ICC backs Saeed Ajmal's bowling action

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Updated 5 hours ago
NEW DELHI: The International Cricket Council on Monday backed Saeed Ajmal's controversial bowling action following reports that India had complained about the Pakistan off-spinner.

Indian television channel NDTV, quoting unnamed sources, said the team management had spoken to the ICC about Ajmal's action after Sunday's Asia Cup match between the arch-rivals in Dhaka.

ICC chief executive Haroon Lorgat, however, clarified that the governing body saw no problem in the off-spinner's bowling style.

"We have tested Ajmal, checked him and monitored him in match situations, and found he bowls within the allowed degrees of tolerance," Lorgat told the Times Now news channel.

"We must be careful at what the eye sees and what the reality is," Lorgat said.

Ajmal claimed the wicket of batting superstar Sachin Tendulkar as India produced their best ever one-day chase to surpass Pakistan's commanding 329-6 with five wickets and 13 balls to spare.

It was the first match between India and Pakistan since the World Cup semi-final at Mohali in March last year.

The 34-year-old Ajmal, who has played 20 Tests and 63 one-dayers since his international debut in 2008, has found himself under the spotlight several times due to his action.

He was first reported by match officials during a one-day series against Australia in the United Arab Emirates in 2009, but was later cleared to play after remedial work was done on his action.

Doubts about his action were again raised during the recent Tests against England at the same venue, but both the ICC and the Pakistan Cricket Board absolved Ajmal of any wrongdoing. (AFP)
AFP

Updated 5 hours ago
NEW DELHI: The International Cricket Council on Monday backed Saeed Ajmal's controversial bowling action following reports that India had complained about the Pakistan off-spinner.

Indian television channel NDTV, quoting unnamed sources, said the team management had spoken to the ICC about Ajmal's action after Sunday's Asia Cup match between the arch-rivals in Dhaka.

ICC chief executive Haroon Lorgat, however, clarified that the governing body saw no problem in the off-spinner's bowling style.

"We have tested Ajmal, checked him and monitored him in match situations, and found he bowls within the allowed degrees of tolerance," Lorgat told the Times Now news channel.

"We must be careful at what the eye sees and what the reality is," Lorgat said.

Ajmal claimed the wicket of batting superstar Sachin Tendulkar as India produced their best ever one-day chase to surpass Pakistan's commanding 329-6 with five wickets and 13 balls to spare.

It was the first match between India and Pakistan since the World Cup semi-final at Mohali in March last year.

The 34-year-old Ajmal, who has played 20 Tests and 63 one-dayers since his international debut in 2008
, has found himself under the spotlight several times due to his action.

He was first reported by match officials during a one-day series against Australia in the United Arab Emirates in 2009, but was later cleared to play after remedial work was done on his action.

Doubts about his action were again raised during the recent Tests against England at the same venue, but both the ICC and the Pakistan Cricket Board absolved Ajmal of any wrongdoing. (AFP)
AFP

What a shame...I can't believe he got his international debut at the age of 30-31....Indians are termed as the best bowler of spin and i can vouch for it that they had no clue about how to play him...Can someone explain why were Pakistani selectors sleeping all these years??

i will not blame bowlers or players for this. it is the ICC which is to be blamed coz they don't have proper rules for bowling. every bowler comes out clear after ICC investigation. what kind of bowling rules ICC have??????

i will not blame bowlers or players for this. it is the ICC which is to be blamed coz they don't have proper rules for bowling. every bowler comes out clear after ICC investigation. what kind of bowling rules ICC have??????
Pakistan 7 ft bowler Shabbir was banned by ICC forever due to action. New talent already wasted due to action.
Ajmal action is right and well in limitations as described by ICC many times.

^^^^^^^^

no one can be banned permanently for bowling action, one can improve the action & make a come back.

lol @ Indian team...
They are trying to distract us stupidly knowing that ICC has cleared him...
Sachin is a good player but sorry he cannot always get 100, especially against Pakistan... History has shown that...

hatereagle.jpg

than harbhajan should be banned to ajmal goes to 8 degress and harbhajan goes to 14 degress ICC limit is 15 degress so who should be banned first than all harbhajan wickets should be considered nil and most of indian victories nill and one more thing if sachin your master cannot pick him he is not a master for me what kind of master playing a kid shot against ajmal

india knows kholi and sachin will sruggle in finals

Now this is what I never expected from Indians... I thought English and Oz were the ones who suffer this sort of cramps.

BTW Harbhajan's action is also suspicious!

^^^^^^^^^^

i also agree with that. indians should not have complained abt ajmal's action. it was not in good taste. when i heard this news i was like WTF is wrong with indian team management. i think this has proved that indian batsmen are worried abt facing ajmal.

Now this is what I never expected from Indians... I thought English and Oz were the ones who suffer this sort of cramps.

BTW Harbhajan's action is also suspicious!

It was drama to compensate Harron Lorgat's role in expulsion of Pakistan's top bowlers, Mohammad Amir & Asif.

Since than Pakistan is handicapped.

Shabbir-s action was perfect but this Lorgat guy is appointed just to handicap Pakistan cricket team.

It was drama to compensate Harron Lorgat's role in expulsion of Pakistan's top bowlers, Mohammad Amir & Asif.

Since than Pakistan is handicapped.

Shabbir-s action was perfect but this Lorgat guy is appointed just to handicap Pakistan cricket team.

Even though his action was perfectly fine but he still modified it a great deal which subsequently lessened his efficacy. He undoubtedly is a great seamer but unfortunately no more available for the team.

When Oz and English would dominate the ICC the teams of Asia would unite always, but now since India enjoys the luxury it instead of intensifying the block is busy pulling the legs.

oh Indian cricket board ki management ko har baat pe sawal karne ki aadat hoti hai ...Ignore them...

ICC already cleared it couple of years ago, they cleared again after the England series... they will clear it every time as the action is scientifically proven and 100% correct

If any nation is in doubt, they are free to contact to ICC and they can re-check it :)

^^^^^^^^^^

i also agree with that. indians should not have complained abt ajmal's action. it was not in good taste. when i heard this news i was like WTF is wrong with indian team management. i think this has proved that indian batsmen are worried abt facing ajmal.

What are you talking mate?? If i find a particular action suspicious what should i do?? b/w Ajmal went for over 5 in the last match and got only one wicket...I am not trying to downplay him - he is a great threat and Indian batsmen struggled against him but saying that Indians are afraid to face him is taking the argument a little beyond it should be....The more we will face him, more we will learn about him, more the chance we will be able to negate the threat...Mendis was one such bowler who initially troubled us a lot but after few interactions that threat was negated...

Anyhow i wish Sri Lanka do is a favor today because i am looking forward for Sachin Vs Ajmal once again...

B/W can someone please reply to post#2...What took PCB so long to find him??

after the WC semis, the Indians media also got up this hooha.

Back
Top Bottom