What's new

IDEF 2013 Turkey: Updates & Discussions

Guys, I got a favor to ask.

Is there anyone here that is a member at TRMilitary? If so, can you post in an IDEF related thread (named: "İDEF'13 Fuarı") and ask one of the members there that are going to attend the fair to ask a question to the Otokar staff about the Cobra 2.
The question would be about the V-Hull shape and if it is still present in the Cobra 2, and how Cobra 2 compares to Cobra 1 when it comes to mine's and IED's etc.

I would've posted on the site myself, but I wasn't able to register to the site. The registrations are only open on Sunday's apparently.
You could send a pm to Deno about the issue.

Do we have news or photos related to Aselsan's Mortar Detection Radar ?

ASELSAN tarafından özgün olarak tasarlanan ve geliştirilen Havan Tespit Radarı, görüş hattında bulunan havan mermilerinin tespit ve takibini yaparak, mermilerin çıkış ve düşüş yerlerini buluyor. Havanlar, top ve obüslere kıyasla düşük maliyetli ve kolay taşınan silahlar olması nedeni ile özellikle terör amaçlı saldırılarda engebeli arazi koşullarında sıklıkla kullanılıyor. Havanların hangi açıdan geleceği bilinmediğinden tespit edecek radarın 360° kapsama sağlaması önemli. Havan Tespit Radarı, yanca 360° elektronik tarama ve her türlü engebeli arazi koşulunda çalışmak amacıya arazi silueti tarama yeteneğine sahiptir. Bu sayede diğer silah tespit radarlarından çok daha etkin kullanım imkanı sağlayacak. Ayrıca bu radar ile tespit edilen hedeflerin harita üzerinde gösterimi ve hedefin ateş altına alınıp etkisiz hale getirilmesi amacıyla hedef bilgilerinin anında Atış Destek Sistemi’ne (ADOP) iletilmesi de mümkün. Havan Tespit Radarı, 6 km menzile sahip ve aynı anda atılan 5 havan mermisinin çıkış yerini hesaplayabiliyor. Modüler tasarımı sayesinde üçayak sehpa (tripod) üzerinde, kule/bina üzerine yerleştirilerek veya araçta yükseltilebilir mast üzerinde kullanılabilir. 2o14 yılında envantere girmesi planlanan sistemin ilk kez sergilendiği IDEF Fuarı’nın ardından uluslararası arenada da dikkat çekmesi bekleniyor

Do we have news or photos related to Aselsan's Mortar Detection Radar ?

195x5i.jpg

Roketsan unveils new smart munition

missile.jpg

Turkish weapons manufacturer Roketsan plans to test-fire its new Smart Micro Munition from the Anka medium altitude long endurance UAV, the company has revealed.

A Roketsan spokesman told Shephard the Smart Micro Munition would likely be integrated and flight tested on the Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) Anka before the end of the year, stated.

The spokesman said the weapon had been developed for use for UAV classes and light attack aircraft where payload weight was a critical factor. The munition weighs less than 50lb and is less than 1m in length.

‘The munition uses the UMTAS [anti-tank missile] laser seeker without that weapon’s engine. It is designed to be used in platforms where weight is critical. It is dropped from a designated altitude and with the help of the seeker is able to manoeuvre to the target without an engine,’ the spokesman explained.

According to company literature released at the exhibition, the weapon has a maximum range of 8km, depending on the launch altitude, and has a blast fragmentation warhead for use against soft targets.

The company has already carried out ground tests of the munition and plans to start flight tests presently, including the integration with the Anka UAV. Production is expected to commence before the end of the year.

Roketsan is also moving ahead with the development of the UMTAS anti-tank missile, displaying a long range variant dubbed L-UMTAS, which has a range of 8 km.

The company plans to carry out a series of flight tests on the T-129 ATAK helicopter in July to demonstrate the capabilities of the missile’s IR seeker. It will then move into serial production of the missile in mid-2014 as deliveries begin of the UMTAS alongside the full ATAK-standard T-129B attack helicopter.

TAI has already test-fired a laser-guided UMTAS from one of the interim T-129 helicopters, displaying footage of a successful test from 8 km as well as a test firing of the Cirit laser guided missile during the exhibition.

Source: IDEF 2013: Roketsan unveils new smart munition - News - Shephard

Back
Top Bottom