What's new

IAF to give its Tejas jets the Meteor missile edge

Meteor is so expensive that India would procure them in limited quantity only. It would be hard to equip Rafales properly with sufficient quantity of Meteors. The less said about equipping Tejas with Meteors the better.

I am not gonna get into who said what as no one wins.
Agreed.
If only all of us could just discuss using hard facts rather than with opinions and cussing.

324.....nice....double it and add another 324 and we in Pakistan will be very pleased
Instead of judging our performance it would do you good if you lot could concentrate on inducting even a single wholly pakistan designed, developed and manufactured subsystem in JF-17.

the meteor is superior to the aim-120d in (terms of range) were working with the Japanese on integrating an aesa seeker on it too. the yanks are working on a missile similar to the meteor to replace the aim-120 family.
Range is not everything, the Meteor has a cruise mode, and has plenty of fuel left when it enters the terminal phase, which makes it hard to avoid.
Previous missiles have pretty lousy hit probability at the end of their range.

Agreed.
If only all of us could just discuss using hard facts rather than with opinions and cussing.

Instead of judging our performance it would do you good if you lot could concentrate on inducting even a single wholly pakistan designed, developed and manufactured subsystem in JF-17.
Shoe me one place where paksitanis have claimed that.

You are two years too late to start this all over again.

Don't just blatantly deny something without doing an ounce of homework; do seach for the threads related to BIAS 2016, it is very much true, infact the first news of BIAS-2016 was from pakistani sources saying that JF-17 would perform.
Pakistani members were all excited at the prospect of a JF-17 vs Tejas showdown until PAF withdrew at the very last second without any explanation while Tejas went ahead.

From the BIAS-2016 website before PAF quit.
View attachment 474284

Orders?
Tejas is not even cleared for exports, why would anyone order it, make some sense will you.

Says who, you? Being hyperbolic is fine and all but don't confuse hope with reality.

We all know it's pakistani fanbois' dire hope to see Tejas' progress be laggard but it simply isn't the case.
Just like more sensible pakistani pdfians who only a few years back used to say Tejas won't achieve IOC and it did, and then Tejas won't ever be inducted and then it did again, this time too you lot will be disappointed.

The indigenous content was barely 20% not even a decade ago and now its upto 60%, you lot might be in for a rude awakening if you think it's going to take 30 years.

Nothing to prove.jpg

For Jf17 it has nothing to prove against tejas by showing up in BIAS (picture says it all).... and by the way i saw tejas live in BIAS and seriously it was shit (it took of and took for ever to go vertical) ................. I remember saying to an indian colleage going gaga over tejas like omg made in india etc. etc. i told him, " hey mate u r making more sound then ur bloody jet....... the US guys next to started laughing"

View attachment 474550
For Jf17 it has nothing to prove against tejas by showing up in BIAS (picture says it all).... and by the way i saw tejas live in BIAS and seriously it was shit (it took of and took for ever to go vertical) ................. I remember saying to an indian colleage going gaga over tejas like omg made in india etc. etc. i told him, " hey mate u r making more sound then ur bloody jet....... the US guys next to started laughing"

Yawn, opinions aren't facts.

"It was shit" because some random poster on a forum opines so?
After all we should unequivocally believe an anecdote that may very well be false instead of real hard verifiable facts i.e. PAF backing out shortly after IAF at the eleventh hour said Tejas was to perform.
Why even participate in air shows if you have nothing to prove?

Last edited:
Yawn, opinions aren't facts.

"It was shit" because some random poster on a forum opines so?
After all we should unequivocally believe an anecdote that may very well be false instead of real hard verifiable facts i.e. PAF backing out shortly after IAF at the eleventh hour said Tejas was to perform.
Why even participate in air shows if you have nothing to prove?
LOL!!!!
An indian whose source is only indian media says that jf17 didnt show up...........
well i am not the only one who says tejas is shit... its your chief who also said in sugar coated words that it does not meet the standards and the shortfalls like range, weapons load etc (in between the lines) ,,, he also says its shit

As you said about random poster
A random indian cyclops says and quotes indian media on jf17 .... stating his opinion as PAF didnt show up (as jf was afraid of LCA)..... i dont think your opinion matter here!!!!!

cheers mate!!! no fart somewhere else

LOL!!!!
An indian whose source is only indian media says that jf17 didnt show up...........
well i am not the only one who says tejas is shit... its your chief who also said in sugar coated words that it does not meet the standards and the shortfalls like range, weapons load etc (in between the lines) ,,, he also says its shit

And?
Must make you feel good quoting old irrelevant news, after all the newer ones just doesn't seem to go down your gullet. Our air chief in the recent years has seen the Tejas evolve and the IAF has committed to 324 of them.

And since you clearly think our ACM's views were legitimate then when he criticised Tejas you must think they are legit now when he is praising it, right?
https://quwa.org/2018/03/20/indian-air-force-commits-to-procure-a-total-of-324-hal-tejas-fighters/

As for the performance, for a fighter of its class it has more than sufficient MTOW and range, I don't know what you are talking about.

Excluding the cussing, yes you are right, Tejas Mk1 does not match the ASRs only Mk2 will, a fighter that will be far superior to the current Tejas and JF-17s.
For the IAF, Tejas Mk1 isn't good enough, again, before you nut, FOR-THE-IAF.
For comparison with JF-17 however the current Tejas is more than enough and then some; you lot seem to be under the impression that since IAF wants a better Tejas and had criticized its capabilities in the past means that a certain very "special" fighter suddenly is better than Tejas, that thought however is delusional.

As you said about random poster
A random indian cyclops says and quotes indian media on jf17 .... stating his opinion as PAF didnt show up (as jf was afraid of LCA)..... i dont think your opinion matter here!!!!!

cheers mate!!! no fart somewhere else

It is a well established fact that JF-17 was to perform in BIAS-2016, and it is a well established fact that Tejas was a late entrant, and it is a well established fact that PAF quit at the very last second without an ounce of a reason why, these are not opinions but facts.
Every other pakistani poster here that was witnessing the event knew that JF-17 was to perform in BIAS-2016.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/bahrain-airshow-what-to-expect-tejas-vs-jf-17.414420/
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/teja...-at-the-bahrain-international-airshow.414199/

upload_2015-12-20_13-43-14.png
IMG_20180109_025809.png

Like I told the other guy, you are two years too late.

And?
Must make you feel good quoting old irrelevant news, after all the newer ones just doesn't seem to go down your gullet. Our air chief in the recent years has seen the Tejas evolve and the IAF has committed to 324 of them.

And since you clearly think our ACM's views were legitimate then when he criticised Tejas you must think they are legit now when he is praising it, right?
https://quwa.org/2018/03/20/indian-air-force-commits-to-procure-a-total-of-324-hal-tejas-fighters/

As for the performance, for a fighter of its class it has more than sufficient MTOW and range, I don't know what you are talking about.

Excluding the cussing, yes you are right, Tejas Mk1 does not match the ASRs only Mk2 will, a fighter that will be far superior to the current Tejas and JF-17s.
For the IAF, Tejas Mk1 isn't good enough, again, before you nut, FOR-THE-IAF.
For comparison with JF-17 however the current Tejas is more than enough and then some; you lot seem to be under the impression that since IAF wants a better Tejas and had criticized its capabilities in the past means that a certain very "special" fighter suddenly is better than Tejas, that thought however is delusional.

It is a well established fact that JF-17 was to perform in BIAS-2016, and it is a well established fact that Tejas was a late entrant, and it is a well established fact that PAF quit at the very last second without an ounce of a reason why, these are not opinions but facts.
Every other pakistani poster here that was witnessing the event knew that JF-17 was to perform in BIAS-2016.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/bahrain-airshow-what-to-expect-tejas-vs-jf-17.414420/
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/teja...-at-the-bahrain-international-airshow.414199/

View attachment 474582 View attachment 474583
Like I told the other guy, you are two years too late.
BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA!!! BLA BLA BLA BLA

Yes your air chief is asking for 324 coz its being shoved down his throat...... they are not getting what they want so hence they have to accept the tejas .....
If only a few months ago ACM says the aircraft is not worthy with the flaws how does it become worthy within months.... i will tell u why coz u screwed up in MMRCA.... u screwed in SEF now u r going from MMRCA 2.0.... hence he has to take it.................
As you said PAF didnt participate in BIAS without any reason..... so u imply your own reason that PAF was afraid........ and call it a fact????
ok tell me what was PAF afraid of in your "opinion like fact"!!!
tell me as your mighty tejas came to BIAS on the last moment..... why didnt even it try to participate in farnborough or dubai airshow on last minute..... IAF would have brought the same half cooked tejas anyway ... like the one you brought in Bahrain............ (should i imply Tejas team was afraid)

I will accept your farce of Tejas being better only when u induct the same number 324 in AF..... right now it is only 9-12 LSP against more than 100 JF in active role plus export..........

and by the way on topic how they hell will you incorporate meteor when u will not have RBE 2 radar ???????

Don't just blatantly deny something without doing an ounce of homework; do seach for the threads related to BIAS 2016, it is very much true, infact the first news of BIAS-2016 was from pakistani sources saying that JF-17 would perform.
Pakistani members were all excited at the prospect of a JF-17 vs Tejas showdown until PAF withdrew at the very last second without any explanation while Tejas went ahead.

View attachment 474284

Orders?
Tejas is not even cleared for exports, why would anyone order it, make some sense will you.

BS : no source provided so... so indian BS as usual...

Tejas export not cleared?.. you mean no body want to buy so you make a great excuse..lol

View attachment 474284

Orders?

Says who, you? Being hyperbolic is fine and all but don't confuse hope with reality.

We all know it's pakistani fanbois' dire hope to see Tejas' progress be laggard but it simply isn't the case.
Just like more sensible pakistani pdfians who only a few years back used to say Tejas won't achieve IOC and it did, and then Tejas won't ever be inducted and then it did again, this time too you lot will be disappointed.

The indigenous content was barely 20% not even a decade ago and now its upto 60%, you lot might be in for a rude awakening if you think it's going to take 30 years.
Has tejas been cleared to fly in Indian airspace?

What part of LCA is Indian again? Someone fill me out please.

Paint Job!!!

Yes your air chief is asking for 324 coz its being shoved down his throat...... they are not getting what they want so hence they have to accept the tejas .....
If only a few months ago ACM says the aircraft is not worthy with the flaws how does it become worthy within months.... i will tell u why coz u screwed up in MMRCA.... u screwed in SEF now u r going from MMRCA 2.0.... hence he has to take it.................
As you said PAF didnt participate in BIAS without any reason..... so u imply your own reason that PAF was afraid........ and call it a fact????
tell me as your mighty tejas came to BIAS on the last moment..... why didnt even it try to participate in farnborough or dubai airshow on last minute..... IAF would have brought the same half cooked tejas anyway ... like the one you brought in Bahrain............ (should i imply Tejas team was afraid)

I will accept your farce of Tejas being better only when u induct the same number 324 in AF..... right now it is only 9-12 LSP against more than 100 JF in active role plus export..........

and by the way on topic how they hell will you incorporate meteor when u will not have RBE 2 radar ???????

Actually tejas has become a national ego now. IAF wants bigger,agile and aggressive planes and tejas doesnt fit IAF needs be it mk1 or mka1 or mk2. Neither is Indian Navy interested in it. Its better if they work on AMCA now.

The only reason tejas is being inducted is to fly on parades and satisfy "make in india" campaign so modi can win elections.

Otherwise IAF is not interested in tejas. Indian requirements are different than Pakistans. What will tejas do against Pakistan or China? Nothing

Last edited:

You say that but all I am hearing is, "I will believe Indian pov only when they say something bad about India but if the very same source claims the opposite I will make up stuff to confirm my deep seated bias".

Again, opinions aren't facts.

If only a few months ago ACM says the aircraft is not worthy with the flaws how does it become worthy within months....
What rubbish.
When in the last few months did ACM Dhanoa say that?
Prove it.

i will tell u why coz u screwed up in MMRCA.... u screwed in SEF now u r going from MMRCA 2.0.... hence he has to take it.................

Wow, you are really scraping the bottom of the barrel.
Pray tell, how did we screw up MMRCA?
Coz IAF had agreed to induct Tejas long before Rafale was even selected.

As you said PAF didnt participate in BIAS without any reason..... so u imply your own reason that PAF was afraid........ and call it a fact???

I said, PAF after quitting didn't give a reason as to why they quit after already having commited to perform in BIAS -2016.

Why don't you tell me the reason why PAF reneged?
If I remember correctly PAF was fishing for JF-17 orders around that time and being in an airshow would have only further advertised JFT, so why would PAF not exploit the advantage in the presence of military delegates from several countries who come to these airshows to scout for military products?
Has PAF ever quit at the last second in any other airshow?
Why did it quit in the only airshow where Tejas was also to perform?
What does that say about PAF when India has the confidence to field an unready Tejas knowing full well it will be compared with the "fully ready" and already inducted JF-17?

Also, when did I state it as a fact that PAF was scared? At best I implied.
You lot are the ones who specifically used the word "scared".
Freudian slip I guess.

tell me as your mighty tejas came to BIAS on the last moment..... why didnt even it try to participate in farnborough or dubai airshow on last minute..........

That's easy, Tejas doesn't have the numbers yet which is why it can't spare it's test aircrafts to participate in every single air show. Maybe after a squadron or 2 are operational you'll see regular participation, until then there'll only be sporadic instances of airshow participation.

IAF would have brought the same half cooked tejas anyway ... like the one you brought in Bahrain............ (should i imply Tejas team was afraid).....

Unfortunately for you that's a strawman argument.
Because Tejas would have had to quit an air show after it had already committed like PAF did for you to say that the Tejas team were scared.
If the F-22 didn't participate when JF-17 was in the Paris air show, by your logic would the Americans be afraid to fly the F-22 alongside JF-17?

I will accept your farce of Tejas being better only when u induct the same number 324 in AF..... right now it is only 9-12 LSP against more than 100 JF in active role plus export.....

Accept?
And the approval of some random person on the internet matters why?

So what if 100 JF-17s are inducted? How does that prove that JF-17 is better than the Tejas?

I would wait for official confirmation before absolutely believing this morsel of news, especially when the name of the sources aren't revealed.

As for Meteor without RBE2, IAF's Jaguar which uses MBDA missiles has recently been getting Israeli AESA radars the same ones that will go in the Tejas Mk1A.
So pairing Israeli radars with French missiles seems not to be an issue for us.

Also, a parallel program by DRDO for a ramjet BVRAAM called SFDR is underway. The missile will be exactl like the Meteor.

Has tejas been cleared to fly in Indian airspace?

Since some pdf pakistanis are so in denial about Tejas' capabilities I can't tell if you seriously don't know or if you are showing condescension to avoid sticking to the topic.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom