What's new

If India attack Bangladesh, what options BAF have to defend and reply back in same manner ?

Once India has reached superpower status we should consider invading both Bangladesh and Pakistan. Make them part of "Greater India".

BTW I am just joking. No offence.
From Khyber to Nagaland
Only taranga, Jai Hind 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼 Jai Shri ram

Lets say jamaat islami and other religous parties come to power and india being hindutva extremist country would surely create problems, there are attacks and suddenly india attacks with a pretext of helping bengli hindus. There u go, not far off from realiy.
By the way u can leave the thread if u find the question absurd, why linger around and trying to explain how the question is not realistic??

This offcourse assumes that such an adventure would be a cost free effort for india.

Save hindus where...they are dispursed throughout the country. Moment indians step over the border BD becomes united with a sole purpose to repel the foreign horde at all cost. A nation of 165m has never been invaded in human history and indian army is not going to be the first to do it.

Indias sri lanka expedition hopefully has not been forgotten by IA.

This is just too hypothetical, but let me add my own hypothesis...!
War is possible if Bangladeshi Islamists overthrow the secular govt of Bangladesh and take power, after which pogroms to kill and displace kafirs aka Hindus will be inevitable. Kafir Hindus and their idolatry temples will be targeted by jihadis.
This will force mass refugee crysis in India.
India will have to intervene to eradicate the extremists from Bangladesh, similar to how Isis was exterminated from Iraq and Syria.

Indian military forces, given their superior numbers and equipment, would overrun Bangladesh in a day or two, after witch the show eradication of jihadis would continue for many years.

Jamaat was in power for 5 years. Prior to that there were Pro-Islamic rulers in Bangladesh since 1975 to 1990. Where was the genocide?

The only possible way a war could happen if some bhakt retard desires to become Maharaja of the sub-continent.

And FYI, there are a large number of Bangladeshi hindus who despise India. There is ethnicity at play here apart from religion. The Bengali nationalism will only unite the folks against invasion by a foreign non-Bengali entity.

My respected brothers, the thread title says it all. i will explain a lit bit more.
what we want to know that if India attack Bangladesh, for whatever reason, what will BAF option to tacke IAF in air to air combat today ? or say tomorrow like in 2026 etc ?

how many 3rd gen fighter it has ?
or 4th gen ?
or 4.5 gen ?
what EW it has in thre fighter ?
what jammers it has ?
what BVR it has ?
what SAM it has ?
what AWACS it has ?
what Radar it has ?

PDF members can add more things if i am missing something.

@Black_cats
@Bilal9

tag some more Bangladeshi brothers you know here.

thanks.
Although given the deployments of IAF and BAF the possibility of full scale aerial war are low

This is what BAF/BA can do if a potential war with India

First analyze PAF's failures in 1971 which allowed IAF to overwhelm them in East Pakistan and address them.
Failure 1 Non-existence of long range SAMs
PAF's obsession to ape USAF doctrine led them to ignore SAMs and focus offensive use of fighter jets

Layered SAM defenses for Bangladesh are ideal given is small area size. Few long range SAMs can cover whole Bangladesh's airspace
This will increase the burden IAF to emphasize on SEAD operations before directly taking on BAF

Failure 2 Operation Chengiz Khan
PAF made no attempt to target any forward bases near East Pakistan and that cost them dearly
Targeting any forward IAF bases near border and making temporarily inoperable will force IAF to use bases father away and rely on air to air refueling assets. Given their limited number this nullifies the numerical superiority of fighters IAF can bring to Bangladesh's air space

Failure 3 Lack of Man portable SAM
Similar to failure 1, extensive use of Man portable SAMs will make CAS / paratrooper deployments /troop movement via IA/IAF helicopters very difficult.

This was key to IA's quick sprint to Dhaka by bypassing Bangladesh's natural defenses of myriad streams and water bodies.

Although given the deployments of IAF and BAF the possibility of full scale aerial war are low

This is what BAF/BA can do if a potential war with India

First analyze PAF's failures in 1971 which allowed IAF to overwhelm them in East Pakistan and address them.
Failure 1 Non-existence of long range SAMs
PAF's obsession to ape USAF doctrine led them to ignore SAMs and focus offensive use of fighter jets

Layered SAM defenses for Bangladesh are ideal given is small area size. Few long range SAMs can cover whole Bangladesh's airspace
This will increase the burden IAF to emphasize on SEAD operations before directly taking on BAF

Failure 2 Operation Chengiz Khan
PAF made no attempt to target any forward bases near East Pakistan and that cost them dearly
Targeting any forward IAF bases near border and making temporarily inoperable will force IAF to use bases father away and rely on air to air refueling assets. Given their limited number this nullifies the numerical superiority of fighters IAF can bring to Bangladesh's air space

Failure 3 Lack of Man portable SAM
Similar to failure 1, extensive use of Man portable SAMs will make CAS / paratrooper deployments /troop movement via IA/IAF helicopters very difficult.

This was key to IA's quick sprint to Dhaka by bypassing Bangladesh's natural defenses of myriad streams and water bodies.
Great post.

My respected brothers, the thread title says it all. i will explain a lit bit more.
what we want to know that if India attack Bangladesh, for whatever reason, what will BAF option to tacke IAF in air to air combat today ? or say tomorrow like in 2026 etc ?

or 4th gen ?
or 4.5 gen ?
what jammers it has ?
what BVR it has ?
what SAM it has ?
what AWACS it has ?
what Radar it has ?

@Black_cats
@Bilal9

thanks.
Nothing

By the way bengaldesh & india are close allies

this is ridiculous, a bunch of su-30s can literally decimate BAF .

Khwaab me khane-ke liye dus nahi, hazar rasgulla kafi nahi hoga....

If wishes were horses, even beggars would ride...

Jamaat was in power for 5 years. Prior to that there were Pro-Islamic rulers in Bangladesh since 1975 to 1990. Where was the genocide?

The only possible way a war could happen if some bhakt retard desires to become Maharaja of the sub-continent.

And FYI, there are a large number of Bangladeshi hindus who despise India. There is ethnicity at play here apart from religion. The Bengali nationalism will only unite the folks against invasion by a foreign non-Bengali entity.
Except the Hindu maharaja crap, i really hope Bangladeshi national identity (which is strong) unites all its people irrespective of religious differences, for the better future of Bangladesh.
Bangladesh has managed to control it's religious extremists to a large extent but future cannot be predicted.

or 4th gen ?
or 4.5 gen ?
what jammers it has ?
what BVR it has ?
what SAM it has ?
what AWACS it has ?
what Radar it has ?

@Black_cats
@Bilal9

thanks.

China and Pakistan will defend Bangladesh.

Nothing

By the way bengaldesh & india are close allies

No. Myanmar, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, Maldives and Sri Lanka are all allies of China.

Why did India lose 2 SU-30s on February 27th, 2019 ?

Last edited:
To be frank, whatever Bangladesh armed forces throw at India will still be insufficient and ultimately they will have to surrender. Reasons are

1. Operating high end armed forces cost too much money.
2. Bangladesh lack depth and is covered from 3 sides by India.
3. Bangladeshi topography don't help in manuerability.

So I think Bangladesh can only hope nothing goes wrong between them and India. Musalla pakro or beto nawafil prne

There is one option on table for BD in such conflict offensive and a mean reckless blitz offensive in order to grab as much as they can in first hour of engagement in order to create depth and Bangladesh is technically not a country of 2 ppl but rather 200m they could hold conventionally for years to decades in various areas of pockets in India they aren't exactly a braze but India should be able to overcome them but it will drag out conventionally due to its sheer population magnitude size.. It won't be a taiwan or even Ukraine cuz we talking 200m ppl.. hypothetically speaking India should come out on top when it's all said and done in the dual but with huge cost

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom