What's new

IAF to increase level of its force in Andaman and Nicobar

Car Nico is strategic point of defence, putting some MKIs make sense as the whole area comes under future battleground.. Hats off to IAF that they rebuilt the IAF base that witnessed the worst disaster "Tsunami". P8Is and subs should also follow the IAF.. It should become a mjor Naval Base..

It's an important step to achieve more security not for these islands, but in the whole Bay of Bengal area, because with some capable fighter squads there not only air superiority can be achived, but also sea control and a credible strike option. Everything that an aircraft carrier would offer us to, the only difference is, that the location is fixed and the numbers of aircrafts could be way higher.
Personally I still say, we should divert the fighters to IN airwings and not to IAF, because maritime attack is a prime role of the navy pilots and it would be easier for them to have common training and tactics for all carrier and shore based fighters. It also would make the coordination easier, if IN vessels would need air support for example, same reason why IA now gets their own attack helicopters.

The Plan is to Build
* A nuclear submarine base in south Andaman
* A permanent Sukhoi-30 base at Car Nicobar
* A permanent tactical aerial recon base at Campbell Bay
* A permanent aircraft carrier base
* Expansion of INS Kardip advance naval base in Nicobar (To Be A full- fledged Naval Base)

Also,A dedicated 250MW nuclear power station on the islands is also proposed to come up on the islands. The facility will feed the enormous power requirements that the ambitious island militarisation programme will ultimately demand :yahoo:

can India face Chinese Aggression wat u think?

I would like u to clear a doubt of mine before i proceed, u are talking of a hypothetical situation right as, of now we have no problems with them.

Can India face it in current position is the right question and the answer is no. We aren't well equipped to do so. It will take time, once the modernisation of the forces as planned completes then i think may be we can hold on. Its a number game and we are on the lower side.

IN should also base a carrier battle ground and SSNs in the Andaman Nicobar islands after the upgradation of INS Kardip advance base is completed.
REGARDS....

The Plan is to Build
* A nuclear submarine base in south Andaman
* A permanent Sukhoi-30 base at Car Nicobar
* A permanent tactical aerial recon base at Campbell Bay
* A permanent aircraft carrier base
* Expansion of INS Kardip advance naval base in Nicobar (To Be A full- fledged Naval Base)

Also,A dedicated 250MW nuclear power station on the islands is also proposed to come up on the islands. The facility will feed the enormous power requirements that the ambitious island militarisation programme will ultimately demand :yahoo:

I was there after sunami, except nuclear power station I am ok with other things.

I was there after sunami, except nuclear power station I am ok with other things.

I have visited Andaman islands(not at the time of tsunami).Man I have never seen such a beautiful place till now,may be due to my love for ocean.I too think a nucler power station is not safe in Andaman islands especially after the japan incident.
REGARDS....

Car Nico is strategic point of defence, putting some MKIs make sense as the whole area comes under future battleground.. Hats off to IAF that they rebuilt the IAF base that witnessed the worst disaster "Tsunami". P8Is and subs should also follow the IAF.. It should become a mjor Naval Base..

bhai, please give some credit to the Military Engineering Services(M.E.S), they too worked in rebuilding the IAF base :)

I have visited Andaman islands(not at the time of tsunami).Man I have never seen such a beautiful place till now,may be due to my love for ocean.I too think a nucler power station is not safe in Andaman islands especially after the japan incident.
REGARDS....

Yeah agree about the beauty of the place, but It was nightmare that time. We were there for 6 months for rehabilitation and after remembering tilt and shift in some islands, Nuclear reactor will be a ticking disaster.

Su30mki + Mig 29's.. don't you think its too much?? :cheesy: And i agree with Sancho ... it should be under control of IN.. ..they better know how to deal over waters.
By the way thanks Sancho for PM. Cant reply there .. >700 right now...:S

Having same type of thinking, we could have been in parallel to US. We are improving in future strategies though

Yeah we are improving which is always good sign. We have to just change a little and constantly observe the changing development regarding tactics and weapons. It helps us, for example using heli's with our ground troops to attack has been used for decades but we only decided to even implement this into training this year! In fact, the concept of helo was for troop movement and as an offensive weapon. Most folks think I want the worst, but I want to India to become strong in every way not just one angle.

Andamans for me makes the most sense, because it is far from the prying eyes of the public. Now you cannot be lax with security as such a location will warrant spies but its a great natural naval, airforce, even special ops base. We should explore the feasibility of tunneling deep into the ground. A nuke plant while dangerous could serve as a back up to any threatening situation. Maybe explore green tech, and keep the nuke option as a back up meaning we should buld it but don;t let it go online if that is possible. We need to have a vision....Post 18 by nirvana sounds great, maybe even think of hiding a sub base or balistic missile base, etc.

What is the point of beefing up one area that won't be attacked and that already has heavy fortification from Navy? IAF should be more concerned about getting massive airbases in the northeastern states. We have a genuine threat there and IAF is thinking about defending a group of island provinces that already has heavy Navy protection and which would take PLAN at least 3 weeks to reach in case of an all out war. Compare this to the roads across the LAC that just drop the PLA and PLAAF directly into Arunachal and Sikkim.

Wonder what Anthony has in mind with this decision.

What is the point of beefing up one area that won't be attacked and that already has heavy fortification from Navy? IAF should be more concerned about getting massive airbases in the northeastern states. We have a genuine threat there and IAF is thinking about defending a group of island provinces that already has heavy Navy protection and which would take PLAN at least 3 weeks to reach in case of an all out war. Compare this to the roads across the LAC that just drop the PLA and PLAAF directly into Arunachal and Sikkim.

Wonder what Anthony has in mind with this decision.

You said quite clearly....its harder to attack without being seen (to some degree unless ballistic missile). The problem with massive airforce bases in the Northeast, is that they become a prime target and will be taken out in any premediated attack.

Remember the military may have 3 wings but they operate efficiently and effectively by complementing each other. Navy without AF is not very strong but together its ideal. Same thing applies to Af and Army.

You said quite clearly....its harder to attack without being seen (to some degree unless ballistic missile). The problem with massive airforce bases in the Northeast, is that they become a prime target and will be taken out in any premediated attack.

Remember the military may have 3 wings but they operate efficiently and effectively by complementing each other. Navy without AF is not very strong but together its ideal. Same thing applies to Af and Army.

well said bro.if we just concentrate our force at one place it will be easy to destroy it but if we scatter them we will have force to counter attack

well said bro.if we just concentrate our force at one place it will be easy to destroy it but if we scatter them we will have force to counter attack

We shoud definitely explore Iranian tunneling techniques.... which are said to be pretty good. Now take that expertise and tunnel even further. Sancho's reference to the NAvy having control would be a great choice. For me, navy has never been my favorite military wing in the general field of warfare. However, IN's focus and stature with regard to development and foresight in India is top notch. The IN is the best in all the armed forces with regard to cooperation and research in advanced projects. This momentum should be kept, by allowing the IN is invest its resources and knowledge in the Andamans. I think they would be able to exploit geographical weaknesses and strengths. Also, we should develop an underground sub and mini base. Even the poosibility of a mined net, so in times of war we can cut of the Bay of Bengal from intruders. Im not sure how effective it would be but it would be one step in a series of defensive maneuvers. next we should develop sensors on buoys that would alert us to various information. Just babbling a list of stuff.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom