What's new

Im not responsible for NRO, to contest from Dera Bugti: Musharraf

EagleEyes

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
HIGH WYCOMBE: Former president Gen (R) Pervez Musharraf has said that he is wrongly blamed for paving the way for President Asif Ali Zardari through National Reconciliation Ordinance (NRO) and the responsibility lies with the elected representatives of Pakistani people in the two houses of the parliament who voted for him to become the president of the country.

Speaking to around 400 activists of his All Pakistan Muslim League (APML) here, Musharraf vowed that he will return to Pakistan before the general election, expected to be held in May this year, and will stand in all provinces but didn’t commit a date yet again.

Musharraf admitted that his party was in the doldrums because of his absence from Pakistan but said that his supporters will galvanise once he returns to Pakistan to lead his party. Musharraf praised Tehrik-i-Minhajul Quran (TMQ) chief Dr Tahirul Qadri for staging a “successful dharna” in Islamabad, for highlighting the issues of masses who feel abandoned by the major parties and for bringing the government to agree to some points of his demands. He said it remained to be seen whether the government keeps its promise or not but in any case, said Musharraf, Qadri deserved praise for jolting the status quo of Pakistani politics. He criticised Imran Khan for failing to make the “right decision” and support Qadri’s long march and as a result “standing neither here nor there in the new political scenario”.

He said Qadri’s march had sent a powerful message that Pakistanis love democracy and can demand their rights peacefully, without resorting to violence. “Qadri showed to the world how despondent Pakistani public has become with current corrupt political class and how dysfunctional they are. They are looking for a messiah and that’s why the masses supported Qadri,” said Musharraf.

The former military ruler said: “Dictatorship is a state of mind, it doesn’t lie in uniform. I empowered masses of Pakistan and vulnerable section of the society. Look at how the country is going to the dogs under the so-called democrats. The essence of democracy is to serve and look after the public but if the living standards of the people are in a free fall then this system means nothing. Five more years of such kind of democracy will mean more nepotism, corruption and bad governance and that will take Pakistan towards more abyss.”

Speaking about the economic situation of Pakistan, Musharraf said: “The whole world is now saying that Pakistan’s economy is in a state of severe depression, the people are unemployed, inflation has risen by more than 4 percent, there is no petrol and gas, commercial activity is at zero level and all the indicators suggest that Pakistan is headed towards a cliff. It is clear the government has no control and policy about the economy of Pakistan,” he said. Musharraf said it saddened him how Pakistanis are killing each other in the name of religion and sect. This is the real tragedy with the Islamic world that Muslims are divided and are killing each other, he said. Musharraf took exception to criticism on him about his religious beliefs. “Some people cast aspersions on my Islamic credentials but I am proud of being a Syed and from the lineage of the Hazart Muhammad (SAW). Allah honoured me that the doors of Khana Kaba were opened for me six times, the Door of Forgiveness was especially opened for me and I raised the slogan of Allah Akbar from the floor. I have offered prayers for Pakistan 6 times at the Roza-e-Rasool (SAW). But I don’t regard myself as a superior Muslim but I don’t give anyone the right to regard himself a bigger Muslim than me.”

I

120109051847-musharraf-return-story-top.jpg

Musharraf using current support and positive vibe in Pakistan regarding him.

Returning home: Musharraf offered to contest poll from Dera Bugti – The Express Tribune

Former president Gen (retd) Pervez Musharraf on Sunday unveiled a plan to contest elections from constituencies in all four provinces, including Dera Bugti in Balochistan.

Musharraf, who heads the All Pakistan Muslim League (APML), said that he has been offered an opportunity to fight elections even from Dera Bugti.

Dera Bugti is the hometown of the late Baloch chieftain Nawab Akbar Bugti, who was killed in an August 2006 operation. Years later, Musharraf was nominated by the slain chieftain’s heirs in the murder case.

Speaking on the Express News talk show Takrar, the former president expressed his willingness to testify before a Supreme Court-appointed commission to probe into the controversial Lal Masjid operation. “I will appear before it and will not let my ego stand in the way,” he said.

Declared a proclaimed offender by the Supreme Court with orders to be arrested whenever found, Musharraf said that he had not yet decided about the final date of his return to Pakistan. But he said he would “come back before the forthcoming general elections.”

He also said that he would contest the elections from constituencies in all the four provinces. “I will contest elections from Chitral in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa,” he said.

Qadri connection

Musharraf disclosed that Minhajul Quran International chief Dr Tahirul Qadri had contacted him before embarking on a long march through the federal capital. Once the long march was over, Musharraf said he had also congratulated Dr Qadri on its success.
The APML chief refuted claims that there were contacts between him and Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf chairman Imran Khan, though he admitted that the two had some common friends. According to Musharraf, Imran should have taken part in the long march.

Referring to relations between Pakistan and India, he said that some Indian politicians and some elements in the Indian army do not favour peace with Pakistan and keep creating obstacles in the peace process.

Published in The Express Tribune, January 21st, 2013.

@Awesome Seems like you were right. Things getting better for Musharraf after that interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
But he is responsible for bringing back all the old mess of **** politics..... in shape of BB and Noora....

He has snowball's chance in hell to become a President/PM of Pakistan. However his goal currently should be to win one seat. That may be possible.

Sir, Chitral or Hazzara mein both supporters hain iskey. He will win 1 seat and become 1 man show. I really respected this man, and still do to this day, but Pakistan needs change, and i don't think he can bring it.

Just my two cents.

Dude current public in Pakistan love Musharraf & want him back...
Some 1 want some revenge,from musharaf cause he did some nasty damage to INDIAN media recntly in an interview & made the anchor look like a fool?lol
So,he thought bringing BUGTI,s colour may give someone ,a chance to bash Musharaf, bt may don't know he is vry popular on PDF & even in dera bugti which is controlled by pro musharaf bugti tribes these days ?lol lol lol

KIRAT want some revenge,from musharaf cause he did some nasty damage to INDIAN media recntly in an interview & made the anchor look like a fool?lol
So,he thought bringing BUGTI,s colour may give someone ,a chance to bash Musharaf, bt KIRAT may don't know he is vry popular on PDF?lol lol lol

Let's not get personal, itna farigh koi nahi ke Arnab Goswami ko avenge karne PDF ayega.

I mentioned the thing about Bugti, not Krait and before me, Musharraf himself made the announcement. He just said hes been offered, he may not take that offer.

Sir, Chitral or Hazzara mein both supporters hain iskey. He will win 1 seat and become 1 man show. I really respected this man, and still do to this day, but Pakistan needs change, and i don't think he can bring it.

Just my two cents.

Ek seat jeetke agar apne ilakay main kaam karke dikhata hai, then that would be a launching pad for the rest of Pakistan.

Chitral and Hazara areas would be perfect - he has an open canvas to work with.

He CAN bring change given if he was in power - which I think he can't be, at least it doesn't seem like it for the foreseeable future. He brought plenty of good changes up until 2006, IMO.

I think he has learned from his mistakes and will do things better from now on - if he manages to get one seat at least.

KIRAT want some revenge,from musharaf cause he did some nasty damage to INDIAN media recntly in an interview & made the anchor look like a fool?lol
So,he thought bringing BUGTI,s colour may give someone ,a chance to bash Musharaf, bt KIRAT may don't know he is vry popular on PDF?lol lol lol
Where did I say Bugti ?

Well Aseem answered you. :D

@Awesome What are the chances that Qadri may pitch Musharraf as a leader for his followers ?

Where did I say Bugti ?

@Awesome What are the chances that Qadri may pitch Musharraf as a leader for his followers ?

Aseem?

Slim... I think they will all fight apna apna, when the results come up they will form some sort of alliance.

Where did I say Bugti ?

& guss what he & you hit the wrong button?lol

Aseem?

Slim... I think they will all fight apna apna, when the results come up they will form some sort of alliance.

I think u started this without a dam knowledge, jst for the sake of trolling?lol
Bt let's get, started? Shall we?
His party was the supporter of TuQ from the very start of his recent tour? & still they are?
His party is called,APML you should try to come on sticky thread & should learn more about it?
Dera-bugti is in controll of pro-musharaf tribes,& on NRO he allways hve said it was his wrong dececion with right intentions!

Back
Top Bottom