What's new

ICC 2010 Twenty20 World Cup THREAD

pakistanis willl not like your IPL, shove it up your arse

for the semis, i must say, afridi should make changes this time, he should include youngster hammad azam this time and muhammad asif should open in the bowling instead of muhammad sami. we should enter in semis as a strong team.

My prediction is winner of Aus vs Pak would also take the CUP .

I just noticed semi-final is on FRIDAY , if Pakistan wins again UMAR AKMAL will be highest paid Cricketer in IPl-4 ,
I want him for my side Kings x1 Punjab .

We may not be playing IPL-4 because PCB may not permit players to play IPL thanks to the politics invovled in IPL-3

Never mind , just my wish .
No need to flame ,

@Zaki , i think i have seen you in shoutbox of *** (Hello)
Yeah , you are rt , Politics .
But i think India is to play a bilateral series with Pakistan in pakistan , lets see any compromise theory works out . India travels to pakistan and vice-versa for IPl . Afterall 2 new teams added in IPL

Last edited:
We may not be playing IPL-4 because PCB may not permit players to play IPL thanks to the politics invovled in IPL-3

PCB has already rejected sending Sialkot Stallions for Champions League South Africa..may be untill and unless MODI is removed from its chairmanship.

Well indians should blame their media and cricket personnels for over rating indian cricket team n players too much, winning world cup for once doesn't mean that u will win every time as was associated with indian team in previous t20 world cup and this one also but the result is same both time lost all the super 8 games,statements like these " Yeh world cup ab kahin nahin jayega" from everyone including cricket personnel, media and bollywood actors lead them to a coz either indian team was over confident or they were under huge pressure ,

Playing for IPL where every jadeja typ of bowler can take 6 wickets or pathan can hit 100 from 40 odd balls against teams which are blend of national, international and local players not jelling together or either playing ti fill their pockets is a hell different story from an international event where every country wants to win for his nation and make its country proud

When Sri Lankan innings started and couple of wickets were down especially one of Jayawardane's then i thought its over for lanka and went to sleep but at 2:35am i got a msg and was shocked that SL won by 5 wickets .

i must say poor team selection and captaincy by dhoni i mean when you are known for your batting and are a good batting side then why the hell you want to go with one bowler short and playing with extra batsman that was an awfully defensive approach,and the fault was fully exploited by SL last night when inspite of loosing 2 wickets early special the in form M.J Sri Lanka went on to chase 163 on a slowish track with 5 wickets remaining

And one thing indian commentators really looked biased during the match as they were praising indian batsman and their shot so much during their batting i expected this from Ravi Shastri and Sunil Gavaskar but Sanjay Manjeraikar surprised me with his biasedness i mean the job of a commentator is to be neutral not to only praise their team previously it was associated with Ian Chappel but indian commentator broke his record

If any of indian members disagree with me in this regard then they must watch highlights again n figure it out

First of all, thanks to Almighty Allah: Afridi

By Ahmed Waheed
May 12, 2010

KARACHI: Statisticians were left baffled and cricket gurus scratching their head when Pakistan pulled off a shock semi-final qualification on Monday, which can be described as nothing short of miraculous.

The qualification, which required them to win over a steady South Africa and group leaders England to win over New Zealand seemed unlikely. And with a qualifying campaign which included a dependency on Australia beating Bangladesh, failing captaincy, batting collapses, dubious replacements, consistent losses and dropped catches, none were expecting Pakistan to even make it past the second round.

But come South Africa, Pakistan fired exactly when they needed to with superb catches, a one-two from the Akmal brothers – to bring Pakistan out of a dismal 18 for 3 after just four overs – and wicket-taking spinners to set up at least one portion of the victory conditions. Yet the odds were still stacked against them with the Kiwis putting up a fighting 149 run total and with England lacking would-be father Kevin Pietersen’s firepower, a strange sense of dejavu prevailed amongst millions of Pakistani fans as they found themselves praying for an English victory.

Here we go again

Pakistan’s qualification ‘methods’ were indeliberate and reactionary rather than planned and targeted and looked like a recast of the 1992 World Cup, when Imran Khan’s “cornered tigers” (underdogs) won, exactly when it mattered the most, yet needed a lot of help from lady luck, as well as England. Pakistan had won only one of their first five matches and looked to be headed for a first round exit, only to win their last three pool games (including against previously undefeated New Zealand in their final pool match).

New Zealand lost only two games in the tournament, both against Pakistan who had a slightly lower run-rate than Australia, but received one point from their match against England which they looked set to lose (having made just 74 all out) until rain intervened. 17 years later, after getting thrashed earlier by England, Pakistan were rescued by the same team, who beat New Zealand to help Pakistan make the final-four, yet again, on net run-rate.

Looking ahead

With Australia as Pakistan’s next likely opponents, the men in green will have to perform even better than they did against South Africa, given that the luck afforded to them by round-robin tournament structures will be replaced by knock-outs. Afridi’s men will be clear underdogs, meaning they won’t have anything to lose. Moreover, Pakistan’s batsmen will prefer to take the Australian bowlers head-on, given the kind of wicket at St Lucia.

Pakistan now have momentum and anything is possible in Twenty20. What we can realistically expect them to do is to put in their best when it matters and hope for luck, momentum, a few stellar performance and the heavens to be on their side.

First of all, thanks to Almighty Allah: Afridi – The Express Tribune

well mujhe india k haarne pe eik shair aya ha n i want to share it with you, and this shair is with a bit of surf excel touch

Arz kiya ha

Dagh tau chala jayega
Par yeh wakt phir nahin ayega,

Baray maan se kehtay thay tum Shastri
K yeh worldcup ab kahin nahin jayega,

Indian team tau agli flight se arahi ha ghar
Tau ab worldcup kiya tumhara mama layega.

well mujhe india ki haarne pe eik shair bohat aya ha n i want to share it with you,mera apna banay hua shair ha,and this shair is with a bit of surf excel touch

Arz kiya ha

Dagh tau chala jayega
Par yeh wakt phir nahin ayega,

Baray maan se kehtay thay tum Shastri
K yeh worldcup kahin nahin jayega,

Indian team tau agli flight searahi ha ghar
Tau ab worldcup kiya tumhara **** layega.

dont over react dude
pakistan abhi WC jeeta nahi hai ..... semi me bhi har sakta hai

This is actually over-reaction to failure .

T20 is not that easy game for Bowlers , we have seen Bowlers like Broad and Bret Lee smashed for sixes by Yuvraj .

Even Sami was hit for 25 runs in single over few days back , does that mean SAMI is bad bowler or is Broad that bad??? No

Jadeja dint even play in IPL , He was banned .
He is a good cricketer , so is Pathan.
Its just that like Sehwag , yuvraj , Dhoni , Zaheer they are also having Bad-Patch.

And people saying Over-hyping Indian Team and overrating is not true- IPL has give us players like Raina, Kohli, RP singh , vinay kumar
These are quality players out there - if you say Yuvraj and Dhoni can only perform at club levels not at Big-stage ( its your opinion ).
They had a bad run , i am sure they will bounce back , and once these players get their form they will perform again.

BTW good luck to AFRIDI - Every thing is in Pakistan's favour .
Friday , No tiredness as they dint participate in IPL, Team's Moral is high, they are Champions of last time so Experience is much more than AUS.

hahahahahahahaha INDIAN Media at its best :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Another bollywood indian media news (i think its not same)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll pray for the success of Pakistan in T20 semi.....

and i won't mind if they lose and give us a good show.

Afterall there is a new captain,just one fast bowler(Razzak being a medium pacer),with certain players ,playing as mere spectators.

Hope they don't drop any catch against the aussies,and get a couple of lucky runouts in the field......Then we got the game.:pakistan:

^^^^^^^^
What are you saying -
SAMI and ASIF are good bowlers , just that they had bad game or two . Now thats too harsh on them

Zaki bhai I was expecting the same reaction from Indian media. Yeh chehrai daish kai mujrim hain.

:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom