What's new

Imran Khan campaigns for Zac Goldsmith against Pakistan Origin Sadiq Khan?

should pakistani politicians be campaigning in british election? What if brits do the same, will pakistanis accept that?

I think sadiq will win this election. Labour has made significant gains in many london boroughes.
Sadiq is smart politician, well spoken, so 'brown muslim' wont really stick, and many white people will most likely vote him.
zac is an unknown face, people vote for face not party in mayoral election.

Thats the weird part. A Pakistani citizen campaigning in British election. No doubt if a British were to do that in Pakistan, he or she would have been nationalized as an evil and shot within no time by miscreants.

Last edited:
Patwari should be ashamed of their misleading propaganda against Imran Khan.
These patwari don't see that an acting prime minister is hiding in UK using tax payer money for shopping and lobbying
to save his illegitimate government

Thats the weird part. A Pakistani citizen campaigning in British election. No doubt if a British were to do that in Pakistan, he or she would have been nationalized as an evil and shot within no time by miscreants.

If Zack can get endorsement from a leading figure (Credible one, one that does not have assets in offshore panama office) from Pakistan why not ?

The folks living in UK are open society same as in USA or else where , that is how it should work

Pakistan does not have a "FUNCTIONAL" democracy never had , we just had this Ethnic brand of communal grouping run by private Gathering , where a head of family is the ruler of the nation.

It is quite common for politicians to reach out famous social workers or players or politicians with credible history to endorse them , like folks would get recommendation from Nelson mendela etc

Last edited:
For anyone supporting IK here, he backs Zac not for any reason besides that Zac is Imran Khan's ex brother in law (he is Jemima's brother). Their ideologies are totally different.

there is no legal obstacle.. I know either in Uk or pakistan,
I was asking whether its okey to do, and whether pakistanis would like if a british politician campaigns in their domestic election... I am guessing you wont mind at all :)

:) well at personal level if a British politician in his personal capacity wants to support any candidate in Pakistan well that is fine for me.

But I don't see that coming since there is hardly any Pakistani British but there are hundreds of British Pakistanis :)

For anyone supporting IK here, he backs Zac not for any reason besides that Zac is Imran Khan's ex brother in law (he is Jemima's brother). Their ideologies are totally different.

The story goes that Zack had endorsed Imran Khan's political campaign in past so Imran Khan was sending his reciprocal support for now supporting Zack's campaign.

*Not sure 100% if it was his political or social campaign for Hospital etc but Imran was grateful I
heard it some where on TV or something like that

Both Zack and Jemima's are active in social work circles so I imagine Imran was well aware who he was endorsing

Endorsement is more less , saying I think the person is dependable and honest

It does not mean you have to vote 100% for the person that is something you should decide on your own term

Last edited:
@hinduguy , IK is a popular personality in the UK. IK has campaigned for Zac before and they are quite old-friends. No wonder Zac would use him to campaign, i don't see anything wrong in it. I don't think the general public in the UK would have a problem with the whole campaigning and all.
Point scoring gone completely wrong:sick:. They are civilized people, they don't go around shooting people they politically oppose. Quite swift to edit your post...

Pakistani people(or PMLN folks) shouldn't complain about IK standing with a gora and supporting him. Best candidate should win regardless of his race and etc, etc.

@waz ,@niaz , thoughts? who are you voting for?

Last edited:
The story goes that Zack had endorsed Imran Khan's political campaign in past so Imran Khan was sending his reciprocal support for now supporting Zack's campaign.

Exactly my point, there's no ideological crossover between the two. IK works to remove the political class and elite of Pakistan from power, and IK also works to help Zac of that same class in the UK. And what IK's policy positions are and his ideology are totally different to Zac's.

Like I said, their history and personal connections are the only reason for this endorsement.

[Qoute]
should pakistani politicians be campaigning in british election? What if brits do the same, will pakistanis accept that?

I think sadiq will win this election. Labour has made significant gains in many london boroughes.
Sadiq is smart politician, well spoken, so 'brown muslim' wont really stick, and many white people will most likely vote him.
zac is an unknown face, people vote for face not party in mayoral election.
[/Qoute]

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/imran-kh...origin-sadiq-khan.427177/page-2#ixzz464y5OyHq

The folks living in UK are open society same as in USA or else where , that is how it should work

Pakistan does not have a "FUNCTIONAL" democracy never had , we just had this Ethnic brand of communal grouping run by private Gathering , where a head of family is the ruler of the nation.

@hinduguy , IK is a popular personality in the UK and quite well-known. IK has campaigned for Zac before and they are quite old-friends. No wonder Zac would use him to campaign, i don't see anything wrong in it. I don't think the general public in the UK would have a problem with the whole campaigning and all.

Point scoring gone completely wrong:sick:. They are civilized people, they don't go around shooting people they politically oppose. Quite swift to edit your post...

Pakistani people(or PMLN folks) shouldn't complain about IK standing with a gora and supporting him. Best candidate should win regardless of his race and etc, etc.

We don't need Western Democracy and the way we are trying to implement it, isn't working. 1. We are not tolerant, 2. There is lust for power 3. corruption. My suggestion is we look back to the past. The Islamic system before extremism, monarchies, feudalism, and colonial rules, was working effectively. I don't know what it was but need to go back many hundreds of years to find out.

To your other point. I gave my unbiased opinion in my last posts between Zac and Sadiq on page 1. Feel free to read and comment on my arguments.

Last edited:
Pakistan is not a state. Most Pakistanis are pathetic just like Imran.
Ask any indian and Bangladeshis. They are proud nationalist.

Supporter of Imran are same like bhutto and nawaza.
Blind idiot.
Slave mentality of Pakistan.
Britishers and Afghanis and Persians ruled this land and filled their mind full of cocaine.

@hinduguy , IK is a popular personality in the UK and quite well-known. IK has campaigned for Zac before and they are quite old-friends. No wonder Zac would use him to campaign, i don't see anything wrong in it. I don't think the general public in the UK would have a problem with the whole campaigning and all.

I too dont think british public have any issues, IK is not a well known personality in UK, sorry to surprise you. He has got fan following(as politician) in pakistani crowd only and zac will use him to neutralize sadiq's appeal.

Well I support Imran's political views and also find he rarely gives endorsements unless he knows the character or the person he is supporting is genuine

Normally I don't trust lawyers (My own personal bias)

However , if it was election time I would have studied the proposal as the main deciding factor
as sometimes helping corporations save on tax , does creates more jobs sometimes it backfires

Just becasue , Sadiq Khan is Pakistani does not necessarily mean I would vote for him unless he has a legit plan , and promise (Documented on a manifesto) , nor do I care what cases he fought for etc as it does not concern me

However to give also him some credit being a minority in UK and be in contention for a role for London mayor is a remarkable achivement in itself

London is the "The place" , and it is great achivement for Mr Sadiq just to be in this position

Last edited:
Well when Pakistanis are Living overseas (educated one) we don't vote based on our ethnicity we vote based on agenda and proposal presented.

Ethnic line voting and identify is a very Pakistani thing that ends the moment we fly out of the airport

So perhaps the overall package presented by Goldsmith was more appropriate hardly any difficult task to understand. (Not that anyone is following any election)

Similar to perhaps in US election every one supports a particular country but folks vote along the lines of damage control

true but a person who aspire to become PM of Pakistan and who profess the unity of Pakistanis and collect donations from Pakistanis should stand with a Pakistani, it was Pakistan who made him famous not Goldsmith. You logic could also be used properly with Nawaz sharif family's off shore accounts, as soon as you fly out of Pakistani airport Pakistani laws dont apply to them, they can do money laundering within the legal framework of the host country.

*Not sure 100% if it was his political or social campaign for Hospital etc but Imran was grateful I
heard it some where on TV or something like that

Both Zack and Jemima's are active in social work circles so I imagine Imran was well aware who he was endorsing

Endorsement is more less , saying I think the person is dependable and honest

It does not mean you have to vote 100% for the person that is something you should decide on your own term

But then according to people who support PTI, he is a man of 'principles' and 'vision' and he doesn't compromise. I guess Sharifs are bad guys because its conflicting to become Prime Minister and Goldsmiths are good guys since they have the money and apparently because they are taking care of his kids.

Back
Top Bottom