What's new

IAF to induct 200-250 fifth generation fighters

Call centre boys and girls are giving the IAF cheap ways out. .

thats the ONLY thing we are beating India at.....:victory:

Call Centers:
Nicaragua is located in a perfect time zone with the USA(Central time)..:wave:

India is half a world away...:woot:

English:

Nicaragua 80% of Call centers guys and girls have lived in the u.s.a part of their lives(I lived there for 12 years and I was 13 when I left nicaragua) so naturally our english sound more familiar to our customers

India: most of Call center guys and girls are well educated IT type guys that never had the need to leave their poor country(unlike me I am only a high school grad.. :lol: ) so most of you guys learned english in college or schools so your english is not that familiar to our customers, even if you have those expencive natvie english teachers , nothing teaches you english better than lots of American girlfriends...:yahoo:

Pay:

Nicaragua: we get paid peanuts(500$ monthly)...:frown:

India: I bet you guys get paid a whole lot more ..:pop:

and thats how tiny Nicaragua beats India....:lol:

thats the ONLY thing we are beating India at.....
Call Centers:
Nicaragua is located in a perfect time zone with the USA(Central time)..
India is half a world away...
English:

Nicaragua 80% of Call centers guys and girls have lived in the u.s.a part of their lives(I lived there for 12 years and I was 13 when I left nicaragua) so naturally our english sound more familiar to our customers

India: most of Call center guys and girls are well educated IT type guys that never had the need to leave their poor country(unlike me I am only a high school grad.. :lol: ) so most of you guys learned english in college or schools so your english is not that familiar to our customers, even if you have those expencive natvie english teachers , nothing teaches you english better than lots of American girlfriends...:yahoo:

Pay:

:lol::lol: Thats not fair..You guys are snatching our jobs:cry:

BTW we dont have expensive teachers for english..We are somehow good at it because it is taught to us from childhood..

^ What is Nicaragua doing in the thread about India's fifth generation aircraft aspiration

thats the ONLY thing we are beating India at....

Call Centers:
Nicaragua is located in a perfect time zone with the USA(Central time)..:wave:

India is half a world away.

English:

Pay:

hey can u help me,please tell me were on the map is Nicarguana:lol:

Able, but is it affordable?

YES WE CAN..........

by 2018 our GDP will be atleast 2500 bn. it means our defense budget will be 62.5 bn, which is 2.5 % of total GDP. cost 200 FGFA is $25 bn(approx.), it's mean we can spend $5 bn per year to buy it.

So a MRCA plane cost and a PAK FA cost is more or less same..?? And so is a Su 30 MKI? Sounds not so right..

I highly doubt that the MKI or SH will exceed 100 mil....unless you go for the EF wich is close to 90...:victory:

its exactly in the middle of America..:victory:

Are you mad because we have closed some of you Call centers in India?...:azn:

yes i was exactly asking so that i can spot ur nation on map for revenge:lol:

Dear Sir,

Your light-hearted post was fun to read, I am sure, for most people. It repeats some platitudes about out-sourcing, which got me thinking. The result was to put me into a bad temper, thinking about the peculiar and hugely mistaken impressions that many around the world, including you, hold in their minds.

I have written certain comments below after calming myself down, repeating certain soothing formulae to myself, and taking my hyper-tension medication. If some edge of bilious bad temper is still apparent, please consider this an explanation.

thats the ONLY thing we are beating India at.....:victory:

Victory, my left foot.

Dear young FSLN, it is all about numbers. During a tenure in Hungary, managing a real-time software development centre, the outstanding quality of Hungarian software engineers was such that it became an increasing source of worry and concern: those guys were clearly, sharply ahead of the team of 2,000 that I managed concurrently in India. The solution came to me when, wearing my other (head of one the Indian development teams) hat, I received an enquiry for an east-coast insurance organisation, one of the top organisations in the US. My first inclination was to try and take the maximum work into Hungary; the numbers I could commit were so dismal that a little bulb lit up, and the out-sourcing thing became much clearer.

Hungary is a little country of slightly over 10 million people. I am camped far from home in a rural area these days, but spend much time in a large city. The size of the city is around 12 milllion people. The number of people working on call centres here (not my line; I am from software development and IT services, specifically the real-time, within that, avionics industry) is a tiny fraction of its potential, not even 5%. In other words, there is scope for growth of 20 times in this city alone.

Taking not Hungary but a tract of land of 200 kms width, centred around an imaginary axis from Riga to Athens, I estimated a programmer population of 150,000 (trust me on the arithmetic, which doesn't matter anyway, other than to illustrate a point). That is a fraction of the number that can be deployed in India. After 'getting it' about the insurance company's needs being met from Hungary, I had to fall back on our Indian centre; there, it was possible to produce a team of 300 engineers in three months, and to ramp it up to 500 in six months. The equivalent in call centre terms, given the radically lower levels of technical competence, allowing for language training and proficiency, is about five times larger; my guess is (as an outsider) that a team of 1,500 call centre 'agents' can be deployed in three months, and that this can become 3,000 in six months. If required, in one centre.

Nicaragua, a friendly country whose Ambassadors have always been hugely impressive people of culture and distinction, is about 5.9 million people; you may deflate the Hungarian experience proportionately. You might like to look up the total population of Bangalore, my home town, just for reference; you might then consider that the 'export' turnover of Bangalore to Chennai to Hyderabad is 4 is to 2 is to 1; and Chennai is a much larger city, while Hyderabad is about the same size, but better laid out, far more 'expandable', thanks to enlightened political leadership. But these are not the call centre hubs; for language reasons (I barely managed to avoid writing linguistic reasons!), it is Gurgaon that is the geographical focus for call centres. An entire city has been built around the industry; however much I loathe it, and its sociology, and its consumerist ambience (and so on - left alone, my rant would run to pages), it is a fact, and very significant sectors are handled there, with smaller centres located in the three southern cities, in Mumbai and Pune, and in Delhi and Chandigarh. Not to forget Kolkata.

Only China, once its massive drive to learn English starts yielding results (in another two to three years), will have anywhere near the same potential.

Call Centers:
Nicaragua is located in a perfect time zone with the USA(Central time)..

India is half a world away...

Yeah, right.

You sound pretty Americanised. Do you watch horror movies? If you do, and have got tired of buzzsaws spraying blood over the lens, do this for some fun: look up the number of Indian software and outsourcing operations located in, for example, Guatemala /GUESS what the time zone IS? :-)/, Ecuador, even, I believe on the basis of a dimly-remembered conversation on the fringes of an industry conference, Nicaragua.

English:

India: most of Call center guys and girls are well educated IT type guys that never had the need to leave their poor country(unlike me I am only a high school grad.. )

Round objects.

Should I laugh or cry?

Most call centre cannon fodder comes from liberal arts (the maximum), commerce, science backgrounds. Why would an IT trained engineer go into call centres when there is a separate IT industry plotting 24 * 7 on how to grab him or her? Consider that I have had the doubtful privilege of interviewing civil engineers who had dropped their line of work, done a bucket-shop programme in IT and were sitting in front of me, looking hopeful that they would get a fresher's position in the industry.

There are so many graduates that there hasn't yet been the need to tap the much larger numbers of high_school_graduates_only; call centres can afford to use graduates, sometimes even post-graduates. Legal support centres actually contain law graduates; medical transcription centres of the better kind contain a thin layer of medically-knowledgeable graduates (typically pharmacists, or burned-out medical students).

And so on and so forth.

so most of you guys learned english in college or schools so your english is not that familiar to our customers,

even if you have those expencive natvie english teachers , nothing teaches you english better than lots of American girlfriends...

Of course. Of course. You are so right. As usual.

You thundering idiot.

Costs in India are such that call centre operators can employ full-time employees with localisation skills. That is, they can train the person concerned to speak with a local accent for any part of the English-speaking world. Consider (the thought makes me faint and nauseous) the possibility of supporting a respondent with a well-coached Yorkshire accent. Yes, I know, a sickening prospect; but I've heard of worse.

Pay:

Nicaragua: we get paid peanuts(500$ monthly)...

India: I bet you guys get paid a whole lot more ..

Try again, young FSLN. You've gone into dangerous territory; I don't even want to go there. You don't have a clue, do you? $500 a MONTH? You spoilt brat. Imagine getting paid that much!

OK, I'm joking - a little bit. Starters get $300 or its equivalent, and don't know what to do with that wealth; they generally go berserk, till their new credit cards max out the first time. They do get to fancy-schmancy figures like $500 a month, but I have more Elm Street horrors waiting for you.

Call centres are not a career. Kids do it for money, for independence, and often spend the money getting educated for completely different careers, joining those others in 5 to 7 years' time.

and thats how tiny Nicaragua beats India....

...and one more Indian (industry) bites the dust.

:rofl:

This is the first time I have used one of these ridiculous smileys, which should show you how, um, entertained I am.

Warm regards, and congratulations,

Last edited:
^
Sir, I've never seen you get so worked up. You practically fried the poor guy :frown:

Just kidding. He was obviously having fun, so was I.

You want to see frying, I'll give you some names. When they turn up on the menu, come along. Carry your own clothes-pegs for your noses.

Back to planes.

Dear Sir,
Your light-hearted post was fun to read
that was the Big idea

I am sure, for most people. It repeats some platitudes about out-sourcing, which got me thinking. The result was to put me into a bad temper, thinking about the peculiar and hugely mistaken impressions that many around the world, including you, hold in their minds.
sir I am a simple minded kind of guy, I dont hold much in my mind..

I have written certain comments below after calming myself down, repeating certain soothing formulae to myself, and taking my hyper-tension medication. If some edge of bilious bad temper is still apparent, please consider this an explanation.
no hard feelings...

Nicaragua, a friendly country whose Ambassadors have always been hugely impressive people of culture and distinction, is about 5.9 million people;
there is about 2 million nicaraguans living on the states right now, many many like me, illegal aliens scaping from our 1970-90s wars..

Only China, once its massive drive to learn English starts yielding results (in another two to three years), will have anywhere near the same potential..
another Quality vs Quantity :azn: (english fluency only, not technical merits as our english is at native level but most of my teammates and I are high school brats) but thats only because our only market at this moment its the U.S.A

You sound pretty Americanised.
I must remaind you that I grew up in the states(13 year old boy) up until recently and I have most of my family back in the states.. and thats a big plus also since I have to convice the customers I am on San Antonio, Texas...:lol:

Do you watch horror movies?..
I do

Most call centre cannon fodder comes from liberal arts.
sorry buddy I was wrong...

There are so many graduates that there hasn't yet been the need to tap the much larger numbers of high_school_graduates_only; call centres can afford to use graduates, sometimes even post-graduates. Legal support centres actually contain law graduates; medical transcription centres of the better kind contain a thin layer of medically-knowledgeable graduates (typically pharmacists, or burned-out medical students)..
guess I am a lucky summbitch :woot: cause here in Nicaragua as long as you speak english you are good to go...:whistle:

You thundering idiot.
...I'll get you for that.

the possibility of supporting a respondent with a well-coached Yorkshire accent. Yes, I know, a sickening prospect; but I've heard of worse..
How about a Cowboy or Hillbilly accents? or how about the Mexican accent I have to use everyday?..:blink:

Try again, young FSLN. You've gone into dangerous territory; I don't even want to go there. You don't have a clue, do you? $500 a MONTH? You spoilt brat. Imagine getting paid that much!.
I must admit that $500 is alot for a young single guy like me, but hey thats just for starters after 1 year they raise that up to 585

Call centres are not a career. Kids do it for money, for independence, and often spend the money getting educated for completely different careers, joining those others in 5 to 7 years' time..
yup.. I am saving up so I can start my own bisiness..

and one more Indian (industry) bites the dust.
not only you guys, Manila call centers also,

sorry buddy its nothing personal but this tiny tiny Victory goes to Nicaragua....:sniper:

but..you guys got Super Fighter Planes for Pete's sake... :yahoo:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom