What's new

If PAF had accepted the offer of A7 in the 80s

I think more than anyone else Agha Hasaan Abidi's illness became more of a liability for him and us. His Cardiac transplant and subsequent strokes did not help. Rather than anyrhing else BCCI was done in by their own sheer stupidity and overconfidence. They were specifically told not to enter US bankong market. They went ahead and bought a Bank on Capital Hill which had all the accounts of the Congressmen under false pretences and if I remember through a third party. This raised alarms in the US. Their situation was still salvageable but Sheikh Zaid's advisors got scared of US pressure and advised him to stop supporting the Bank. Otherwise 625 million was considered peanuts and Sh Zaid could have covered it himself.
I had a long conversation with someone who was fairly high in the heirarchy of the Bank and hence got this information. At the end of the day this is his account which I think is correct.
A
agha sahb wanted to go legit
he even had a new bank registered oasis bank international
this bank was supposed to be first one to have footprint in all continents china was huge base
americans were just looking for excuses to finish him
they never want someone in competition in there core business
banking

Back
Top Bottom