What's new

IAF to Buy 83 more Tejas fighters from HAL instead of foreign jets, CDS Rawat says

So they are going to scrap the remaining Rafales? Or will the 36 still come?

I have not heard any news of cancelling the deal for the 36 Rafales. In fact IAF and GoI are very keep to get them inducted at the earliest. But France was expecting MMRCA 2.0 deal or at least another order of 36 immediately. This is where France is dragging its feet on the delivery and fortunately for them COVID-19 has come as a blessing in disguise. All indications are that Rafale induction may go past 2025.

I guess the tea was so fantastic that they want to try it again [emoji16][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Pakistani tea is expensive.
Cost of 1 Pakistani cup of tea = 1 mig-21

Generally speaking the plan is for Block IV to make JF-17 as good or better than F-16. I think production of Block II started in late 2013 early 2014.

96611341_2506263779623056_8761089395227885568_o-jpg.631141
THEIR WILL BE NO BLOCK-IV AND BLOCK-III IS ALREADY BETTER THEN F-16 BLK-52 ( AVIONICS WISE)

They can more than afford to do this, and their spending power is also successfully used to block our entry to those markets. There was a time where we has our minds set on French avionics for JF-17, Indians blocked it, they've upgraded their M2Ks and are now purchasing Rafale. So it worked out for them nonetheless.

If I still had the liberty to delete a few posts, I would have it. :)
Actually their ability to block us in international markets is a blessing.
Look at the huge tender for 114 aircraft and now they have selected tejas. The world will be sick of indian bs and is realising their word doesnt mean much

Look at the huge tender for 114 aircraft and now they have selected tejas. The world will be sick of indian bs and is realising their word doesnt mean much
last time 3 companies openly criticize india for making this drama . i remember the news they said we paid millions of dollars for this show and its really bad .

last time 3 companies openly criticize india for making this drama . i remember the news they said we paid millions of dollars for this show and its really bad .
Well it will be interesting to see what the americans French the swedes and the russians have to say. I cant see anyone happy can you?

Well it will be interesting to see what the americans French the swedes and the russians have to say. I cant see anyone happy can you?
they were very serious last time sir on first 126 +80 drama since it was drained they stopped real efforts as they know its just political stunt . now they just talk did not spend dollars on indians like last time . so less anger now

Not go
Good news for PAF.
Not good in my opinion. Now they will have more money to acquire more unit. More time and money to iron out flaws in TJ and make it a potent fighter.

Only plus side for Pakistan is that, the foreign sellers will take Indian tenders less serious and extra love for The international cash cow will not remain the same.

I think it was better for PAF to have IAF hooked in a cycle of maintaining and replacing foreign expensive toys. This will reduce their numerical advantage plus will push PAF to keeping inducting modern Technology.

Pakistan military in general is a reactive force. Instead of modernizing on their own the react to Indian modernization.

Not go

Not good in my opinion. Now they will have more money to acquire more unit. More time and money to iron out flaws in TJ and make it a potent fighter.

Only plus side for Pakistan is that, the foreign sellers will take Indian tenders less serious and extra love for The international cash cow will not remain the same.

I think it was better for PAF to have IAF hooked in a cycle of maintaining and replacing foreign expensive toys. This will reduce their numerical advantage plus will push PAF to keeping inducting modern Technology.

Pakistan military in general is a reactive force. Instead of modernizing on their own the react to Indian modernization.

Disagree completely.

Even if now India has more money to improve Tejas, HAL will never be as good as US/Euro jets. So now India will spend the same budget from MMRCA program on Tejas which is inferior to anything from MMRCA. This is a clear win for Pakistan whichever way you look at it. Not only does Pakistan now save money by not having to counter MMRCA, but now India is competing directly in Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) arena where Tejas is just starting while JF17 is already in Block III and battle tested.

So now Pakistan effectively gets rid of MMRCA threat, IAF replaced US/Euro Jet with an inferior Tejas, and Pakistan saves money by not getting into a new arms race. Killed 3 birds with 1 stone.

Maybe India would've been out of cash if they spent all their money buying foreign toys, but MMRCA was going to be a major issue for Pakistan, looks we dodged that bullet now.

Pakistan got 5 major victories from this announcement:

1. Western trust in Indian defense procurements is reduced
2. MMRCA threat is replaced with manageable Tejas
3. Tejas is unfinished direct competitor to JF17 while JF17 is already on Block III
4. Pakistan will have more JF17's than India will have Tejas since Pak had head start
5. Now Pakistan can focus on just JF17 and doesn't have urgent need to splurge on a new jet to counter MMRCA. If PAF does buy a new jet, it will give edge to PAF over IAF since MMRCA is now dead.

Nice to see West got burned by India. They won't fall for it next time. Pakistan should take full advantage of their misfortune by seizing the moment and making those defense companies an offer they can't refuse.

I can't believe Modi appointed someone as stupid as Rawat to CDS. Having somebody as incompetent as Rawat in charge as Indian defense chief is a blessing for Pakistan. We should not interrupt this huge mistake of India, I am looking forward to seeing Rawat's next big blunder, we should see more bad decisions like this from India MoD in the future as long as Rawat is there.

Last edited:
Lockheed Martin, Boeing, and Dassault will be pissed that MMRCA was all show for nothing.

This whole fiasco reminds me of when Jeff Bezos made that competition for second Amazon HQ. Amazon spent a year hyping it up and made a bunch of US cities compete with each other to see who would give them them the most incentives to come to that city. Some cities promised billions of dollars to Amazon if they chose their city for new HQ. Everyone though a medium sized city was going to get it where it would add news jobs like Atlanta, Austin, Denver, etc. Amazon ended up selecting New York and DC which pissed everyone off since everyone realized Amazon already knew from the beginning what they wanted and just set up the competition as a fake show to see what cities were the most desperate to get Amazon by giving them free money. New York was pissed too and ended up kicking Amazon out.

Western defense companies will be angry that they spent long time competing for India which turned out to be fuss for nothing. This is the perfect time for Pakistan to make an offer to those companies and steal India's bid at a fire sale price.

Wings were designed in pakistan ..
Now give me proof that it wasnt lol

You probably need to go to school and leaen meaning of joint venture ..

Manufacturering sir, not designed..

India was planning to get
  • 40 Tejas Mk1
  • 83 Tejas Mk1A
  • 110 MMRCA 2.0
  • 36 Rafale
Now they are replacing that with
  • 40 Tejas Mk1
  • 83 Tejas Mk1A
  • 36 Rafale
I can see several explanations for this.
  1. The journalist got it wrong
  2. The Chief of Defense got it wrong
  3. The Chief of Defense lied to score a point
Indias need for fighters has not suddenly disappeared.
It may be that the Indian Government has come to the conclusion that they cannot afford MMRCA 2.0 but that would be too embarrassing to admit so they say that they replace foreign fighters by buying (83 Tejas Mk1A) instead of (83 Tejas Mk1A and 110 MMRCA 2.0).

NUMBERS DON’T ADD UP.

HAL Tejas mk2 is on plate and so now, MMRCA 2 is almost dead..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom