What's new

If the F/A 18 Super Hornet Wins the MMRCA

I guess XiNiX means like this:

#1. The Strength : IAF vs PAF & IAF vs PLAAF

The first won't change much, because any MMRCA would just add to the advantage IAF already has over PAF. Against PAF the F18SH will have an advantage in BVR, but in WVR things will change especially if we keep in mind the numberical superiority of PLAAF.

#2. The Edge : INDIA vs PAKISTAN

An advantage, because it adds strike capabilities to our forces, for SEAD, or preemptive strikes.

#3. The Relations of : Pakistan ( Getting F16s ) & USA ( Supplying F18s to INDIA )

The only point here is, that they might not get F18SH, but turn even more to Chinese fighters, which is not good for India imo. I prefer PAF having 36 x F18SH, than possibly 80, or even 100 x J10Bs.

#4. The Asian Power Projection

Offensive against PLAAF? Difficult and depends on what weapons we could get (long range A2G missiles?).

#5. INDO - US Relations

Boost of course, but by the ammount of restrictions we clearly will be more dependent on a foreign nation than before.

#6. INDIA - Russa, France and EU Relations.

Very difficult! The more influence Russia loses in India, the more interesting will it be to search for other partners, so closer relations to China and even more deals with Pakistan are possible.
Anything the EU can't sale to us, they can offer at least to Pakistan and even the possibility of Rafale techs in PAF will be a big problem for India, let alone if PAF would get 1, or 2 Rafale/EF squads.

I guess XiNiX means like this:

The first won't change much, because any MMRCA would just add to the advantage IAF already has over PAF. Against PAF the F18SH will have an advantage in BVR, but in WVR things will change especially if we keep in mind the numberical superiority of PLAAF.

An advantage, because it adds strike capabilities to our forces, for SEAD, or preemptive strikes.

#3. The Relations of : Pakistan ( Getting F16s ) & USA ( Supplying F18s to INDIA )

The only point here is, that they might not get F18SH, but turn even more to Chinese fighters, which is not good for India imo. I prefer PAF having 36 x F18SH, than possibly 80, or even 100 x J10Bs.

Offensive against PLAAF? Difficult and depends on what weapons we could get (long range A2G missiles?).

#5. INDO - US Relations

Boost of course, but by the ammount of restrictions we clearly will be more dependent on a foreign nation than before.

Very difficult! The more influence Russia loses in India, the more interesting will it be to search for other partners, so closer relations to China and even more deals with Pakistan are possible.
Anything the EU can't sale to us, they can offer at least to Pakistan and even the possibility of Rafale techs in PAF will be a big problem for India, let alone if PAF would get 1, or 2 Rafale/EF squads.

Great Effort Bhai...

Dont know much but with out F-18G , chance o F-18SH is less & i mean very less unless mod bows dwon to its knee to accept it

now taste the friendship of Uncle Sam.
as is commonly said USA is a country better to have as enemy rather then friend.

Why Does this Come to Mind ONLY when INDIA gets Favored ??

Why Does this Come into consideration when INDIA gets F18s not when PAF gets F16s ???

We KNOW How to manage Relations.

now taste the friendship of Uncle Sam.
as is commonly said USA is a country better to have as enemy rather then friend.

when did Pakistan have friendship with US ? the relationship of US-Pakistan is that of a imperial-satellite state. You got money for the friendship, at the best you were Jr. partner in the relation. So is your current relationship with China, you are just a hedge against India.

India's friendship with US will be more on a balanced footing. India's aspirations are too strong to be someone's satellite state or to be hedge against some one.

As far as F-18 is concern, what the heck is wrong here. There will be no technology transfer of any sort, no other concessions that France and Euro are offering. I think it getting too political here making this MCRA decision.

Last edited:

With PAF, its not worth comparing but PLAAF, it will have advantage on BVR capability, WVR capability are also there gussing we will get the EDE engine which provides 15% more thurst and makes this plane more agile. and trust me PLAAF and PAF have nothing to counter Su-30 MKI, Mirage-upgraded, PKFA and MRCA....

Already mentionedd above.

matter of money actually and nothing else, tom you never know PAF might buy Rafale if they have money.

Of course, First asean country to fly PAKFA, F-18, Su-30 MKI with AIM 120D,R77, Idleize, extended range A2A, AWACS, AESA and Brahmos equipped Su-30 MKI.

#5. INDO - US Relations

Improve but MRCA deal and engine TOT will decide the outcome.

Nothing changes, Everybody has a peice of cake from the big pie..:cheers:

Guys how can u think,if a Engine is selected for LCA,the winner of the engine bid will also win the Mrca...don't be fools..
Mod is just smoothing US so that after india selects Rafael or typhoon,US won't get itched...
Do u think the people in Mod are innocent..they are the most criminal brained guys(Not criminal),they know how to manupulate things

Guys how can u think,if a Engine is selected for LCA,the winner of the engine bid will also win the Mrca...don't be fools..
Mod is just smoothing US so that after india selects Rafael or typhoon,US won't get itched...
Do u think the people in Mod are innocent..they are the most criminal brained guys(Not criminal),they know how to manupulate things

Are you some kind of insider in GoI to know about our highly intelligent babu's??? we have lot of reports on this to discuss this...

and if you dont still understand our babus you have to understand the power of US... it can arm twist our helpless babus by showing stars in day light..

Are you some kind of insider in GoI to know about our highly intelligent babu's??? we have lot of reports on this to discuss this...

and if you dont still understand our babus you have to understand the power of US... it can arm twist our helpless babus by showing stars in day light..

u can't say indians are dumb,innocent people..
we'll time will tell,let the decesion come,till then please stop these bull $#iT like saying arm twisting,slave,etc..
india is slave of noone and puppet of no one..
didn't u know wat is happening with that anderson guys,we are pushing US to extradict him,
and N-liability bill,which will put these american companies in deep troubles..
no one is slave and no one is master its just buisness..
let the decesion come out guys..wait..until then

And India is capable of Raising Voice against any country in this world who tries to bully us...

Last edited:
No one is certain friend!!!.

Its just the way it happens in our country. However I still feel that a lot is yet to come.

PAF have nothing to counter Su-30 MKI, Mirage-upgraded, PKFA and MRCA....
Off course how can PAF ever counter the mighty super duper SU-30 mki, please enjoy your dream i don't want to knock you out of it by talking about block 52's Pakistan has and the MLU'S.

Already mentionedd above
You think(oh look a flying pig, no wait.......... aaaa what ever:cheesy:

matter of money actually and nothing else, tom you never know PAF might buy Rafale if they have money.

They have several other options to ensure credible defense, you don't have to burden your head with their financial constraints.

Off course how can PAF ever counter the mighty super duper SU-30 mki, please enjoy your dream i don't want to knock you out of it by talking about block 52's Pakistan has and the MLU'S.

You think(oh look a flying pig, no wait.......... aaaa what ever:cheesy:

They have several other options to ensure credible defense, you don't have to burden your head with their financial constraints.
Summerising your post.

Power projection and war are two different thing, US currently projects power all over the world, doesnt mean that it can actually point blank defeat its cold war enemy Russia.

So please stop your rant. iam enjoying my dream:cheesy:

I am not in favour of f18's,dependence on us is not good mainly because it also supplies pak.I lol on imbecility of people suggesting f18's,i mean what sense does it make to buy f18's from US while it delivers f16 to pak??whats next, f1234 to pak,f1235 to india and so on.

u can't say indians are dumb,innocent people..
we'll time will tell,let the decesion come,till then please stop these bull $#iT like saying arm twisting,slave,etc..
india is slave of noone and puppet of no one..
didn't u know wat is happening with that anderson guys,we are pushing US to extradict him,
and N-liability bill,which will put these american companies in deep troubles..
no one is slave and no one is master its just buisness..
let the decesion come out guys..wait..until then

And India is capable of Raising Voice against any country in this world who tries to bully us...

yeah time will tell....
you are saying that anderson will be extradicted to india and he will face the heat??? do you think US will let us do that?? wet dreams.. he will die before america starts thinking of whether or not... please dont assume things.. until concrete things have taken place... If you have proof of something like what you have mentioned please provide it we will be happy to bow for your source.. until then we dont eat grass by assumption... You know assumption is the biggest $$$$$ $$$$$(bad word) of all

As of today babus have considered GE engine exactly the next day when MoD babu has come back from his US trip... i dont blame US ... they do what is right for them... we have to do what is right for us...

As for MMRCA getting F18 is fine if it is the best.. no one has any issues when deals work favorable for both the parties..

but we still considering american products for our Tejas is not acceptable at any level..

Back
Top Bottom