What's new

If the Sikhs decided to cast their lot with Muslims and Pakistan in 1947??

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is very debateable. Both islam and sikhism believe in the Oneness of God, denounce the caste system (although some muslims and sikhs in sub-continent still continue to follow the caste nonsense because of hindu influence). Both religions are also strongly against worshipping idols!!
and???....

Then why are Jagdish Tytler and Sajjan kumar still roaming freely??
politics.

the average darji is freely welcomed in homes and work. we do our own thing (eating masala chicken etc.) while hindus worry about idol worshiping :P win-win eh?

The OP has forgotten that the PM and COAS of the hindu majority country are Sikhs and this is only the beginning of a long list. On the contrary Pakistan should have been only a suni country and the shias should have been part of India along with their share of land.

That is very debateable. Both islam and sikhism believe in the Oneness of God, denounce the caste system (although some muslims and sikhs in sub-continent still continue to follow the caste nonsense because of hindu influence). Both religions are also strongly against worshipping idols!!

So does Christianity.. But muslims and Christians have been at war with each other since centuries...

The OP has forgotten that the PM and COAS of the hindu majority country are Sikhs and this is only the beginning of a long list. On the contrary Pakistan should have been only a suni country and the shias should have been part of India along with their share of land.
Shhhhh, shut up joe. dont spoil the thread with logic :P

A quick search from wiki gave me that...

Also..
In 1675 Aurangzeb caused the martyrdom of Guru Tegh Bahadur. He had gone to Aurangzeb on behalf of Kashmiri Pandits, who requested him to plead against their forceful conversion. Aurangzeb asked Guru Tegh Bahadur to convert and had him executed after he refused to convert to Islam.[5] According to Kushwant Singh, when "Guru Tegh Bahadur was summoned to Delhi, he went as a protector of the Kashmiri Hindu community and encourage them to stand against the increasing oppression of the Mughals. He was executed in the year 1675. His son who succeeded him as Guru later described his father's martyrdom as in the cause of the humanity. Guru Tegh Bahadar undertook the supreme sacrifice for the protection of the most fundamental of human rights - the right of a person to freely practice his or her religion without interference or hindrance. This is why Guru Tegh Bahadur is also known as Tegh Bahadur, Hind Di Chadar" (Tegh Bahadur, Protector of Hindus). Many Sikhs view Guru Tegh Bahadur as "Insaaf Di Kand" (blockade of injustice), stopping the injust conversions to Islam.

Guru Tegh Bahadur is also honored by Punjabi Hindus and the Guru Tegh Bahadur Martyrdom Day is also observed by many Punjabi Hindus.[6]

Also from wiki...

Should explain why they did not vote with Pakistan I guess.

If the Sikhs are going to hate and detest the muslims forever because of what happened in 1675, then they should also hate the British for what they did to sikhs at Jalianwala bagh in 1919. They should also hate the hindus for Operation bluestar 1984, when Golden Temple was burned and reduced to rubble

attack84-4.jpg

If the Sikhs are going to hate and detest the muslims forever because of what happened in 1675, then they should also hate the British for what they did to sikhs at Jalianwala bagh in 1919. They should also hate the hindus for Operation bluestar 1984, when Golden Temple was burned
you are incorrect in assuming that sikhs will hate muslims (or anyone else) forever.

it is in our own best interest to move on from past issues and improve our tomorrow.

mitti pao hunn paaji :tup:

@Flamingo , please feel free to enlighten the OP. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
If the Sikhs are going to hate and detest the muslims forever because of what happened in 1675, then they should also hate the British for what they did to sikhs at Jalianwala bagh in 1919. They should also hate the hindus for Operation bluestar 1984, when Golden Temple was burned

attack84-4.jpg

Brits did not kill them for being Sikhs - they killed them for being anti-govt at that time
India's operation blue star was against secessionists. they were free to practice their religion - not secessionist tendencies
The incident with the mughals happened because THEY WERE SIKHS and NOT MUSLIM.

The examples you gave to mine are really apples to oranges.

Also, there is no argument to say sikhs "hate" muslims. given a choice between a secular state and an islamic state - a non-islamic religion will choose where it can flourish. Where do you think that is?

BTW, Guru Tegh Bahadur who was killed by aurangzeb (for not converting to islam) is the ninth guru of the sikhs. That should mean something to the sikhs now shouldnt it?

Brits did not kill them for being Sikhs - they killed them for being anti-govt at that time
India's operation blue star was against secessionists. they were free to practice their religion - not secessionist tendencies
The incident with the mughals happened because THEY WERE SIKHS and NOT MUSLIM.

The examples you gave to mine are really apples to oranges.

Also, there is no argument to say sikhs "hate" muslims. given a choice between a secular state and an islamic state - a non-islamic religion will choose where it can flourish. Where do you think that is?

Just to add- Sikhism is an incredibly tolerant faith and has zero problem with any other religion. A central teaching of Sikhism is we are all humans FIRST regardless of religion and different religions are simply different paths to the same destination.Sikhism teaches- as long as you are a good person everything else is secondary.

The ONLY reason Sikhs have traditionally had issues with Muslims was because of the Mughals who carried out conversions at the tip of a blade. If you push the Sikhs they will push back- they hardened and fought back (Khalsa) not against the Islamic religion but against the oppressors and animals that were the Mughals. There is certainly little anti-Islamic sentiment ingrained into the Sikh faith.

damn it @Aka123- I just couldn't help myself! :)

BTW, Guru Tegh Bahadur who was killed by aurangzeb (for not converting to islam) is the ninth guru of the sikhs. That should mean something to the sikhs now shouldnt it?

Guru Tegh Bahadur is also known as "Hind Di Chadar" (The Shield of India) as he gave up his life to protect the religious freedom of non Muslims in Mughal India.

Just to add- Sikhism is an incredibly tolerant faith and has zero problem with any other religion. A central teaching of Sikhism is we are all humans FIRST regardless of religion and different religions are simply different paths to the same destination.Sikhism teaches- as long as you are a good person everything else is secondary.

The ONLY reason Sikhs have traditionally had issues with Muslims was because of the Mughals who carried out conversions at the tip of a blade. If you push the Sikhs they will push back- they hardened and fought back (Khalsa) not against the Islamic religion but against the oppressors and animals that were the Mughals. There is certainly little anti-Islamic sentiment ingrained into the Sikh faith.

Guru Tegh Bahadur is also known as "Hind Di Chadar" (The Shield of India) as he gave up his life to protect the religious freedom of non Muslims in Mughal India.

It's not your fault. At times, such utterly stupid logic pops up here, that even if u try hard and restrict yourself, ultimately you fail and put a comment.

It has happened quite a few times with me here. :)

I was wrongly quoted to say that sikhs hated muslims.

I was simply putting my views across about sikhs coming to India than Pakistan

Its logical they choose a secular "you can follow whatever religion" country instead of an islamic country.

I gave the complete story of the ninth guru so the guys here can understand - a sikh went to plead for the hindus and got killed for being a sikh and not converting to Islam. They hold the freedom to pursue your faith at a very high level. A definite reason to stay with a secular country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom