What's new

IMF World Economic Outlook (WEO) April 2014 released

Shit!! India still hasnt touched 2 trillion mark.

There is another twist here.A few days ago our rupee increased to 59 mark means 1$= 59.50rs.
Then RBI ordered for a buying of dollars to depreciate the rupee again to 60rs.
Now real twist is come here.our major exports are IT .In IT ,before 2008 salary to an engineer is at least 40000-50000. or more.
After recession for excuse of the business all major IT company including Infosys ,Wipro cut down salary in to below 25000 mark.
Now my friend got placement in HCL only for 15000 rs.But for IT ,recession problem is almost finished but there salary is still low.
But they are still getting large contracts from west .And now for a usual assignment this companies got same money like it before 2008 or more.But due to depreciation of rupees.these dollar become large amount of Indian rupees to these companies in India.Now all other exports companies doing same method.And according to some analysts rupee may again appreciate to 45 to 50 level around 2015 time.
The real advantage is at the same time we can reduce our trade deficit (by increasing export and reducing import)and can increase nominal GDP to a too high level .Just think all these depreciated currencies in all these companies and government suddenly increase in to 45 to 50 range from present 60 range .Just think about it.

Chinese fiscal revenue ($2.11 TRILLION) alone is bigger than most countries entire economies.

Bigger fiscal revenues means more money to spend on military.

Just goes to show not even ALL of Asia combined will be powerful enough to do anything in the SCS and ECS.

We are only getting stronger as we get more money and our technology keeps advancing. Our market is now the 2nd largest and in many sectors the largest.

Tag that Pakistani guy who was saying that Pakistan has crossed 300 billion mark :lol: @farhan_9909

IMF estimatation even for this year are wrong,Since they are based off old estimation for Pakistan.

Remember that IMF estimation in 2008 for Pakistan was to reach just 200Billion dollars by 2017.But we reached 200Billion mark in 2010.They will change it.YOu should not worry

IMF estimatation even for this year are wrong,Since they are based off old estimation for Pakistan.

Remember that IMF estimation in 2008 for Pakistan was to reach just 200Billion dollars by 2017.But we reached 200Billion mark in 2010.They will change it.YOu should not worry
IMF World Economic Outlook Database, 2008 is also available in IMF website.. please check it.. it stating pak economy gdp is 225 billion dollars in 2013.. your above statement is wrong...

Last edited:

IMF estimation is wrong?? :rofl:
Dude dont make silly excuses,Your above statement is totally wrong.

GDP inscreases if I dig a hole and undo it or I can burn down my garage and order the new one, just for fun.
GDP increases, too if a robber breaks into the bank and takes all employees as hostages.

all just a compilation
that's a saying from a poor fifth world delusional country.

If doesn't matter how big the GDP is, the key is a healthy taxation system. If the government is not able to collect the tax correctly and fairly, the government will have little money to spend on infra and weapons.

that's a saying from a poor fifth world delusional country.
why do you start with insulting? do I beg you for money, you retarded idiot!

GDP is defined as economic output. The basic formula for calculating the GDP is: Y = C + I + E + G

with
Y = GDP
C = Consumer Spending
I = Investment made by industry
E = Excess of Exports over Imports
G = Government Spending

back to my example, if I spend $10 to dig a hole and spend another $10 to undo it, so my total spending is $20.
I am poorer by $20. but the nation GDP increases by C=$20. correct me if I am wrong.

note GDP is not the sole measurement to assess the wealth of a nation. more, it is easy to manipulate.

Last edited:
why do you start with insulting? do I beg you for money, you retarded idiot!

GDP is defined as economic output. The basic formula for calculating the GDP is: Y = C + I + E + G

with
Y = GDP
C = Consumer Spending
G = Government Spending

back to my example, if I spend $10 to dig a hole and spend another $10 to undo it, so my total spending is $20.
I am poorer by $20. but the nation GDP increases by C=$20. correct me if I am wrong.

note GDP is not the sole measurement to assess the wealth of a nation. more, it is easy to manipulate.
Sort of like the poor man saying, "I' have no money, but i'm happier than billionaires who has everything." And yes, you are wrong.

with
Y = GDP
C = Consumer Spending
G = Government Spending

In real life, this is not a serious concern because nobody pays people to dig useless holes and then reverse their work. Virtually all economic activity is useful, because resources are scarce and labor is expensive, so people carefully and rationally allocate their budget. Also, it doesn't matter if you lost $20, the money wasn't destroyed but transferred (maybe to the laborer you hired, or maybe to the vendor whose tools you bought). Liquidity only exists to be circulated so it can stimulate the economy.

they downgraded chinas gdp data to 9.1 from 9.3 trillion what they originally assumed. Also in PPP japan and india increased

they downgraded chinas gdp data to 9.1 from 9.3 trillion what they originally assumed. Also in PPP japan and india increased

They originally assumed it was 8.9 trillion, but China's actual GDP in 2013 was 9.3 trillion based on the exchange rate of that year.

Now they revise the number, but instead of using the actual figure, they are still sticking with their own estimation.

Slowly, but inexorably, China is catching up to the U.S. economy. I think there is an upcoming revision to the way that the U.S. calculates its service economy. For example, investments in movies and software will be counted as part of the service GDP and no longer counted only when the movie tickets or DVDs are sold. This will provide a bump to U.S. GDP and make it harder for China to catch up.

The national economic review started in March will use the same method for GDP calculation as US. So the effect cancels out.

Back
Top Bottom