32 killed
2009: Between 23 and 27 killed
2010: Between 11 and 16 killed
2011: Between 3 and 9 killed
2012: Zero civilians killed.

Total civilians killed: 152 and 191
Total killed: Between 1877 and 3177

Percentage of killed that are civilians: Between 6% and 8%

And most of those casualties occurred during 2004-2007 when the Drones were much more un-refined, now with percision munition, they have devastated Al Qaeda and Taliban.

The Year of the Drone | NewAmerica.net

what I shared was a research paper, not a collection from news items, which suggests "suspected militants" which in most cases are civilians...

let me tell you another thing, even if one civilian is killed due to inaccurate information, that is a Crime anyway...

Do you have the names of the people dead>?

Literally there was no population census in most of the country and the administration or military has no reach on these areas.

And now expecting obama to give names... thats quite funny.

who is operating the drones, our census team?

..... even if one civilian is killed due to inaccurate information, that is a Crime anyway...

Well said.

I wish Khalifa Imran Rehmatullah Elaihe believes in this too, and thus openly states Mullahs and TTP to be criminals.

Back
Top Bottom