What's new

If Sharia were enforced, TTP would abide by Constitution: Prof Ibrahim

I believe that the members acting as experts on this thread and pretending to have a doctorate level of understanding on the subject should enlighten us all .

I never acted as an expert nor as a proponent - I am an outsider looking in - the TTP wants shariah in Pakistan which is the topic of the thread - the taliban wants shariah in Afghanistan they got it for two years and we know how it turned out for better or for worse depending on which side of the fence you are sitting on.

So enlighten me on why is the TTP/AT shariah any different than what shariah is - I am neutral in this.

What is Shariah? List its basics :coffee:

LOL - so now you are tag teaming huh

Anyways, I asked you a question - how the Taliban's shariah in Afghanistan different to whatever shariah you seem to be proposing? - remember again that I am neutral in this and you have dragged me into this topic.

Ok, so what did what the Taliban did in Afghanistan different from Shariah? how was it voodoo magic?
Well you were the one going and equating them...so tell me what is Shariah...we know what they did from newspaper articles...so please tell me what Shariah is so we can equate the two as you did :pop:

I gave a simple answer . Look at the election results . See what the people vote for .

Was Sharia a major election issue? Anyways from the election results I only see that Punjabis voted PMLN.

LOL - so now you are tag teaming huh

Anyways, I asked you a question - how the Taliban's shariah in Afghanistan different to whatever shariah you seem to be proposing? - remember again that I am neutral in this and you have dragged me into this topic.
No you equated the 2...so I am asking you to show me the working of how you derived that equation

You and me - for us it doesn't matter if Pakistan implements shariah or no as it doesn't concern us, but on observation, Pakistani society or at least a major chunk of it is no different than the Afghan one, and we all know what happened in the two year Taliban rule of Afghanistan or what happens under the FSA controlled areas of Syria.
As for what kind of society is needed - I am not sure - probably the Saudi one would be an example, but not Pakistan at least for it's minority masses and for its women.

Well you were the one going and equating them...so tell me what is Shariah...we know what they did from newspaper articles...so please tell me what Shariah is so we can equate the two as you did :pop:

You were the one telling me not to equate because it's different - now show me why is it different.

No you equated the 2...so I am asking you to show me the working of how you derived that equation

Because that's waht they claimed that they implemented in Afghanistan - show me why is it not.

I agree, with the amount of ignorance, blind hate and aggression on display already - it would be mayhem, stadiums will turn into slaughter houses for the infidel and mad mullahs would run rampant labeling anyone infidel and worthy of qatl as they fit.

I thought TTP is called the Taliban....NO?
I think this thread is about that.....NO?

Read the opening post again then.
TTP - Taliban - Shariah - Pakistan - constitution. That i presume is the topic of the thread.

You were the one telling me not to equate because it's different - now show me why is it different.
No you show me how you derived that equation

Because that's waht they claimed that they implemented in Afghanistan - show me why is it not.
1st you call them Terrorist, barbarians and what not now you take their word for it? :unsure:
I have repeated written in many threads what Shariah is even on this very thread....

You are going around in circles.

you seem to be an expert in Shariah - I asked you a simple question.

No you show me how you derived that equation

1st you call them Terrorist, barbarians and what not now you take their word for it? :unsure:
I have repeated written in many threads what Shariah is even on this very thread....

When did I do that? it was you who called them barbarians and called their shariah voodoo magic.

just draw me a simple comparison that's all.

You are going around in circles.

you seem to be an expert in Shariah - I asked you a simple question.
I already responded to that question in this thread...and I asked you a simple question about how you derived your equation?

When did I do that? it was you who called them barbarians and called their shariah voodoo magic.

just draw me a simple comparison that's all.
Ok...Have you never in your life called Talibans anything bad or think of their actions as bad? Not talking about this thread....talking about general coz I recall seeing you being active in saying your mind about the Taliban

I already responded to that question in this thread...and I asked you a simple question about how you derived your equation?

I derived that equation because of the topic of the thread and what the taliban claimed to have been doing in Afghanistan under their rule - it can't get simpler than that.

Ok...Have you never in your life called Talibans anything bad or think of their actions as bad? Not talking about this thread....talking about general coz I recall seeing you being active in saying your mind about the Taliban

I agree, I actually meant that too on this thread when I said there will be mayhem under them.

I derived that equation because of the topic of the thread and what the taliban claimed to have been doing in Afghanistan under their rule - it can't get simpler than that.

I agree, I actually meant that too on this thread when I said there will be mayhem under them.
Ok...

Now for your info...post 122 I think its post 122...anyway

BBC - Religions - Islam: Sharia

Thats the basic...not all but for starters....

I never acted as an expert nor as a proponent - I am an outsider looking in - the TTP wants shariah in Pakistan which is the topic of the thread - the taliban wants shariah in Afghanistan they got it for two years and we know how it turned out for better or for worse depending on which side of the fence you are sitting on.

So enlighten me on why is the TTP/AT shariah any different than what shariah is - I am neutral in this.

Let's see again . The Taliban talk of and want Sharia therefore the Sharia must be what the Taliban want . That's what I deduce from your comments . How come ?

Was Sharia a major election issue? Anyways from the election results I only see that Punjabis voted PMLN.

No .

Let's see again . The Taliban talk of and want Sharia therefore the Sharia must be what the Taliban want . That's what I deduce from your comments . How come ?

No .

I think that stage has been passed - read my previous comments.

Ok...

Now for your info...post 122 I think its post 122...anyway

BBC - Religions - Islam: Sharia

Thats the basic...not all but for starters....

I read the whole thing..

Now don't take it otherwise - but what I deduced from that is that the only thing different than what the taliban implemented and what is given in that article regarding rules is - who implements it? - rather who runs the shariah court and who declares the punishment?

I wouldn't credit the talibunnies with morality, literacy or any other virtues that one would attach with a judge. So that basically was the problem - who implemented the rules rather than the actual rules.

Back
Top Bottom