What's new

Imaging Questioners

Here's a trainer we might see in PAF colors in near future:

Guess this one:

b33f6e3754320abd8c8b1a934fadd7dd.jpg

My lord, the thread has advanced a lot since i last logged out. we seem to have a lot of aviation experts here.

Here, identify these aircrafts.

This got to be Mig-21

The first one is a Mig-21, may be Mig-21bis, but its a version later than 21F because of the dorsal spine. PAF F-7s dont have dorsal spines like 21bis or other later Mig-21 designs. Spine provides space for more avionics and fuel but restricts all round view somewhat.

Second and Third picture seem to be the infamous Su-7 (Dual centreline fuel tanks).

Fourth is Su-11 due to its big nose intake. Here I would add that Su-9 and Su-11 are very similar except a bigger nose intake of -11 and external fuel line on -11 aft of cockpit. Both share the delta wing.

Fifth is Su-22. Some Su-22s were shot down by PAF F-16s during Afghan war against Soviet Occupation.

last one is famous british Lightning with its over-wing fuel tanks. By the way, these over-wing fuel tanks was not seen afterwards in new designs,although the Jaguar uses over-wing sidewinder rails.

Classic british aircrafts like Hunter, Buccaneer and Lighting can still be flown in the Thunder City in the South Africa by anyone, obviously on cash payment.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom