What's new

IDEF 2013 Turkey: Updates & Discussions

6qCry5b.jpg

Baykuş;4265223 said:
It would be a very vise decision to reduce the variety among the vehicles in our inventory, IMO, considering logistics, crew training, modularity and simplicity. I'm thinking of a structure similar to the following:

MBT:
- Otokar Altay​

IFV:
- Otokar TulPar​

APC:
- Otokar Arma​

MRAP:
- Otokar Kaya​
since we no longer can acquire anymore BMC Kirpi:s

To answer your question; yes, since we don't have a dedicated IFV platform, we should go for the Tulpar and make it accompany our Altay tanks.

With other words; long live Otokar! :happy:

Better to have more than one local supplier so they keep coming up with better designs , if Otokar did not have strong competition from FNNS they would have never came up with Tulpar.

This is the beauty of competition and free market economies it forces suppliers to innovate and come up with better designs .

Better to have more than one local supplier so they keep coming up with better designs , if Otokar did not have strong competition from FNNS they would have never came up with Tulpar.

This is the beauty of competition and free market economies it forces suppliers to innovate and come up with better designs .

Of course, but AFAIK the only thing Otokar's biggest rival, FNSS, can counter with is their 6x6 and 8x8 variants of the Pars APC. They basically don't have anything else to compete with regarding the other vehicle types - that is if you don't count their numerous M113 based derivatives...

Baykuş;4265540 said:
Of course, but AFAIK the only thing Otokar's biggest rival, FNSS, can counter with is their 6x6 and 8x8 variants of the Pars APC. They basically don't have anything else to compete with regarding the other vehicle types - that is if you don't count their numerous M113 based derivatives...

Maybe next IDEF we will see an new IFV frim FNSS ,Turkish Armed Forces has only order 250+ Altays ,Anka and T-129 and a new MPT.

They need also too an new Wheeled IFV ,Arma versus AV-8 .

Trust FNSS Guy´s ,I mean the new SPAAG Programm Vehicle is nothing new but it can Swim ,TULPAR can do this not.

Baykuş;4265540 said:

I just was pointing out the advantage of having several local suppliers , for instance when BMC went bankrupt and failed to deliver their order to the Turkish Army , otokar was ready to fill the gap .

I even see other local defence companies in Turkey trying to compete Like Hema and nurol , its good to see 4-5 local suppliers competing .

Maybe next IDEF we will see an new IFV frim FNSS ,Turkish Armed Forces has only order 250+ Altays ,Anka and T-129 and a new MPT.

Trust FNSS Guy´s ,I mean the new SPAAG Programm Vehicle is nothing new but it can Swim ,TULPAR can do this not.

you mean an Armed Anka next year

Cooperation Between Turkey-Egypt (9.5.2013)

The Prime Minister of Turkish Republic HE Recep Tayyip Erdogan received the Minister of Defense and Military Production of the Arab Republic of Egypt HE Abdul Fattah Khalil Al-Sisi on Thursday, May 9th. They reviewed the growing close strategic cooperation between their two brotherly countries. Out of the discussions that took place during General Al-Sisi's visit to Turkey to attend IDEF 2013 Military Exhibition, the two countries agreed Turkey will make available Turkish Eximbank credits in the amount of 250M US Dollars to fund Egyptian - Turkish joint defense production and procurement specially in areas related to protecting borders and coast guard equipments.

Mısır ve Türkiye Arasında Savunma Sanayii İşbirliği (9.5.2013)

I just was pointing out the advantage of having several local suppliers , for instance when BMC went bankrupt and failed to deliver their order to the Turkish Army , otokar was ready to fill the gap .

I even see other local defence companies in Turkey trying to compete Like Hema and nurol , its good to see 4-5 local suppliers competing .

you mean an Armed Anka next year

No i mean the unarmed.

You might be right about that Tulpar cannot swim, but lets not forget that we are comparing a IFV almost as big as a MBT with a APC that initially was designed to have a light aluminium chassis, be air-droppable and not so well armed - don't know if FNSS has changed its chassis, though. Both vehicles got completely different tasks, so it won't be fair to compare their abilities, performances nor armament. I'm just saying that FNSS has nothing to compete with against Otokar's Tulpar.

Btw, a general question; has TSK officially laid out a plan to acquire wheeled or tracked IFVs? If so, any details about their requirements?

I absolutely agree with you about that, brother. But - sadly - this is not the case at the moment. FNSS and other domestic suppliers needs to work hard to keep up against Otokar. But as madmusti already mentioned, things might - and hopefully will - change until the next IDEF :)

Pfeil_oben.jpg

29:55

Thats the Points ,thats why FNSS !

@Baykuş

No ,TSK has not ordered any new Tracked IFV ,they dont have need in that Case.

Maybe next IDEF we will see From FNSS a Rival to Otokar.

The Best Thing in my Opinion from IDEF 2013 is the T-129.

Gunner & Pilot can change their ROLE :) ONly in T-129 , this is Genius !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
ISLAMABAD: "Pakistan Pavilion," established in the 11th International Defence Industry Fair (IDEF) 2013 held at Istanbul from 7-10 May, attracted a large number of visitors and prospective buyers.
Pakistani stalls were one of the most visible and frequently visited, said a message received here on Friday.
Leading defence manufacturing companies from Pakistan participated in the fair.
Participating companies include: Pakistan Ordinance Factories (POF), National Engineering and Scientific Commission (NESCOM), Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT), Defence Export Promotion Organization (DEPO), Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC), Military Vehicles Research & Development Establishment (MVRDE), National Radio And Telecommunication Corporation (NTRC), Global Industrial & Defence Solutions (GIDS), etc.
Pakistan's Secretary for Defence Production Lt. Gen. Shahid Iqbal (Retd) led the Pakistan delegation to the event.
The delegation also includes Chairman NESCOM Mr. Muhammad Irfan Burney, Chairman POF Lt. Gen. Muhammad Ahsan Mahmood, Chairman HIT Lt. Gen. Syed Wajid Hussain, Chairman PAC Air Marshal Sohail Gul Khan, Ambassador of Pakistan to Turkey Mr. Muhammad Haroon Shaukat, Managing Director MVRDE Maj. Gen. Rehan Abdul Baqi, and other high officials.
Members of the Pakistan delegation held meetings with their Turkish counterparts and other visiting delegations from the Middle East, Africa and Europe.
Pakistan's participation in the fair came on the heels of a successful defence exhibition "International Defence Exhibition and Seminar" or IDEAS 2012 it recently organized in Karachi.
Pakistan offered high tech air and ground equipment and hardware for sale which manifests the country has achieved self sufficiency in many fields.
Pakistan's defence industry not only meets the requirements of its Armed Forces, but also exports defence products to many friendly countries.
Such export is not only contributing to economic growth, but also trying to maintain a balance between defence spending and national development.
The biennial IDEF fair is held under the auspices and support of the Ministry of National Defence of Turkey and managed by Turkish Armed Forces Foundation, and organized by Tayap Fairs & Exhibitions Organization Inc.
A total of 800 Turkish and foreign companies and company representatives from 49 countries, as well as ministers and military chiefs from several countries attended this event.
Copyright APP (Associated Press of Pakistan), 2013

Back
Top Bottom