What's new

IAF set to get two more warning systems, awaits nod from Cabinet Committee on Security

Lets be honest it was 50.50 game which indians as a whole was thinking ita 1 vs 99 game in indian favor .
Actually, numeric superiority and stand off weapons delivery capability is all IAF seems to have going for it right now. In BVR engagement, odds are clearly in favour of PAF unless IAF is operating under SAM cover.

This is the lack of capacity for proper planning and tactical vision, which I have been trying to highlight in other posts on other threads, that the IAF top brass lacks.

With potentially a several times the purchasing power for defense equipment, compared to Pakistan, why didn't they envisage this shortcoming about their situational awareness apparatus? They are now rectifying these gaps after the fact.

Which doesn't bode well for them, because they have proven themselves to be logically susceptible to come out (quite likely) short in some other vital aspect of military tactics and contingencies. Their problem is quality and the caliber of the personnel at the top. Just addition of newer assets will not solve their shortcomings because the problem lies in the vision in what assets to get and employ them when and how.

It is my humble opinion, that they may mitigate some of their issues but they will be behind the curve of their adversary's tactical prowess and glossing it over with newer acquisitions is not going to alleviate their problems. They need better people at the top. Difficult, because it seems that a$$ lickers and yes men are getting promoted along the ranks in the Indian armed forces. This is evident from how their top military personnel have been chiming out in the media ... shamelessly promoting the Modi narrative. Seems like professional dignity and integrity is a thing of past in the Indian military.

I hate the fact that I have to agree with most if not all of this. Especially the part at end where military service chiefs talking big in the media. Utterly embarrassing to the civilized among us :hitwall:

This is madness. They have 2 Netra Awacs, 3 Phalcon Awacs and now getting 2 A330 AWACS????? Only 7 planes but 3 different types!? 3 types of training, radars, electronics and engines for 7 planes?

With just two of a certain type you cannot even have 24 hour coverage (requires minimum of 3 planes). How much will it cost them to induct 2 of another type of aircraft the IAF do not have?

PAF with 7 Erieye and 4 ZDK-03 can keep 3 in the air at anyone time. IAF barely 1.
They are insecure!

Hope PAF will maintain its EW edge over Indians in future.
two possible platforms are available to maintain its dominance over indians which are
1st Turkish HAVA SOJ system
2nd Chinese Y-9G High New 11
both chinese & turks are using S400 air defence system, so we can learnt drawbacks of s400
2nd Rafale threat can be counter by examine the Qatari Rafales.

The more I read of their shortcomings, the more I wish we'd have been ruthless that day.

If we'd had bombed the ammo dump and taken out the fighter jets we had locked; Kashmir would not be facing day 155 of lockdown today.

hard to say... if hit them hard they would have made things worse to cover their initial failure.

At last they will say the whole airforce needs to get changed

only bhagwan RAM can save them from falcons

3rd_Batch_F-16_Block52_03.jpg

I still remember, I first saw this pic in a newspaper back then in my University's library. I had no idea about their significance at that time.

Actually, numeric superiority and stand off weapons delivery capability is all IAF seems to have going for it right now. In BVR engagement, odds are clearly in favour of PAF unless IAF is operating under SAM cover.

I hate the fact that I have to agree with most if not all of this. Especially the part at end where military service chiefs talking big in the media. Utterly embarrassing to the civilized among us :hitwall:
PAF has enough stand off weapons which it used
It has spice equivalent inform of supposedly indigenous built REK(on jf17)
And the indigenous built H1 &H2 (but supposedly copied form of raptor 1 & 2)

H1 is a simple glide bomb like REK but H2 boast boasters giving it a long range, longer than spice or any other glide bombs (simple physics)

When it comes to ultra long range ofcourse there is the raad

India superiority is in its supersonic barhmos but pakistan acquired the 803CK the chinese equivalent of supersonic weapon.

I dont see pakistan worried about india ability to intercept the subsonic cruise missles..
Let see if this changes with s400

Back
Top Bottom