What's new

Impeachment

Now try and misuse these words in every way in your power even ignore them if you feel so, Israel secret meetings it was all over the news if you recall, whose war... WoT their "front line ally" the "most allied ally" he is "our friend"....

They have been backing Musharraf long ago since the day he took power, he was instantly backed by the US, did you see how fast they took sanctions off Pakistan, he is a traitor one the must face a fair trial, but that will depend on his actions if still wants to stand stiff and still is reluctant for a fight than he will and should be tried.

Yaar listen, I personally do not know Musharraf, but know so of extremely close relatives who have seen Musharraf up and close and the guy is no traitor. He is as patriotic as they come no matter what you say and no matter how many articles you post of Hamid Mir claiming the same. Its unfortunate that Musharraf does not get a chance to defend himself otherwise on every count, he would put Hamid Mir and his lifafa journalism to shame.

Musharraf was never backed by the US upon taking power. Do you forget the treatment meted out to him by Clinton when he came to Pakistan? 9/11 changed things..now until and unless you claim that Musharraf planned the attacks of 9/11 to help his own case :rolleyes:, it was sheer luck and timing that Musharraf happened to be the one making the call to stay on the side of the rest of the world and go against the Taliban. Had anyone else been in his shoes, they would have made the same call (even now Zardari is doing the same and Nawaz Sharif in the future will be doing the same, democracy or not, mandate or not...mark my words!).

Lastly I am not sure why you are making such a big deal about this Israel-Pakistan thing. The most vociferous and self-claimed champion of Muslims in Pakistan's history (Zia ul Haq) also had contacts with the Israelis. At least I do not buy into these types of theories. Musharraf is Pakistani first and not anybody's tool. Its very easy to claim everyone is a traitor if you do not like them. What has he done that is traitorous? Can you even explain why he is a traitor as you refer to him?

The best thing both for musharraf, nawaz and zardari and people of pakistan in the current scenario is

1) some sort of a "temporary" indemnity for musharraf to not be prosecuted as long as he stays out of the country - somewhat similar to the pardon provided to zardari but under conditions so that musharraf might not be tempted to do another comback like cricketers/film stars

2)provide safe passage to live in another country - somewhat similar to that provided to nawaz.

Nawaz would be making a huge mistake if he does otherwise. Army might be willing to keep quiet for now, but no way they will keep quiet if Nawaz decides to humiliate Musharaf even further sometime down the line.

The two conditions laid down by musharraf make him a permanent hero which Nawaz/Zardari obviously cannot accept. Completely disregarding also is counterproductive. Lets see if the pakistani politicians are able to think this through or only find a temporary solution without removing the sword of democles hanging above their head with musharraf around even in a civilian role.

‘Safe passage to Musharraf under review’
Friday, August 15, 2008
By Muhammad Anis

ISLAMABAD: Defence Minister Chaudhry Ahmed Mukhtar has spoken about the contacts between President Pervez Musharraf’s associates and the government aimed at seeking a safe passage for him.

He was talking to newsmen at a ceremony here on Thursday to rename the Islamabad International Airport as the Benazir Bhutto International Airport. The minister said that aides of Musharraf had approached the government to seek a safe passage for him. Most of the details in this connection had been finalised, Mukhtar said, adding that they would be made public soon. He said the aides were demanding that the trial of the president should not be held under Article 6 of the Constitution.

Answering a question, Ahmed Mukhtar denied having given any statement in favour of President Musharraf, adding that there should be no soft corner for the violators of the Constitution. He said the days of Musharraf were numbered and he himself should quit.

To a question, the minister said the contract employees of the Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) would be regularised within two weeks. However, the issue of daily wage employees would be taken up later.

Earlier, the minister unveiled the plaque renaming the Islamabad International Airport as the Benazir Bhutto International Airport. During the presence of the minister, the PIA daily wages employees demonstrated for their regularisation.

Agencies add: The minister said that 3,500 acres of land had been acquired for the new Islamabad airport that would be completed by 2010.

‘Safe passage to Musharraf under review’

Deal is done

* Coalition offers president safe passage, security cover if he resigns * Nawaz ready to show flexibility
* President to decide about his future in next few days
* Drop scene expected in few days
* PML-N now less interested in drafting charge sheet

ISLAMABAD: The coalition government has offered indemnity and security to President Pervez Musharraf if he resigns, sources privy to the developments said on Thursday.

Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leader Nawaz Sharif has agreed to change his rigid stance against the president, who is likely to finalise a decision in the next few days. The drop scene is likely in a few days, the sources said.

Charge sheet: A meeting to continue the drafting of a charge sheet against Musharraf could not proceed on Thursday after the PML-N lost interest in the activity, sources said. PML-N leader Ishaq Dar said he could not attend the meeting because he was preoccupied with Independence Day celebrations. Dar – who was a finance minister in the coalition government before all ministers from his party resigned following disagreement on the framework for the restoration of judges sacked by Musharraf on November 3, 2007 – said he would begin attending the meeting when the impeachment proceedings begin.

They said the United States, the United Kingdom and Arab rulers had been pressuring the government for a safe exit for Musharraf, who seized power in a bloodless coup against Nawaz in 1999 and has been a US ally in the international war on terror since September 2001. American and British diplomats reportedly discussed the matter directly with Nawaz Sharif after other parties in the ruling coalition told them Nawaz was not willing to show flexibility.

Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) Co-chairman Asif Ali Zardari – the widower of slain two-time prime minister Benazir Bhutto – and Awami National Party chief Asfandyar Wali said they gave more importance to the moral aspects than the legal ones, according to the sources. Wali told Aaj Kal the outcome of impeachment would be no different from those of previous military rulers, but did not elaborate the statement.

Three of the four provincial assemblies have already passed no-confidence resolutions against the president, demanding that he take a vote of confidence from his electoral college or resign, failing which the coalition government should impeach him under Article 47 of the Constitution.

Musharraf’s allies lost the general elections held on February 18, 2008 to the PPP and the PML-N, who are part of the four-party ruling coalition that also includes the ANP and Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazl.

The two major partners in the coalition announced they would restore the sacked judges after negotiations in Murree, but could not agree on a framework. In more recent “make-or-break” negotiations, the two parties agreed on impeaching President Musharraf before restoring the judges.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Yaar listen, I personally do not know Musharraf, but know so of extremely close relatives who have seen Musharraf up and close and the guy is no traitor. He is as patriotic as they come no matter what you say and no matter how many articles you post of Hamid Mir claiming the same. Its unfortunate that Musharraf does not get a chance to defend himself otherwise on every count, he would put Hamid Mir and his lifafa journalism to shame.

Fine we will call Hamid Mir an Idiot and I too agree at some level that Hamid Mir is merely spicing it up, we have seen it, than you should also agree that Ahmed Quarashi's is lota journalist. If it is possible lets avoid commenting on their journalistic charisma I am sure there are plenty of other good journalist, in particular one my favorites is Khalid Hassan.

I would have seen Musharraf as a Patriot only when he was the CoAS, and when the year 1999 came he was no longer a patriot in my book. I would honour him if he resign even though he should have done that when Benazir (shaheed) was assassinated.

Musharraf was never backed by the US upon taking power. Do you forget the treatment meted out to him by Clinton when he came to Pakistan? 9/11 changed things..now until and unless you claim that Musharraf planned the attacks of 9/11 to help his own case :rolleyes:, it was sheer luck and timing that Musharraf happened to be the one making the call to stay on the side of the rest of the world and go against the Taliban. Had anyone else been in his shoes, they would have made the same call (even now Zardari is doing the same and Nawaz Sharif in the future will be doing the same, democracy or not, mandate or not...mark my words!).

Only history will tell this untold story, for once allow give a little more trust to democracy, if this government is fail you should openly curse it when its tenure finishes, WoT is brought Pakistan know good and you must start to recognize that if you are a true Patriot.

Lastly I am not sure why you are making such a big deal about this Israel-Pakistan thing. The most vociferous and self-claimed champion of Muslims in Pakistan's history (Zia ul Haq) also had contacts with the Israelis. At least I do not buy into these types of theories. Musharraf is Pakistani first and not anybody's tool. Its very easy to claim everyone is a traitor if you do not like them. What has he done that is traitorous? Can you even explain why he is a traitor as you refer to him?

Fine I will avoid using those words but you must also take notice of what you post, most of it is only made of malice and discontent nothing but empty hate towards the civilian government we had your beloved rule of autocracy for nearly a decade and yet now when a civilian setup has returned we need to respect that too, how long will you live like this be mature you people should try to weigh up your words just blatantly saying they will do this and they will do that wont make it appear that way.

Last edited:
We all know that the PPP doesn't want a trial, but PML-N will be happy to see one happen, I believe it will paint unnecessary scene in Pakistani history yet, there is always room for save passage, "saamp bhi marjay or lahti bhi nah tootay" I think, most Presidents who faced impeachment 9/10 have all resigned immediately when asked too, this was a international show on its own which could have been stopped if the he would have agreed on resignation, and placed his terms.

Dear Interceptor:
let the scene-part play out then we will provide you with proof of your party's democratic credentials.

So big deal if Israel is offering assistance. Also if this is the way to judge a person's credentials then i would ask Mr. Interceptor to please intercept another article where BB asked the Israeli agency mussad to provide her security as her life in endangered in Pakistan. Now how will we judge that?
Every person including Musharraf is not saint but he was there when all rest chose to either flee to S.A or perhaps stay in the UK until matters could be sorted out. If the leadership of PP was as pure as mother's milk, they would have not gone for initiating deals with Musharraf. Yesterday i was watching sherry Rehman's speech in which how bluntly was she lying that we made no deal and how dearly have we sacrificed for this cause. Yeah really while enjoying life in the UK. Sharam be atti jhoot bolta hua.

Remember it's not just Musharraf that is the only problem.

The rest of these leaders including Zardari, Sharif, etc are also corrupt, we have seen their previous track record. This Capitalist system we are implementing is also part of the problem and not the solution.

Changing one and not the other will not deliver any real changes!

I have one question to people who want to imbeah Musarraff. What good will it bring to Pakistan? answer my question with reasonable answer please instead off calling Musarraff traitor, wicked, corrupt. because all i can conclude is this, New goverment is trying to divert attention from real problems to a problem which is so little. If you thig its a big deal then please clearly explain how musarraff is hurting Pakistan AT THIS TIME?
thanks

I have one question to people who want to imbeah Musarraff. What good will it bring to Pakistan? answer my question with reasonable answer please instead off calling Musarraff traitor, wicked, corrupt. because all i can conclude is this, New goverment is trying to divert attention from real problems to a problem which is so little. If you thig its a big deal then please clearly explain how musarraff is hurting Pakistan AT THIS TIME?
thanks

The good it will do is reduce the number of talking heads in the government.

The bad - Pakistan will lose a competent leader - one of the few they have at the moment. Also, it will create a lot of ill-will and instability in the short run.

The good it will do is reduce the number of talking heads in the government.

The bad - Pakistan will lose a competent leader - one of the few they have at the moment. Also, it will create a lot of ill-will and instability in the short run.

Thanks alot for your comment. I need more out of it though!

Its funny how our people say we want people of Pakistan to rule Pakistan not the army... I as myself a question, where deos the army come from! it got to come from Pakistan and her people! We Pakistani don't care if Fudel and corrupt people rule us but we have a dam problem when someone from army! a person form middle class family who joins the army of pakistan to serve us and then become the ssg and then become the best out of 600,000 strong army of pakistan. Then he become the cheif of army staff and serve our country. a person who has fought for us in wars. A person who went to sacrifice his life for us our pur parents is a traitor! How can some one call Mussarraff a traitor by looking at his history! If he is a traitor then i would say all loud that we should call every one from our army a traitor every single man who is or was ready to give his life and future of his family for us. PLEASE INDIAN BRATREN DON'T COMMENT ON THIS POST thanks and i didn't say this to offend anyone thanks

Back
Top Bottom