What's new

Imran Abbas, Humayun Saeed & Hareem Farooq Are The Reason Indian Film Festival in Australia Got Canc

Zibago

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
imran-abbas-humayun-saeed-hareem-farooq.jpg

CELEBS
Imran Abbas, Humayun Saeed & Hareem Farooq Are The Reason Indian Film Festival in Australia Got Cancelled
Bismah Ahmed 9 mins ago
Several Pakistani celebrities including Humayun Saeed, Imran Abbas, Hareem Farooq, Ali Azmat and former Pakistani Censor Board chief Fakhr Alam we all set to attend the Indian Film Festival and Awards of Australia (IFFAA) in Australia.

However, tragedy struck when the much-anticipated event got canceled! Why, you ask?

Well, it turns out that the Indian community in Australia was against the participation of Pakistani film stars at the weeklong event.

shocked.gif

Apparently, visiting Bollywood celebrities were also not comfortable with sharing the stage with Pakistani artistes.
giphy.gif

Festival director Vvikas Paul says,

“I have received threats from vested interest groups and was worried about the security of my celebrity guests, myself, sponsors and my team. So, we have decided to defer it.”

Social media also exploded, labeling the festival as anti-Indian.
“We will hold the festival when relations between the two countries improve.”

The seven-day film festival was planned to showcase films and talent from India, Pakistan and Nepal culminating in a star-studded awards night on May 13, however, it has now been canceled.

The Bollywood guest list included Jeetendra, Randhir Kapoor, Ekta Kapoor, Arjun Rampal, Ileana D’Cruz, Sonu Nigam, Sonu Sood and a few other celebrities from the Punjab film industry.

We’d love to hear what you think of this. Let us know at write@veryfilmi.com.

Stay tuned to Very Filmi for more updates!
http://veryfilmi.com/imran-abbas-hu...indian-film-festival-australia-got-cancelled/
A positive development i would say
@django @The Sandman @Hell hound

GREAT!!

Shows the true face of secular democratic Indians and serves as a slap on the faces our our anti-Nationalist progressive liberals (only if they can feel that). I hope all of our people follow these developments and can make some sense of the the message being sent by such acts of extremism!!

Thank you for sharing it here.

Festival director Vvikas Paul says,

“I have received threats from vested interest groups and was worried about the security of my celebrity guests, myself, sponsors and my team. So, we have decided to defer it.”

A positive development i would say
@django @The Sandman @Hell hound

I from the dept of my heart thank those VESTED INTEREST GROUPS (VIGs)..... #THANKYOUVIGs

THEY ARE REGRESSIVE ACTUALLY

CHitar kha kar a jayein gy we support right wing backlash in India it helps our cause
But they call themselves progressive man!!!
Otherwise if it was up to me i wont even call them liberals. They know nothing about that either. To them, basing the state, religion and out laws is being liberal!! :D

Pakistani celebrities who go running to Indians to lick there shoes should be thrown in India for good and nationality cancelled enough of these jokers

GREAT!!

Shows the true face of secular democratic Indians and serves as a slap on the faces our our anti-Nationalist progressive liberals (only if they can feel that). I hope all of our people follow these developments and can make some sense of the the message being sent by such acts of extremism!!

Thank you for sharing it here.

faces our our anti-Nationalist progressive liberals (only if they can feel that

Let's agree that your liberals are bigger liberals.

The common man in India wants a very little support from the elite Pakistani actors when it comes to public sentiment. It doesn't want any remuneration in return but a small show of sympathy goes a long when the same common Indian cheers for Fawad Khan or anybody from Pakistan.

One question here, do boundaries change people?

Baboon beghairats call themselves shair does it make them shair ? :D
Progressive work for betterment of their country not enemy country
LOLZ
But we do call them "animals" right!!
Bs isi hisab say i said . . . ..

Khair, you are right, these people who call themselves progressive and enlightened and moderate and liberals are nothing but a bunch of anti-Nationalist extremists.

The common man in India wants a very little support from the elite Pakistani actors when it comes to public sentiment. It doesn't want any remuneration in return but a small show of sympathy goes a long when the same common Indian cheers for Fawad Khan or anybody from Pakistan.

Support in what sense?
I do not get your point

LOLZ
But we do call them "animals" right!!
Bs isi hisab say i said . . . ..

Khair, you are right, these people who call themselves progressive and enlightened and moderate and liberals are nothing but a bunch of anti-Nationalist extremists.

Support in what sense?
I do not get your point

To denounce terrorism. Isn't that the issue all about?

To denounce terrorism. Isn't that the issue all about?
They support terrorism? They, we, all of us, denounce terrorism happening in anywhere in the world, including that faced by the Kashmir population. Terrorism in all shapes and forms need to be stopped!!

Actually majority of Pakistanis dont care about sentiments of Indians

Yes boundaries do change people and how they view certain issues and conduct themselves in their society
They support terrorism? They, we, all of us, denounce terrorism happening in anywhere in the world, including that faced by the Kashmir population. Terrorism in all shapes and forms need to be stopped!!
Yea our artists do denounce terrorism Indian sponsored terrorism

Shows the true face of secular democratic Indians and serves as a slap on the faces our our anti-Nationalist progressive liberals

What does Indians opposing Pakistan or Pakistanis got to do with secularism and democracy. Seriously, Pakistan needs to stop imagining they are the torchbearers of Islam. They are not the best examples of either one of them.

Back
Top Bottom