What's new

IMF wants assets of Pakistani officers of grade 17 - 22 to be public.

I hope and I wish this is actually implemented, maybe the IMF isn’t so bad after all
At this point, the only thing standing between Pakistan and Lebanon/Somalia/Haiti is IMF. Not for the cheques alone but for the administrative reforms it is forcing. It is the new 'East India Company', but in a good way.

At this point, the only thing standing between Pakistan and Lebanon/Somalia/Haiti is IMF. Not for the cheques alone but for the administrative reforms it is forcing. It is the new 'East India Company', but in a good way.
Painful as it is, you are absolutely correct.

IF this is the case and I mean IF. then that is favorable to Pakistan! What would be the proverbial cherry on the cake if all of these officers no longer receive perks and privileges, 0 privileges. NO medical overseas, NO education of children overseas, NO retirement overseas.

ALL relationships under watch especially marriages of convenience. an eye must be kept on the families of these officers.
Good officers should be paid well, but all above board, in broad daylight. Remember, if you only give peanuts, you only attract monkeys.

If I was the IMF I would give the money backed with some sort of asset in return
They can't do that. They can impose terms, conditions and monitoring but no pawn shop.

Last edited:
Isnt this ironic.
The politicians made the people think IMF works for the devil and its a cursed monster and all.
But in reality IMF cares more about the people of Pakistan than this current Government does.
Asking for transparency, the same thing the people have been asking for decades now.
Way you go IMF..

ISLAMABAD – The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has asked the Pakistan to develop a system to make the assets owned by the government officers of grade 17-22 public, it emerged on Thursday.

The demand from the global lender comes as an IMF delegation is visiting the South Asian country to hold talks with the government on ninth review of the $7 billion loan programme stalled since September 2022.

Reports said the IMF had demanded the government to set up an authority and an electronic asset declaration system to public the assets held by the Pakistani bureaucrats in and outside the country.

It also said the officers should also be made bound to submit details of their assets while applying for opening a bank account, adding that such measure would ensure transparency and accountability in the country.

@ziaulislam @FuturePAF @villageidiot @epebble @PakFactor @Menace2Society @Maula Jatt @Mirzali Khan @HAIDER @Areesh @Hakikat ve Hikmet

Ridiculous demand. Seems like fake news.

Thats that then, no IMF loans. Cant see this happening, or they will fudge and create bogus submissions.

For sure you cant trust this Pak government, or Pak in general at the moment. From their position they are giving money to a country that is deep in corruption and has many multimillion dollar scandals. If I was the IMF I would give the money backed with some sort of asset in return and I would give lots of strong conditions probably including some kind of monitoring mechanism on how the money will be spent and release funds in tranches.

Pak doesn't have many valuable commodities, maybe natural resources which are still in the earth but their potential is unknown. Other thing is nukes but that will be too political to call out directly.
The IMF don’t need to put the national assets as collateral, just identify the international assets of top officials and put their and their families personal assets as collateral.

in short IMF simply said.. "wesay b tumhari izat nahe rahe awaam may ub mazeed tumko naanga karkay baki ki kasar pori karwyeengay - IMF to incompetent surrender experts

I presume this includes CAOS, as he is a grade 22 officer?

I would recommend IMF be very careful of these certified thieves.

All grade 17-22 officers, military leadership, politicians, their direct and indirect relations need to declare their assets and data updated on a public platform with proper audits.

Last edited:
It shouldn't be too hard fudging and concealing assets though, they could still launder money onto their families name even while being a grade 17 - 22 officer.

Real solution is to kick the corrupt haram khors out entirely. Capital punishment should be implemented for corruption cases that exceed a certain amount.

It seems Pakistan military leadership and judiciary have got themselves off the hook.

Politicians seem to have stuck. 😂

IMF better watch their backs, the agencies will now be after them. The Chairman better have 24/7 armed guards.
This is the IMF, not weak defenceless coward Pakistanis.

Don't worry about them. They'll uproot your entire country, and bury you in your grave alive before you even do such a thing.

Back
Top Bottom