What's new

Ideas- New Weapons and Technology for India

BrahMos II is a hypersonic cruise missile that has been lab tested with a speed of Mach 5.26 that will make it the fastest cruise missile in the world beating Brahmos 1.

Show me one missile system that can intercept Hypersonic cruise missiles at this speed?? apart from future laser tech perhaps

---------- Post added at 06:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 AM ----------

Of course. Ballistic missiles are even faster and are more difficult to intercept.

faster than hypersonic cruise??

A hypersonic cruise missile would travel at least 5 times the speed of sound.

Ballistic missiles do not travel faster :disagree:

Of course. Ballistic missiles are even faster and are more difficult to intercept.
Yeah but you forget the point that they are not used for interception purposes. Funny, if you have this policy in your army then it is a nice way finishing your ballistic missile stockpile. I don't know then why does india even worry from China.

Given the reaction time, it'll be tough to intercept.

Depends on far you shoot it from.

low low low mode is only 120Km for current Brahmos. Still has a lot of infrared, and radar emissions due to its size and speed.

High High High mode is 290Km but is easily detected due to its route.

Tough to intercept for a small navy but easy for a Navy with SMs, Asters, and Rifs.

Yeah but you forget the point that they are not used for interception purposes. Funny, if you have this policy in your army then it is a nice way finishing your ballistic missile stockpile. I don't know then why does india even worry from China.

Don't worry. We always make more

A hypersonic cruise missile would travel at least 5 times the speed of sound.

Ballistic missiles do not travel faster :disagree:

Thats not true always, here's the data of Trident ICBM
Purpose: strategic nuclear deterrence
Unit Cost: US$30.9 million
Range: 11,300 kilometres (7,000 mi)
Maximum speed: > 6,000 m/s (>21,000 km/h, >13,422 mph).
Guidance system: inertial, with Star-Sighting, GPS experiments done. but not deployed.
CEP: Requirement...90–120 m (300–400 ft) That demonstrated by flight tests is significantly better.
Warhead (in USA usage only): nuclear MIRV. Up to eight W88 (475 kt) warheads (Mark 5) or eight W76 (100 kt) warheads (Mark 4). The Trident II can carry 12 MIRV warheads but START I reduces this to 8 and SORT reduces this yet further to 4 or 5.

What m saying is that Brahmos II is a hypersonic cruise missile, and it'll fly close the surface thus hard to detect. And given the range of about 300-400km, successful interception chance is very little.

You expect us know all about military hardwares?
Common man! these are classified data, normal guys like us ain't suppose to know all that. We are here to learn just like u

Shair your Ideas but not if you think absolute classified it might drawn attention of people of defence. aryan gave nice Idea of Reactive Armour for ship. you may give some simple Idea instead of technology.

Ballistic missiles like the DF 21 are high hypersonic. I.E mach 10 plus.

But those have to re enter orbit these are hypersonic cruise missiles

there are big diffrences between a Ballistic missile and a hypersonic one, the flight of the thing for one

But those have to re enter orbit these are hypersonic cruise missiles

You said they are faster. You were wrong.

hypersonic cruise missiles are not the miracle weapon you make it out to be.

current SMs are capable of intercepting missiles up to mach 14.

Thats not true always, here's the data of Trident ICBM
Purpose: strategic nuclear deterrence
Unit Cost: US$30.9 million
Range: 11,300 kilometres (7,000 mi)
Maximum speed: > 6,000 m/s (>21,000 km/h, >13,422 mph).
Guidance system: inertial, with Star-Sighting, GPS experiments done. but not deployed.
CEP: Requirement...90–120 m (300–400 ft) That demonstrated by flight tests is significantly better.
Warhead (in USA usage only): nuclear MIRV. Up to eight W88 (475 kt) warheads (Mark 5) or eight W76 (100 kt) warheads (Mark 4). The Trident II can carry 12 MIRV warheads but START I reduces this to 8 and SORT reduces this yet further to 4 or 5.

What m saying is that Brahmos II is a hypersonic cruise missile, and it'll fly close the surface thus hard to detect. And given the range of about 300-400km, successful interception chance is very little.

After this do yoi beleve u r common man? How many common man know about this and stealth and others? No one of this forum is common they are Unique.

But still hypersonic cruise missiles are better than subsonic ones for the obvious reasons, coz' there's no margin of error. They follow the doctrine of You miss I hit harder. :lol:
bdw can you give some examples of SAMs coapable of intercepting missiles of speed mach 14?

That argument is like trying to hit a pin with another pin near impossible 90% of the time

After this do yoi beleve u r common man? How many common man know about this and stealth and others? No one of this forum is common they are Unique.

Everything is off wikipedia, m no DRDO, ISRO scientist :rofl:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom