What's new

Imran Khan challenges Obama to give names of the people killed in Drone

note how they always use the words 'suspected militants'
According to the Obama administration, any 'male of military age' killed in a drone attack qualifies as a suspected militant.

No personal attacks dear. Simple respectful discussion. I can attack Imran's policies. He is not God. But I won't disrespect you if you are a supporter of his. Promise!

Well TTP base can go to Afghanistan or Mars or better go to hell. My question to you is. Have we cleaned up OUR area to make sure they are daffa door from our country? Have we?

Nobody made FATA the THEETHER, but us,

We shoved the draconian FCR on them for 60 years. Never treated them as equals, never allowed proper police and court system there. Never established the writ of the government, As a result it remained the hotbed of drug smuggling, illegal arms, kidnappings and ransom for 60 damned years. They were all along crying out of good healthcare facilities, education, jobs. But we told them by our actions and the damned FCR, that no you do not deserve any of this. We will build big hospitals and universities in Islamabad, Lahore and Peshawar. But we will not given you any of these.

Then guess what, when we didn't establish our writ the Pakistani writ, then lowly Uzbeks, and coward jihadis from Middle east got in, forced themselves on simpleton guests, married their women, threatened them with overwhelming force, and snatched that territory from Pakistani quom.

And guess what our FATA brothers became THEETHER as you say, while we blabbered Islam Islam.

Oh Bhai sahib, there is still time. Change your tunes. Get rid of FCR, treat FATA brothers as equals, give them health care facilties, new schools, colleges, roads, clean water. And kick the sorry @rses of Talibleeses, Uzbeks, and Arabs out from there.

No FATA lushker can face Talibleesi force. It is time we step in like we did in Swat and provide better governance that they have deserved but lacked for 60 odd years.

Sorry mate. I get emotional when I think about the atrocities being committed by Taliblees quom on our FATA brothers. I get emotional. But no disrespect against you. never.

peace

I agree with every single word of yours and as far as I have read or heard Imran, he advocates more or less the same solution. To give them health, education and infrastructure. Win the tribes over to your side, isolate the Talibs, and then go for a kill. Now tell me isn't it the same thing you have been suggesting?

Drone strikes have devastated Al Qaeda and Taliban Terrorists.

It is the single biggest reason for the drop in terrorist attacks in Pakistan from the peak in 2007-2010.

It almost reads like an economics graph. The rule of economics is as Price goes up demand goes down.

So Drone Strikes went up, Terrorist attacks in Pakistan went down.

Imran Khan is living in a fool's paradise thinking that these TTP and Al Qaeda animals can be negotiated with. If given a chance they will blow him up in a suicide bombing.

Drone strikes have devastated Al Qaeda and Taliban Terrorists.

It is the single biggest reason for the drop in terrorist attacks in Pakistan from the peak in 2007-2010.

It almost reads like an economics graph. The rule of economics is as Price goes up demand goes down.

So Drone Strikes went up, Terrorist attacks in Pakistan went down.

Imran Khan is living in a fool's paradise thinking that these TTP and Al Qaeda animals can be negotiated with. If given a chance they will blow him up in a suicide bombing.

Lol. Bongii mar li fe?

imm.jpg

consistent

Test for consistency..:
Imran Khan delivers ultimatum on drone strikes – The Express Tribune

PESHAWAR:

Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaaf (PTI) Chairman, Imran Khan said on Sunday that if drone strikes inside Pakistan do not stop within 30 days, protesters will block all NATO supply routes across Pakistan.

Khan also warned that protesters will march to Islamabad to force the government to take a stand on the issue if drone strikes continue.

The PTI chairman made the announcement during day two of his party’s sit-in against drone strikes in Peshawar. Thousands of people arrived in the Hayatabad region of Peshawar for the protest.

The Pak-Afghan road which is the main supply route for the NATO troops in neighbouring Afghanistan was totally blocked and no supplies could be delivered on Sunday.

PTI sit-in prompts NATO supplies suspension

The government suspended delivery of supplies on Saturday to North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (Nato) troops in Afghanistan via its land border for three days as the Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) began a sit-in on the supply route over US drone attacks.

However, some sources say that no Nato trucks have been able to enter Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa from Punjab since Friday. “Hundreds of trucks have been sent back in the past two days,” they said.

PTI supporters gathered on the Ring Road for the planned two-day sit-in aiming to block the route used by supply trucks. Imran Khan, leader of the PTI, called the demonstration to protest US drone attacks in the tribal areas, which many feel infringe on the country’s sovereignty and kill civilians.

Organisers said they expected more than 20,000 people to gather locally for the protest, and many more to arrive in the caravan accompanying Khan. The sit-in will take place at the Bagh-e-Naran Chowk, in the Hayatabad neighbourhood of Peshawar.

At a gathering at Jamia Darul Uloom Haqqania in Akora Khattak, Nowshera – a well-known madrassah – Imran Khan lashed out against US policies in Afghanistan.

“They (the US) are losing the war – they can never win it,” said Khan, while addressing the seminary’s students.

The sit-in is the first public mobilisation campaign against the continuing drone attacks in the tribal districts of the country, where a relentless campaign by the United States military has killed 1,968 people since 2006, according to The Long War Journal, a website maintained by a Washington-based think tank that keeps track of the US military’s campaign against terrorism.

The PTI chief, with his populist message against the drone strikes, has been welcomed in Nowshera. The party’s posters and banners against the drone strikes were prominently displayed throughout Peshawar.

In his speech at the seminary, Khan also spoke out against the current administration in harsh terms, saying that: “Pakistan rulers have sold its citizens’ blood to the United States and its allies in exchange for dollars.”

“Jihad is mandatory and jihad against oppression and injustice will continue,” Khan said.

Several political parties have announced their support for the rally. Activists from the Jamaat Islami (JI), the Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam (JUI-F), the Pakistan Muslim League Quaid (PML-Q), the Pakistan Peoples Party Sherpao (PPP-S) have announced their support for the rally, as well as traders and lawyers groups.
Most supplies and equipment required by coalition troops in Afghanistan are shipped through Pakistan, although US troops increasingly use alternative routes through Central Asia. Additional reporting by AFP

Did he block NATO supplies then..?Even now if he wanted,he can orgnise a massive civilian non violent blockage of NATO supplies until USA promise to halt drone strikes pemanently..

I would like to see a source for this claim.

2004: 8 Suicide bombings and 1 Drone Strike
2005: 4 Suicide bombings and 3 Drone Strikes
2006: 9 Suicide bombings and 2 Drone Strikes
2007: 57 Suicide bombings and 4 Drone Strikes
2008: 61 Suicide bombings and 36 Drone Strikes
2009: 90 Suicide bombings and 54 Drone Strikes
2010: 58 Suicide bombings and 122 Drone Strikes
2011: 44 Suicide bombings and 72 Drone Strikes
2012: 20 Suicide bombings and 36 Drone Strikes

Suicide Bombing in Pakistan | PakistanBodyCount.org

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drone_attacks_in_Pakistan

As you can see the bloodiest year was 2009 when 90 suicide bombings occurred. In 2010, US launched the largest number of drone strikes at 122. That almost halved the number of suicide bombings and the following year to 58. And the trend continues.

But the turning point occurred in 2009 and 2010.

Drone attacks in Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As you can see the bloodiest year was 2009 when 90 suicide bombings occurred. In 2010, US launched the largest number of drone strikes at 122. That almost halved the number of suicide bombings and the following year to 58. And the trend continues.

The terrorism has decreased more because of Pakistani security agencies had conducted a successful SWAT operation during the same time (2009 / 2010) and broke their back. It was a turning point for us IMHO.

How can you prove that drones attacks are the reason for less suicide attacks?

It could be due to better policing, strenghtening Lashkars, more checkpoints.

Can you also provide the stats for the civilians joining the taliban due to drone strikes?

Trying to analyze guerilla warefare in the span of a couple years is naive at best.

The PA's ground operations were a major success in swat compared to the drone strikes which are a hit and miss, and end up to strengthen the enemies cause.

Drone attacks in Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

here you go

2% who are killed in Drone strikes are terrorist, 98% are INNOCENT CIVILIANS !!

Outrage at CIA's deadly 'double tap' drone attacks

Report claims just one in fifty victims of 'surgical' US strikes in Pakistan are known militants. Jerome Taylor reports on a deadly new strategy

Late in the evening on 6 June this year an unmanned drone was flying high above the Pakistani village of Datta Khel in north Waziristan.

The buzz emitted by America's fleet of Predators and Reapers are a familiar sound for the inhabitants of the dusty hamlet, which lies next to a riverbed close to Pakistan's border with Afghanistan and is a stronghold for the Taliban commander Hafiz Gul Bahadur.

As the drone circled it let off the first of its Hellfire missiles, slamming into a small house and reducing it to rubble. When residents rushed to the scene of the attack to see if they could help they were struck again.

According to reports at the time, three local rescuers were killed by a second missile whilst a further strike killed another three people five minutes later. In all, somewhere between 17 and 24 people are thought to have been killed in the attack.

The Datta Khel assault was just one of the more than 345 strikes that have hit Pakistan's tribal areas in the past eight years but it reveals an increasingly common tactic now being used in America's covert drone wars – the "double-tap" strike.

More and more, while the overall frequency of strikes has fallen since a Nato attack in 2011 killed 24 Pakistani soldiers and strained US-Pakistan relations, initial strikes are now followed up by further missiles in a tactic which lawyers and campaigners say is killing an even greater number of civilians. The tactic has cast such a shadow of fear over strike zones that rescuers often wait for hours before daring to visit the scene of an attack.

"These strikes are becoming much more common," Mirza Shahzad Akbar, a Pakistani lawyer who represents victims of drone strikes, told The Independent. "In the past it used to be a one-off, every now and then. Now almost every other attack is a double tap. There is no justification for it."

The expansive use of "double-tap" drone strikes is just one of a number of more recent phenomena in the covert war run by the US against violent Islamists that has been documented in a new report by legal experts at Stanford and New York University.

The product of nine months' research and more than 130 interviews, it is one of the most exhaustive attempts by academics to understand – and evaluate – Washington's drone wars. And their verdict is damning.

Throughout the 146-page report, which is released today, the authors condemn drone strikes for their ineffectiveness.

Despite assurances the attacks are "surgical", researchers found barely 2 per cent of their victims are known militants and that the idea that the strikes make the world a safer place for the US is "ambiguous at best."

Researchers added that traumatic effects of the strikes go far beyond fatalities, psychologically battering a population which lives under the daily threat of annihilation from the air, and ruining the local economy.

They conclude by calling on Washington completely to reassess its drone-strike programme or risk alienating the very people they hope to win over. They also observe that the strikes set worrying precedents for extra-judicial killings at a time when many nations are building up their unmanned weapon arsenals.

The Obama administration is unlikely to heed their demands given the zeal with which America has expanded its drone programme over the past two years. Reapers and Predators are now active over the skies of Somalia and Yemen as well as Pakistan and – less covertly – Afghanistan.

But campaigners like Mr Akbar hope the Stanford/New York University research may start to make an impact on the American public.

"It's an important piece of work," he said. "No one in the US wants to listen to a Pakistani lawyer saying these strikes are wrong. But they might listen to American academics."

Reprieve, the charity which is trying to challenge drone strikes in the British, Pakistani and American courts, said the report detailed how the fallout from the extra-judicial strikes must be measured in terms of more than deaths and injuries alone.

"An entire region is being terrorised by the constant threat of death from the skies," said Reprieve's director, Clive Stafford Smith.

"Their way of life is collapsing: kids are too terrified to go to school, adults are afraid to attend weddings, funerals, business meeting or anything that involves gathering in groups."

Some of the most harrowing personal testimonies involve those who have witnessed "double-tap" strikes.

Researchers said people in Waziristan – the tribal area where most of the strikes take place – are "acutely aware of reports of the practice of follow-up strikes", and explained that the secondary strikes have discouraged ordinary civilians from coming to one another's rescue.

One interviewee, describing a strike on his in-laws' home, said a follow-up missile killed would-be rescuers. "Other people came to check what had happened; they were looking for the children in the beds and then a second drone strike hit those people."

A father of four, who lost one of his legs in a drone strike, admitted: "We and other people are so scared of drone attacks now that when there is a drone strike, for two or three hours nobody goes close to [the location of the strike]. We don't know who [the victims] are, whether they are young or old, because we try to be safe."

Outrage at CIA's deadly 'double tap' drone attacks - Americas - World - The Independent

TESTIMONIES

"The villagers brought us the news."

Khairullah Jan, whose brother was killed in a drone attack.

"I was ... going to my house. That's when I heard a drone strike and I felt something in my heart. I thought something had happened, but we didn't get to know until the next day. That's when all the villagers came and brought us news that [my brother] had been [killed]... I was drinking tea when I found out. [My] entire family was there."

"My father's body was scattered in pieces."

Waleed Shiraz, who was studying for a BA before he was injured by a strike.

"My father was asleep … and I was studying near by … [When we got hit], [my] father's body was scattered in pieces and he died immediately, but I was unconscious for three to four days … [Since then], I am disabled. My legs have become so weak and skinny that I am not able to walk."

"Children, women, they are all affected."

Firoz Ali Khan, a shopkeeper in the town of Miranshah.

"I have been seeing drones since the first one appeared about four to five years ago … [We see drones] hovering [24 hours a day but] we don't know when they will strike … People are afraid of dying … Children, women, they are all psychologically affected. They look at the sky to see if there are drones… [They] make such a noise that everyone is scared."

P.S. I dont think so your correlation makes any sense at all... and its not a one liner equation..

I agree that its been CIA that was able to break through but now we require to change our strategy, we are to live here not the Americans !!

The US campaign of drone strikes in Pakistan’s northwestern tribal belt is terrorising civilians 24 hours a day and breeding bitter anti-American sentiment, researchers said Tuesday.

Drones

Drones in Pakistan traumatise civilians, US report says

BBC News - Drones in Pakistan traumatise civilians, US report says

this is from the report Living under Drones ...
There is at least one key error in the BBC report:

"Pakistan is not a zone of armed conflict, unlike neighbouring Afghanistan."

Under UNSCR 1373 Pakistan has the binding sovereign obligation in international law to eliminate terrorists, terror-training camps, terror havens, and terror financing from its territory. Failure to do so - as in N. Wazirstan - nulls Pakistani sovereignty with regards to such matters.

In other words, when it comes to the fight against terrorists North Wazirstan is legally an open battlefield and drone strikes and other activity by U.S. and coaltion forces are legal and proper.

here you go

2% who are killed in Drone strikes are terrorist, 98% are INNOCENT CIVILIANS !!

You my dear are discussing the "problem". And we can do so for decades, while consuming vats of tea.

Americans saw the problem in NW, and came up with a solution.

Pakistanis see the same problem, and they want American to stop using the solution. While we refuse to cleanse our owning fing territories. Where are our John Waynes? where? who could go and tame the wild wild west?

Whatever the case may be, you all in particular and Pakistani masses in general are refusing to rally against the Talibilees vermin and kick them out of NW. We have LulBahadurxs, and we have TTP spokesman ehsanlullis raping FATA.

Isn't it time that we pointed our intellectual and real guns at these goons, instead of childishly jumping up and down on drones.

Isn't it utter shame that 180 million Awan and 1 million strong army is utterly Eunuch in front of these vermin? Our bases are attacked, our precious aircrafts are destroyed, our soldiers are killed on daily bases, and we are all hiding under the table shouting at drones?

Mind you that we all should have marched into FATA and kicked these Gulbahadurs and Ehsanullahs out just like the people of benghazi. Now that would have been a show put up by the nation with a backbone. Not like slimy Imran Khan and others who are barking at the wrong tree.

peace,

I agree with every single word of yours and as far as I have read or heard Imran, he advocates more or less the same solution. To give them health, education and infrastructure. Win the tribes over to your side, isolate the Talibs, and then go for a kill. Now tell me isn't it the same thing you have been suggesting?

Thank you.

No he doesn't want to repeal FCR.

He talks about amending FCR, but he wants to keep this yoke on tribals. This is wrong on Imran's part.

FCR must go, and be replaced with regular government structure that is common to the rest of Pakistan. Yes it is not perfect, but even in its deeply flawed form, helps keep the likes of Talib vermin in check.

peace

Thank you.

No he doesn't want to repeal FCR.

He talks about amending FCR, but he wants to keep this yoke on tribals. This is wrong on Imran's part.

FCR must go, and be replaced with regular government structure that is common to the rest of Pakistan. Yes it is not perfect, but even in its deeply flawed form, helps keep the likes of Talib vermin in check.

peace

Haven't heard anything from him on FCR but will put up an inquiry regarding it. Nonetheless, my point was about him condemning the drone attacks as well as terror attacks on Afghan soil by Talibs.

Back
Top Bottom