What's new

Imran fears North Waziristan operation will be ‘suicidal'

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
5399c8d9d91d9.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Reiterating his party’s stance on peace talks with militants, Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan on Thursday said that an offensive in North Waziristan would unite militant forces against the Pakistani state.

"Conducting such a military operation when most of the groups in NWA want talks is suicidal," Imran said in a statement, adding that most groups in North Waziristan desire peace talks with the government.

He also criticised the US Congress' move to link aid to a military offensive in North Waziristan, terming the move as an effort by the US to “purchase” the government’s favour to carry out a military operation in the tribal region.

“The government must reject this US move and inform the national political leadership of the status of the dialogue mandated by the APC,” urged the PTI chief.

“The government must ensure that those seeking dialogue are separated from those continuing to carry out acts of terror and to isolate the latter so action can be taken against them,” he added.

Khan said that if a military operation is to be conducted, the government “must first explain what happened to the dialogue”.

“It must also ensure that all civilians are evacuated from the area of the operation,” said the PTI chairman.

Earlier, PTI leader Shireen Mazari condemned the recent US drone strikes in North Waziristan that killed a key Haqqani network commander along with members of the Afghan Taliban.

Imran fears North Waziristan operation will be ‘suicidal' - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Ignore the rhetoric, he does have a point. TTP is in disarray due to the lure of peace talks, splits, infighting, assasinations and ultimaitums are flying around.

They mounted the Karachi attack to attain unity and to bait the govt to attack NW. This is what THEY want because this is whats needed to mend thei internal ruptures.

We do need to carry out the operation but FIRST against the sleeper cells in Karachi, Punjab and KPK. We need to supress their ability to mount a wave of terror in urban centers BEFORE an operation takes place.

@Irfan Baloch ,@Icarus , pls elaborate further.

Ok - we must allow factions, those who oppose negotiations with government, to carry out terrorists activities... Doesn't matter how many people die.

Khan said that if a military operation is to be conducted, the government “must first explain what happened to the dialogue”.

Does he still think dialogue is an option on TTP's table? Dialogue, my foot.. No, none of you politicians deserve any explanation..

Ignore the rhetoric, he does have a point. TTP is in disarray due to the lure of peace talks, splits, infighting, assasinations and ultimaitums are flying around.

They mounted the Karachi attack to attain unity and to bait the govt to attack NW. This is what THEY want because this is whats needed to mend thei internal ruptures.

We do need to carry out the operation but FIRST against the sleeper cells in Karachi, Punjab and KPK. We need to supress their ability to mount a wave of terror in urban centers BEFORE an operation takes place.

Aeronaut..
Honestly speaking.. Mr.Khan's statement has seriously disappointed me...we have million times tried to settle peace talk with such outfit.
I strongly believe that we must carry ops against those terrorists groups which are desperate to see our skills.
Two groups have taken responsibility at a time:
1)TTP
2)Uzbuk organization

This proves that how TTP is using/sharing power with other organizations.
Trust me,we must launch decisive operation against TTP....if we succeed in destroying this franchise organization..then we are breaking the converging point.Destroying TTP means that we are destroying central platform to which all such other terrorist organizations are connected.
I respect Mr.Khan a lot..and I am waiting for the day when he will align his strategy with required orientation.
Regards

Last edited:
Peace talks have achieve their target , there is nothing more they can do , we have successfully separated TTP into 3 factions(Not the result of peace talk but they were the Final Nail in the coffin) , One that want's to Fight One that Does not want to Fight & one that is still deciding what to do and waiting for gov to show their cards .

Those who do not want to fight Gov mainly mehsud's who have had enough of carnage and bloodshed , they will not join TTP back under Mullah FM's command , and will give gov full co-operation if the operation if launched , you might see Gul bahadur type deal with Sajna .

Those who are on the payroll of Hostile Intel's , will never stop fighting , unless they are eliminated , it is not their ideology but their Job they get paid for it(their top leadership ) , so dialogue here is useless no matter how hard you try , so Operation is necessary for them .

The Third faction on the other hand is the trickiest one , Given the right amount of pressure & incentive they might want to remain neutral or want to Join the Gov side ( and no i am not talking about negotiations ) , work on that is going on .

Mr Khan only sees one side of the coin , he does not have the ability to look at the both sides , which is good and bad at the same time . he needs to learn when to say what .

Last edited:
Aeronaut..
Honestly speaking.. Mr.Khan's statement has seriously disappointed me...we have million times tried to settle peace talk with such outfit.
I believe strongly that we must carry ops against those terrorists groups which are desperate to see our skills.
Two groups has taken the responsibility at a time:
1)TTP
2)Uzbuk organization

This proves that how TTP is using/sharing power with other organizations.
Trust me,we must launch decisive operation against TTP....if we succeed in destroying this franchise organization..then we are breaking the converging point.Destroying TTP means that we are destroying central platform to which all such other terrorist organizations are connected.
I respect Mr.Khan a lot..and I am waiting for the day when he will align his strategy with required orientation.
Regards

I care not about IK.

* We must think tactically.
* Bleed off time from ttp's expected retaliation projections
* Surgically attack the urban sleeper cells.
* Reduce their ability to mount revenge attacks.
* Track down and dismantle their logistical apparatus in the urban areas.
* Then we can contemplate an attack on them in NW.

Isolate,Engineer,Destroy!

Last edited:

Good luck routing out the sleeper cells, a task no country can achieve. IK is a retard. End of.

Such disappointment.

Thanks for your input Imran but how do you propose we destroy the Uzbek militants, hordes of other foreign fighters and the Fazullah TTP? Negations will not work with them.

The bottom line is. Let the forces slaughter them and tell the ones who want peace to either stay out of the way or evacuate. That's not hard for them to understand and lessens the risk of any innocent deaths. Many have already left.

The ones who stay and fight with them face the same fate as the ones who let their land be pimped out to Kwarij outsiders.

In a time where need to muster all the political will we possibly can to secure our western border, we have this idiot here draining it for his own political gains. Foolish man.

Damn this impudent man for his cowardice behavior. The foolish man needs a reality check that you can't negotiate with animals.

War will always bring more violence, death and destruction.. pakistan wont be left alone, especially in new international development, if some Uzbek organization with their jahil londas can breach into our airport security, then we are vulnerable, not because these militants are capable enough, but their handlers know how to use them... see whats going on syria, iraq, libya etc,

we should be very careful in our moves, not emotional or reactionary but rational.. like a saying goes in war zone, when fire comes from unknown place, the officer in command doesnot reply randomly, they wait, its called thanda kar kay khao..

we have 150000 army involved in Tribal areas and 90000 on eastern border... if the external factors are waiting for us to get into their bait, believe me Imran Khan is damn right... already he has warned of the fact that Tribal preferring to go to Afghanistan and be refugees than to be IDPs in their own country.. and this only means endless supplies of militants to Pakistan's enemies who are waiting to avail this opportunity !

so we ought to be sensible here.

He knows all hell will break loose in punjab .. imagine those millions of trained LET militants some estimates say they are in millions and operating against TTP / Extremists will obviously piss them off and attack will intensify against targets in Punjab thats what ganja's and imran khans problem's are ... they know wont be able to sleep in peace any more

I am waiting for the day when he will align his strategy with required orientation.
Regards

Believe me he will never say ... He is a vision-less leader who don't know real destination to go ..........

War will always bring more violence, death and destruction.. pakistan wont be left alone, especially in new international development, if some Uzbek organization with their jahil londas can breach into our airport security, then we are vulnerable, not because these militants are capable enough, but their handlers know how to use them... see whats going on syria, iraq, libya etc,

we should be very careful in our moves, not emotional or reactionary but rational.. like a saying goes in war zone, when fire comes from unknown place, the officer in command doesnot reply randomly, they wait, its called thanda kar kay khao..

we have 150000 army involved in Tribal areas and 90000 on eastern border... if the external factors are waiting for us to get into their bait, believe me Imran Khan is damn right... already he has warned of the fact that Tribal preferring to go to Afghanistan and be refugees than to be IDPs in their own country.. and this only means endless supplies of militants to Pakistan's enemies who are waiting to avail this opportunity !

so we ought to be sensible here.
I think those with 40+ years of combat experience might know slightly more then Mr Khan . who is Ironically nothing but a contradiction to his own words . One day he say's we support military operation next day he says Nawww screw that lets talk , next day TTP attack & he is again ready for operation again ..

For him there is a saying in Punjabi

100 Chitter b Kha lenay hain or 100 Pyaz B .

Back
Top Bottom