What's new

IDN TAKE: HAL LCH Vs Changhe Z-10

indeed there is only a few countrys that need a high altitude chopper india being one of them that would include china and pakistan bu not only for high altitude but for coutries that are very hot and humid which expands to many other countries

Of which we have both. That is why the trials include both desert and high altitude phase.

Like members have posted here, we have been flying IAF Cheetals (upgraded with Shakti engines) at levels exceeding 23000 ft with posts at 21560 feet being serviced by them without a major degradation in capabilities.

Of which we have both. That is why the trials include both desert and high altitude phase.
that i know, yet i failed to mention it. dont know why :undecided:
Like members have posted here, we have been flying IAF Cheetals (upgraded with Shakti engines) at levels exceeding 23000 ft with posts at 21560 feet being serviced by them without a major degradation in capabilities.
the iaf cheetal is a very light chopper the lama's/cheetah's and the alouette's are very light single engined choppers which made them perfect for mountain rescue. i dont see what your trying to get at here. i can take a hunch and say the engine on the cheetah is the same on the lch and the cheetah flew very high so that would mean the lch can fly high too. but the cheetah weighs a fraction of what the lch is
the lch max take of weight is 5800kg whilst the cheetah is 2300kg at max take of mass. see the differance?

There is no combat hellicopter in the world for that height 20000 feet, that's why LCH was developed.

For Anti Armour, Ground attack in plains this is HAL solution Rudra Gunship
the z-10 with the wz-9 has a ceiling of 6400 meters of 20997.38ft to be precise

since this bird was created from the lessons of 1999 lets bring the pakistani take on this since you lot are rivals.
this post froma well known reliable poster its somthing (not regarding the lch) but the z-10 vs the t-129
https://defence.pk/threads/confirmed-pics-of-t-129-in-pakistan.435332/page-4#post-8390641
one thing to remember the z10 is only waiting wz-16 then you have problems

that i know, yet i failed to mention it. dont know why :undecided:

the iaf cheetal is a very light chopper the lama's/cheetah's and the alouette's are very light single engined choppers which made them perfect for mountain rescue. i dont see what your trying to get at here. i can take a hunch and say the engine on the cheetah is the same on the lch and the cheetah flew very high so that would mean the lch can fly high too. but the cheetah weighs a fraction of what the lch is
the lch max take of weight is 5800kg whilst the cheetah is 2300kg at max take of mass. see the differance?
thing is LCH has a better gearbox designed to carry wireght at high altitutdes puls it has two shakti engines ... so its like shakti with new gearbox was first tested on cheetals then LCH tests were done and the fact cheetals were used as test bed for some other techs developed for ALH

@guru Datt Gurubhai Dhruv at the background

DhruvChopper-Ladies.jpg
ooh is that from ecuador? i wont wont that. (the girls not the chopper)
:partay:

@Blue Marlin I like you Turkish article Pic. Did you find anyone who could translate it. Anything I post here about Raa'd and Babur, would lead me to Ban, that's I refrain myself to make further comment on the thread.
no i did not i may pay to get it translated, but when i feel like it as for banning i have noticed you have been pinked a few times so its best to stay out of it mind you webby did say over 7 months there was very agressive moderation so that now sorted
https://defence.pk/threads/ruins-in-pdf.435333/#post-8389075

thing is LCH has a better gearbox designed to carry wireght at high altitutdes puls it has two shakti engines ... so its like shakti with new gearbox was first tested on cheetals then LCH tests were done and the fact cheetals were used as test bed for some other techs developed for ALH
it wont be better, but differant. the cheetah is a single engined chopper whilst th lch is a twin engined chopper so it would be differant most likely derived from the dhruv since it shares the same engine and the same number of engines, and it would be cost effective to do so.

you know what i will talk about the positives.
first, commonality and gurru kind reminded me it shares the same engine and transmitions and the hal dhruv and the rudra so is tried and tested and reliable.

secondly which leads me on do designing
its well designed the engine intake in particular is consealed covering its heat signature but more need tobe done to the exhaust though. as manpad will have it it not taken care of
1630780_-_main.jpg

thirdly testing
it has been tested in many ares of india which have differant climates
but it took part in iron fist in rajastan which is very impressive
http://www.dnaindia.com/india/repor...-to-fire-at-iaf-s-exercise-in-pokhran-2190666

there is one very big downside which im not gonna say but i will let you figuer it out though but i will tell you if you get it right, which kinda makes me not like choppers in this class (yes t-129 and z-19 included)

Last edited:
it wont be better, but differant. the cheetah is a single engined chopper whilst th lch is a twin engined chopper so it would be differant most likely derived from the dhruv since it shares the same engine and the same number of engines, and it would be cost effective to do so.
you sir are forgetting there is also huge diffrence in shape , size and wieght distibeution and aerodynamiks in LCH frame and cheetal or say dhruve for that matter :coffee:

you sir are forgetting there is also huge diffrence in shape , size and wieght distibeution and aerodynamiks in LCH frame and cheetal or say dhruve for that matter :coffee:
first please dont call me sir im not that old (i think) i know its your way respect and all but lets leave it out.

yes there's a huge differances in shape and size between the choppers mentioned but if your referancing the gearbox here im mearly saying it in specuation as it makes more sense as its in the same config as the lch its kinda like re-inventing the wheel when it already there

first please dont call me sir im not that old (i think) i know its your way respect and all but lets leave it out.

yes there's a huge differances in shape and size between the choppers mentioned but if your referancing the gearbox here im mearly saying it in specuation as it makes more sense as its in the same config as the lch its kinda like re-inventing the wheel when it already there
well lets put it this way an average rally car has a 2litre engine but due to its light construction and gearbox and some other things performence diffrence is huge same is here its not just gear box but design or rotor blades ect ect

Z-10 carrying WZ-16 engine will be game changer and better than LCH

cause Z10 in chinese and LCH is indian and since China is all weather friends and India is mortal enemy of pakistan so you know what i mean :azn: :D
yes yes i know indians say their chopper is better and the chinese and the pakistanis say their z-10 is better

yes yes i know indians say their chopper is better and the chinese and the pakistanis say their z-10 is better
exactly.jpg

but the catch is both hellies are not for A To A combat rather A To G combat so hardly matters which one is better the one who performs as per the rerquirements on the given day is better

LCH was designed for high altitude CAS and anty armour anty personell and anty bunker type roles to carry medium load to high altitutde not high load to medium altitude

View attachment 311604

but the catch is both hellies are not for A To A combat rather A To G combat so hardly matters which one is better the one who performs as per the rerquirements on the given day is better

LCH was designed for high altitude CAS and anty armour anty personell and anty bunker type roles to carry medium load to high altitutde not high load to medium altitude
we know the role of the lch but the role of the z-10 is scetchy. remember it can fly in enviroments near to that of the lch only having a 100m less cervice ceiling and its higher climb rate but i will gloss over that and the minus the newer engine they plan to install. and say we dont know the capabilities of the z-10 so its not worth comparing

we know the role of the lch but the role of the z-10 is scetchy. remember it can fly in enviroments near to that of the lch only having a 100m less cervice ceiling and its higher climb rate but i will gloss over that and the minus the newer engine they plan to install. and say we dont know the capabilities of the z-10 so its not worth comparing
thing is LCH is in no oppostion to Z10 in international market and we cant in near future going to have mass manufacturing skills as that of china plus the fact first 200 LCH will be used by IA & IAF only then there is any hope for LCH to be exported

one more fact LCH in its TD4 format has lost almost 400 Kg as compared to its TD1 format which had a wieght of 5800Kgs which still work is done to shed some extra kilos maybe around 50-100 and new version of engine is also planned with more power rest you can speculate yourself

thing is LCH is in no oppostion to Z10 in international market and we cant in near future going to have mass manufacturing skills as that of china plus the fact first 200 LCH will be used by IA & IAF only then there is any hope for LCH to be exported
the z-10 is not even for export only the z-19e is the only chinese attack chopper avaliable for export.
pakistan being in a good position with china they got the z-10.

Back
Top Bottom