What's new

IMF World Economic Outlook (WEO) April 2014 released

Do you have a link?

China source:
采用新的核算方法计算GDP_网易财经
美国新的GDP计算方式 - 行业分析 - 人大经济论坛

U.S. BEA official source:
Changes to How the U.S. Economy is Measured Roll Out July 31 | U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis

将研究与开发支出计入国内生产总值(GDP);改进城镇居民自有住房服务价值核算方法;将土地承包经营权流转收入计入财产收入;将雇员股票期权计入劳动者报酬。

In the new method, companies treat R&D as an investment, not just an expense. The the capitalization of R&D, capitalization of entertainment, capitalization of the ownership transfer costs associated with buying real estate and employee stock plan will be taken into consideration.

This is a good move. Government will encourage and support more companies to increase their R&D investment.

Sort of like the poor man saying, "I' have no money, but i'm happier than billionaires who has everything." And yes, you are wrong.
China's entire economy isn't enough to fund your comprehension development skills.

According to 林毅夫, China will still maintain a 7%~8% growth rate for next 20 years. China still have too much potential. We will have a $10,000 GDP per capital in 2018. Just 5 years.

View attachment 24131

$12,000 is the lower limit to define a high income economy. Can you believe? Although $10,000 is not good when comparing to developed country, but THIS IS ABOUT 1.4 TRILLION PEOPLE.

This figure almost doubled in 5 years from 2008-2013, it's not hard to get an optimistic estimation, why not double to $12,000 in 2018? :tup:

This figure almost doubled in 5 years from 2008-2013, it's not hard to get an optimistic estimation, why not double to $12,000 in 2018? :tup:
China's growth is fast, but not as fast as it was 10 years ago. If it takes 5 years then to double, it could take 6-7 to double now.

China's growth is fast, but not as fast as it was 10 years ago. If it takes 5 years then to double, it could take 6-7 to double now.

The growth rate will eventually become slower, with no exceptions to any country. In the early days, say 1978-2008, China focuses on a roughly and extensively growth way, while after then, China will change to a qualitative way, although slower, but more sustainable.

The growth rate will eventually become slower, with no exceptions to any country. In the early days, say 1978-2008, China focuses on a roughly and extensively growth way, while after then, China will change to a qualitative way, although slower, but more sustainable.
Exactly my point. As countries become more developed, their growth rate starts to decline, which is why it would be harder for China's GDP/capita to reach your desired amount. It's not a bad thing, you just can't expect China's GDP/capita to double in 5 years today as it did back then.

Exactly my point. As countries become more developed, their growth rate starts to decline, which is why it would be harder for China's GDP/capita to reach your desired amount. It's not a bad thing, you just can't expect China's GDP/capita to double in 5 years today as it did back then.

Before it took us 4 years to double our GDP, and now it will take us about 6 years to achieve this.

We are still growing faster than any other major countries in the world.

In real life, this is not a serious concern because nobody pays people to dig useless holes and then reverse their work.

Virtually all economic activity is useful, because resources are scarce and labor is expensive, so people carefully and rationally allocate their budget. Also, it doesn't matter if you lost $20, the money wasn't destroyed but transferred (maybe to the laborer you hired, or maybe to the vendor whose tools you bought). Liquidity only exists to be circulated so it can stimulate the economy.
my example is just a drastic one to show how you can waste money and resources for nothing. to spend money you don´t have and to impress people you don´t know.

another example: how Greece went bankrupt? the country is a classic example of economic bubble.

GDP of Greece grew dramatically after joining the Euro. with a strong currency, the people of Greece got the feeling the country has become rich. financed Olympics games 2004, consumer spending as well as government spending with debts....pushing prices of real estates to rise and rise. when they noticed the country competitiveness declining, debts going out of control and housing prices bursting it was too late.

How the 2004 Olympics Triggered Greece's Decline - Businessweek

no, not all human economic activities are usefull. Homo economicus just exists in model.
by the way, in Greece the stadium and other sport facilities built for the Olympics are not in use after the games and now a natural habitat for rats and other animals.

Last edited:
my example is just a drastic one to show how you can waste money and resources for nothing. to spend money you don´t have and to impress people you don´t know.

another example: how Greece went bankrupt? the country is a classic example of economic bubble.

GDP of Greece grew dramatically after joining the Euro. with a strong currency, the people of Greece got the feeling the country has become rich. financed Olympics games 2004, consumer spending as well as government spending with debts....pushing prices of real estates to rise and rise. when they noticed the country competitiveness declining, debts going out of control and housing prices bursting it was too late.

How the 2004 Olympics Triggered Greece's Decline - Businessweek

no, not all human economic activities are usefull. Homo economicus just exists in model.
by the way, in Greece the stadium and other sport facilities built for the Olympics are not in use after the games and now a natural habitat for rats and other animals.
Listen to people when they taught you something about economies. Your example is piss poor and displays your lack of understanding the economic activities. You give an example of zero $20 and he exactly provided the reason for why your $20 spent was useful to others. In other words, money circulates to different people. I don't even understand the point you're trying to make. Yes even if the stadium stays there for nothing, no events and assuming no activities, you can still tax that stadium on a yearly basis.

Listen to people when they taught you something about economies. Your example is piss poor and displays your lack of understanding the economic activities. You give an example of zero $20 and he exactly provided the reason for why your $20 spent was useful to others. In other words, money circulates to different people. I don't even understand the point you're trying to make. Yes even if the stadium stays there for nothing, no events and assuming no activities, you can still tax that stadium on a yearly basis.
no, you are wrong.

I get poorer by $20, other gets my $20. but it is a zero game. nothing has changed. well, money circulates. but why does GDP inscrease by $20?
a question to you: If you give a beggar $10, would GDP increase by $10?

the Greece paid $11bn for the stadium and other sport facilities, that have now become a dumping ground. you can´t tax them as nobody can pay.

no, you are wrong.

I get poorer by $20, other gets my $20. but it is a zero game. nothing has changed. well, money circulates. but why does GDP inscrease by $20?
a question to you: If you give a beggar $10, would GDP increase by $10?

the Greece paid $11bn for the stadium and other sport facilities, that have now become a dumping ground. you can´t tax them as nobody can pay.
Because these are an INVESTMENT. The $20 you spend on utility to dig a hole is revenue for a company and potential profit that can be used to re-invest in the growth of the company and hire additional labor, which that extra employee will gain by earning money with his hard sweat.

ABSOLUTELY! that $10 you give to the beggar is money circulation because the beggar will spend that $10 on something which lead to the example I give you above? The only way that $10 you give out that won't lead to increase in GDP is if that beggar burns that money into ash!

You must learn about property tax! It doesn't matter, the owner will pay property tax. If he doesn't like it, he can sell that property at a loss, break-even, or profit, it is still an investment asset!

Time for you to learn more, my friend.

According to this data sheet Pakistan will cross 300 billion dollars in 2018 only.. according to some members here Pakistan already crossed that mark..

That's a conservative estimate. Dollar has gone down from 110 to PKR to 96 Today. So that's an automatic increase of 3-5% there.

If Rupee strengthens and economy picks up, Pakistan might cross 300Billion mark in next 2 years. The reason is that there are a lot of sectors in economy that are not accurately measured. One is the IT sector which has shown a consistent and marked increase.

You have no idea what you're talking about other than defending a fellow useless Vietcong who got pawned by me.
Do you take everything up your ***? added to ignored along with your other racist buddy

Back
Top Bottom