What's new

Imaging Questioners

Identify this aircraft ? You can notice laser guidance system in the nose.

Thats Mig-27. But the real thing for a pilot is to learn the differences between Mig-23, Mig-23BN and Mig-27. They are very similar because Mig-27 was derived from Mig-23.

Mig-23BN does not have a round nose like other Mig-23s because air superiority Mig-23s have a radar in the nose and the nose is round. Mig-23BN is the ground-attack variant of the Mig-23 and is very close to Mig-27.

I give here the differences between Mig-23BN and Mig-27.

Mig-27 removed all those design features that are unnecessary for low level ground attack operations. The variable air intake of Mig-23 was discarded and a fixed intake was chosen for Mig-27. The nozzle was also simplified and a fixd nozzle was adopted for Mig-27. Other than that, the Mig-23BN is more inclined towards back than Mig-27, while on ground.

AND I think the proper word for what you mentioned as Laser Guidance System would be "Marked Target Seeker" in my opinion.

Last edited:
actually that is the dassault Mirage IV. look carefully and you can see the French Air force insignia. i saved the picture under the name delta dagger.

Try this one

http://img299.imageshack.us/my.php?image=17vd7.jpg

Thats the famous SR-71 Blackbird of Lockheed Martin.

U-2 was designed to fly "over and above" the air defences, SR-71 was designed to fly faster than any interceptor or fighter, Aurora seems to be designed for stealth and speed combined.

Identify this:

00a269f6f26f56a22ec56e4fcc66b29f.jpg

Identify this:

00a269f6f26f56a22ec56e4fcc66b29f.jpg

That the Blackburn Buccaneer, a classic british aircraft. The important design feature is that it was one of first aircrafts with boundary layer control on its wings and elevators.

Excellent, its indeed a Buccaneer.
What about the rest of the pictures? :)

This seems to be Mirage-4000.

Correct again, its the Dassault Mirage-4000 technology demonstrator. Note the bigger delta wing and high mounted canards.
Much of the technology developped in this platform was later transferred to the Rafale.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom