What's new

ICC 2010 Twenty20 World Cup THREAD

Irfan Blog: "Irfan's all set for an English Summer"

PakPassion.net has learnt that Pakistan’s towering pace prospect, Mohammad Irfan, has signed a one year deal with Moddershall Cricket Club to take part in the Premier Division of the North Staffordshire & South Cheshire League in the upcoming season.

The 27 year old left-arm paceman is currently attending the pre World Cup training camp at the National Cricket Academy in Lahore with the national team. The training camp runs from 29th March to 19th April and presents Irfan with a valuable opportunity to work with Waqar Younis.

A team mate of Irfan's at Moddershall spoke to PakPassion.net and stated “The season starts on 17th April and we hope that he will be in England for the start of the season. If not the start, then very early into the season. We hope that all of his immigration papers are sorted out as these days the whole immigration process for overseas cricketers is a bit of a nightmare”.

The stint at Moddershall will be Irfan’s first experience of cricket in the UK and with recent temperatures dropping, Irfan would be advised to pack several long sleeved jumpers.

Moddershall, who were crowned league champions in 2008, are looking to strengthen their squad with added bowling options and it is no surprise that Irfan was on their radar. The towering paceman has an outstanding combination of exceptional control and the ability to cause extra trouble for the batsmen with his height. The Moddershall team member is well aware of the talent Irfan possesses and added “we were looking for a fast bowler and got to know about Irfan by looking through the domestic stats for the recently finished season. We also had a contact at KRL who recommended Irfan to us and said he was a standout bowler. “His height will undoubtedly trouble a lot of league batsmen, especially if he can extract extra bounce.”

The North Staffordshire & South Cheshire League, is a top level competition in the North of England and has attracted many Pakistani players over the years. “We've had Imran Tahir play for us twice in the past and guys like Fazal E Akbar have performed really well in this league” stated the Moddershall player. Other Pakistani players taking part in this division for the coming season will be Shabbir Ahmed, Yasir Ali and Saeed Anwar Junior.

“The Premier division is a decent standard” the teammate said “I hope Irfan can adjust to league cricket and the challenges it presents.The stint in England’s premier division presents Irfan with an opportunity to get valuable match experience and will prove to be highly beneficial for Irfan’s career advancement". Apart from spending time on the field, the teammate stated “Irfan will be studying for an ECB Level 2 coaching qualification, so he will need to work hard on his English if he wants to come back to England and play in 2011 and beyond.”

We wish Irfan the best of luck in his stint in England and we hope that day isn’t far when we will see him getting the coveted green cap.

Giant M Irfan

MohammadIrfanandShoaibAkhtar_original.jpg

pak passion is saying he was selected for T20 international team, how comes hes not playing??

what happeneD?

pak passion is saying he was selected for T20 international team, how comes hes not playing??

what happeneD?

Two reasons

1) May be politics.
2) May be he wasnt in top 30 list for T20 selection that was send to ICC early this year.

But Razzaq was also selected in 2009 WC, y not he.

May be the reason 2 is the right reason

@frenken yes you are right if we do work to improve our fielding and batting then we can create a major difference among other teams... I wish Pakistani team to be successful against Australia!

Go with the will of Allah and make us all Proud........:tup:

Good luck team PAKISTAN.......:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

Zakir bhae thanks loads for wishing us luck and for prayers.......

Hard work and discipline would be the key today....mental pressure, i hope our team would be able to handle as Lankans yesteday, in my opinion just were too nervous to do anything....

Lets see.....

Zakir bhae thanks loads for wishing us luck and for prayers.......

Hard work and discipline would be the key today....mental pressure, i hope our team would be able to handle as Lankans yesteday, in my opinion just were too nervous to do anything....

Lets see.....

Pakistan made to semi because it has what takes to win game. I think team will over come all barrier and perform like it never done before.

I am counting on my favorite of all favorite Afridi bhai to gift us with rain of sixes.......:smokin:

I hope Pakistani darke na kheinlein. The batsmen have seemed a little scared of the ball. Pakki shots nahi maarte like other teams. There was a time when we were champions of hitting sixes, now other teams are.

Notice how Razzaq plays. He is not afraid of any ball. That is the spirit you need for T20. Don't be afraid of the ball. Rest have fun, the team is down, lots of players missing this is anyway a lot more than what was expected of them.

Back
Top Bottom