What's new

IMA training roster best in world: Afghan Captain

90 countries seem impossible, too high a claim. Secondly, it's his personal opinion: people have different preferences like a friend of mine got selected in the naval air arm and trained at Risalpur and liked it better.

so this afghan capt. is a certified authority in rating different mil-institutions?

as somebody got training from many countries he thinks IMA is the best.everybody has the right to have an opinion.I guess you are a military man, don't you have one ?

actually..... there are 200+ countries
I know! That was just a joke!! :P

Best in the world may be or may be not. But quality training for a officer Alma ,a definite yes. US navy seals are given most rigorous training in the world.
There's a difference! At the IMA, the CADETS are being trained to become officers. SEALS etc are already trained officers and men having a fair amount of service behind them where they go through a tough selection process. Usually commandos are selected for these super special forces.

IMA is pretty good,it has a british army tradition and is a very old institution.I wouldn't say its THE best though but surely among the best,i'm sure the american and european academies are just as good if not better.Afghan officers may prefer this one due to cultural/language similiarities and perhaps more intensive training in counterterrorism/insurgency operations in which we have vast experience and is mots valuable from afghan perspective.
Also he isn't just a officer he's a MENTOR,so its perfectly possible he has served in the same role for afghan cadets in multiple countries.

Back
Top Bottom