What's new

If this was in the US.....

The kid would have been riddled with bullet holes become part of body count stat

Heather Locklear in the 80's.....:smitten::smitten:

10/10 wouldn't have minded getting cuffed by her.

Heather+Locklear+3.jpg

The kid would have been riddled with bullet holes become part of body count stat

looooooooooool!

Ah com on, maaaan! loooool You guys and gals are too much. :lol:

Protect and serve. Speaking of cops vs kids, this is the image of what most US cops are like that is also lost in all the brutality we're exposed to on a regular basis.

Tazers have pretty much replaced that age-old use of the baton, which really hasn't disappeared in reality, it's just been replaced by the less noticeable extendable baton @Vergennes mentioned.

Tasers are good option but not a good combo against when someone has been sprayed with CS/CN, in the UK police use Monadnock® AUTOLOCK® X3 and the ASP 21.

police-stock.jpg

PCs-Ali-and-Goulding.jpg

Tasers are good option but not a good combo against when someone has been sprayed with CS/CN, in the UK police use Monadnock® AUTOLOCK® X3 and the ASP 21.

police-stock.jpg

PCs-Ali-and-Goulding.jpg

Over here tasers aren't very widespread. The mainly tools used are batons and pepper spray. Officers here have also a tool that isn't probably widespread across Europe,it's the "Flash-Ball",a rubber bullet launcher. @Dr. Fox

up4.jpg

up1.jpg

Criticized by human rights groups because caused several serious injuries,including lost eyes and one cardiac arrest.

Currently being replaced by a more modern one.

up3.jpg

up2.jpg

@Gomig-21 @Hamartia Antidote

Over here tasers aren't very widespread. The mainly tools used are batons and pepper spray. Officers here have also a tool that isn't probably widespread across Europe,it's the "Flash-Ball",a rubber bullet launcher. @Dr. Fox

View attachment 458118
View attachment 458116

Criticized by human rights groups because caused several serious injuries,including lost eyes and one cardiac arrest.

View attachment 458121
View attachment 458124

In the UK we call that a baton gun.

Over here tasers aren't very widespread.

Same here. Our police don't even use electro-shock weapons like Tasers. Pepper spray and batons, firearms on duty if authorized, but always in their vehicles as a standby at very least.

GettyImages-500551482.jpg

Capture1.JPG

One interesting difference between our police and military is that the police carry shotguns. Outside of special forces, I've never seen a shotgun in use by the Norwegian Armed Forces.

Capture.JPG

That flash-ball looks like it'd hurt like hell:o:! Our riot police have nothing of the sort, just guns and more guns. Special police have transitioned from the MP5 to the MP7 recently, and they have assault weapons too if needed.

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Most police are packing an MP5 for emergency situations however.

Last edited:

View attachment 458118
View attachment 458116

View attachment 458121
View attachment 458124

Well we have rubber bullets and bean bag guns but they aren’t standard issue. They probably are kept in the trunks of cars while the front seat has the 12 gauges.

Well we have rubber bullets and bean bag guns but they aren’t standard issue. They probably are kept in the trunks of cars while the front seat has the 12 gauges.

There was a recent document on tv where a French guy who settled in the US then joined a local PD. On the front seat he had a shotgun and an ar-15,while all the non lethal tools,including rubber bullets gun were (ironically) well kept in the trunk of the car. Why need them when you can just shoot people. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) @Gomig-21

It's quite recent the French National police got assault rifles (Something like 2 years now),actually they were only used by the special forces in the past.

pols.jpg

Quite differents for Gendarmes as they always had access to a wider range of "heavy weapons",including assault rifles (ranging from Famas to G36) and shotguns.

There was a recent document on tv where a French guy who settled in the US then joined a local PD. On the front seat he had a shotgun and an ar-15,while all the non lethal tools,including rubber bullets gun were (ironically) well kept in the trunk of the car. Why need them when you can just shoot people. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) @Gomig-21

I know it sounds like it should be the other way around, right? Ask any cop here and he'll tell you 99% of the time all he needs is his handgun, along with a taser, extendable baton maybe pepper spray. The AR-15, shot gun are in the trunk. Rarely a non-lethal weapon because that's usually reserved for riot situations and not with standard police. Their handgun is their number 1 tool where they can pull it out quick and end a bad situation. If it turns into a standoff and the perp(s) is hidden in a house or behind a building, then they'll go to the trunk lol.

Those guys that walk around open carrying with AR-15s in areas that are legal to do that but nobody does it...that's when someone calls on them and 9 cruisers show up and they'll be already sporting shotguns and ARs etc.

Out with a group of people at a nature reservation for a rare bird release and people were tipped off about the event so there was a huge crowd and the environmental police were out in a bunch and I was yacking it up with one of them, turns out those guys are also carrying tasers, spray and were armed with Glock 22s. They also told me they had other heavier "tools" (they called them), in their pickups. So even those guys take it pretty seriously.

I've had run-ins with almost every single unit lol! Staties, environmental on many occasions, harbor master almost once every season on the water (those guys are super) and I've had my issues with the coast guard, they are some of the worst! I had a probably my worst run in with the CG out of all a couple summers ago in Boston Harbor.

I know it sounds like it should be the other way around, right? Ask any cop here and he'll tell you 99% of the time all he needs is his handgun, along with a taser, extendable baton maybe pepper spray. The AR-15, shot gun are in the trunk. Rarely a non-lethal weapon because that's usually reserved for riot situations and not with standard police. Their handgun is their number 1 tool where they can pull it out quick and end a bad situation. If it turns into a standoff and the perp(s) is hidden in a house or behind a building, then they'll go to the trunk lol.

Those guys that walk around open carrying with AR-15s in areas that are legal to do that but nobody does it...that's when someone calls on them and 9 cruisers show up and they'll be already sporting shotguns and ARs etc.

Out with a group of people at a nature reservation for a rare bird release and people were tipped off about the event so there was a huge crowd and the environmental police were out in a bunch and I was yacking it up with one of them, turns out those guys are also carrying tasers, spray and were armed with Glock 22s. They also told me they had other heavier "tools" (they called them), in their pickups. So even those guys take it pretty seriously.

I've had run-ins with almost every single unit lol! Staties, environmental on many occasions, harbor master almost once every season on the water (those guys are super) and I've had my issues with the coast guard, they are some of the worst! I had a probably my worst run in with the CG out of all a couple summers ago in Boston Harbor.

I suppose the policing dynamics in the US are different. I for one am proud the UK banned ownership of Pistols and revolvers.

I suppose the policing dynamics in the US are different. I for one am proud the UK banned ownership of Pistols and revolvers.

Knowing that guns are all over the place here in the US makes cops very uneasy, there's no question about that dynamic.

Back
Top Bottom