What's new

IAF vice-chief prefers reverse engg to build defence systems

The Vice Chief is pragmatism re-defined. We are the champs at reverse-engineering (re-engineering) pharmaceutical molecules as generics and have already given global majors a run for their money.

And the fact that good things have been happening to India's indigenous defence efforts, but far too late in time is a fact. I think India is a huge country and there is scope for both re-engineering and completely indigenous paths.

The DPSUs since they have the budget, resources and govt mandate can carry on the way they are while private establishments can start JVs with foreign majors initially manufacturing, then designing and later going it alone a la Bajaj Piaggio in scooter production.

The private companies may not focus exclusively on Indian Defence needs, they can cater to the world market with advantages of low R & D/precision manufacturing costs. The defence forces of India will have the option of choosing products from both streams depending on which one is more capable at any point of time.

Not all of PLAAF assets are located on the Indian borders. Defending your territory and attacking anothers is a different story. Eventually the PLAAF would overwhelm the IAF, but not after taking massive casualties and then the US will intervene, after which the war will be lost.

I hope to god that China doesn't decide to go to war for Pakistan sake.

Not all of PLAAF assets are located on the Indian borders. Defending your territory and attacking anothers is a different story. Eventually the PLAAF would overwhelm the IAF, but not after taking massive casualties and then the US will intervene, after which the war will be lost.

I hope to god that China doesn't decide to go to war for Pakistan sake.

China and Pakistan going to war with India alone? I doubt if IAF stands a chance.. Though it would affect world economy and might pave way for regional conflict, but why would you say that USA will intervene? I mean intervene diplomatically or militarily?

sorry but i don't think we can afford to deploy most of them against india, otherwise the USN would be docking in hong kong. the majority of our planes are in the east deployed against South Korea, Japan, Taiwan and US Navy. We have to be ready to initiate offensive actions on 2 fronts, in the South China Sea and on the Korean Peninsula, unfortunately we'll be adopting a defensive stance in the southwest.

However if necessary even low end planes like J-7, J-8 and J-10 under guidance of AWACs can take out Su-30 with BVR missiles.

also, our 3000 J-6's that were retired have already started conversion into unmanned aircraft. If necessary they can be equipped with cruise missile software to act as 3000 long range missiles.

any war with india would have to be decided with our cruise missiles. in fact, any war with anyone, would depend on our land, air and missile forces primarily, especially offensive action on the korean peninsula.

China and Pakistan going to war with India alone? I doubt if IAF stands a chance.. Though it would affect world economy and might pave way for regional conflict, but why would you say that USA will intervene? I mean intervene diplomatically or militarily?

If China goes to war then Pakistan will follow. If China goes to war with India, the US will definitely go to war as well. Russia could do so too. Eventually it wont matter if China wins, we will be isolated from the world, trade would be close to 0, oil supply would be cut off, etc, so on and so forth. Going to war against India would be futile and completely useless for our long term goals. India and China has to be friends.

If Pakistan goes to war with India, it will be short and sweet, with a disastrous loss for Pakistan. China won't join.

Off topic....can somebody tell me what exactly Vijay Mallya is doing in the convention?:taz:

sorry but i don't think we can afford to deploy most of them against india, otherwise the USN would be docking in hong kong. the majority of our planes are in the east deployed against South Korea, Japan, Taiwan and US Navy. We have to be ready to initiate offensive actions on 2 fronts, in the South China Sea and on the Korean Peninsula, unfortunately we'll be adopting a defensive stance in the southwest.

However if necessary even low end planes like J-7, J-8 and J-10 under guidance of AWACs can take out Su-30 with BVR missiles.

also, our 3000 J-6's that were retired have already started conversion into unmanned aircraft. If necessary they can be equipped with cruise missile software to act as 3000 long range missiles.

any war with india would have to be decided with our cruise missiles. in fact, any war with anyone, would depend on our land, air and missile forces primarily, especially offensive action on the korean peninsula.

I have replied to you before, overwhelming the IAF will not be easy as you make it out to be.

I have replied to you before, overwhelming the IAF will not be easy as you make it out to be.

if we deploy everything against the IAF, they will go down very fast. their SAMs will have to respond to thousands of cruise missiles (both real, and converted J-6 drones) as well as 500 Q-5, 200 JH-7 bombers, and their aircraft would be fighting with 700 J-7, 300 J-8, 200 J-10, 200 J-11 and Su-30. Both our numeric and technological superiority in the air and in missiles is unmatched by india.

However that's useless since our main battlefield is east asia.

Nothing wrong with reverse engineering & India like other countries are doing it too, but that does not mean we have to shout & tell when so many defense deals are lined up. Immature comments by ViceAM

i would like the views of some military professionals of the forum n there say on reverse engineering.........
n guys topic is so interesting,so lets stick to it....plzzzzz...

vijay mallya-----distributing free daru...... :)

If China goes to war then Pakistan will follow. If China goes to war with India, the US will definitely go to war as well. Russia could do so too. Eventually it wont matter if China wins, we will be isolated from the world, trade would be close to 0, oil supply would be cut off, etc, so on and so forth. Going to war against India would be futile and completely useless for our long term goals. India and China has to be friends.

If Pakistan goes to war with India, it will be short and sweet, with a disastrous loss for Pakistan. China won't join.

Why would Pakistan follow China in a war against India?
Plus, Pakistan might lose on the conventional front against India, not without heavily damaging their capabilities as well.

Anyway, it's off topic so let's stop here.

i would like the views of some military professionals of the forum n there say on reverse engineering.........
n guys topic is so interesting,so lets stick to it....plzzzzz...

Haha, sure.

You have something to add?

i am expecting some pakistani member comment:cheers:

if we deploy everything against the IAF, they will go down very fast. their SAMs will have to respond to thousands of cruise missiles (both real, and converted J-6 drones) as well as 500 Q-5, 200 JH-7 bombers, and their aircraft would be fighting with 700 J-7, 300 J-8, 200 J-10, 200 J-11 and Su-30. Both our numeric and technological superiority in the air and in missiles is unmatched by india.

However that's useless since our main battlefield is east asia.

Yeah, Take saber,star fighter,supermarine attacker,hawker fury,hawker tempest,Spitfire,canberra,Harbin H5 against IAF, wow.....lol:rofl:

India just needs half of its Sukhoi 30 fleets to take them out..lol...

Yeah, Take saber,star fighter,supermarine attacker,hawker fury,hawker tempest,Spitfire,canberra,Harbin H5 against IAF, wow.....lol:rofl:

India just needs half of its Sukhoi 30 fleets to take them out..lol...

Even though it is not as funny as it seems, your post, i would say lets stick to the topic.

Back
Top Bottom