What's new

IAF Rafale Spares, Engine Components, Meteors and Scalp missiles started arriving

Mighty Lion

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
https://www.livefistdefence.com/202...-27-gamechanger-weaponry-to-arrive-ahead.html

Shiv Aroor Jun 29 2020 12:07 pm

When the first Indian Air Force Rafale jets land in Ambala in July, their weaponry will have already been delivered and stored, ready for operations with the inaugural squadron, ‘Golden Arrows’. Livefist can confirm that key weapon stocks, including the SCALP cruise missile and Meteor beyond visual air to air missile, have already begun arriving in consignments, with the first lot to be completed by the first week of July.

At least six Rafales will take off from Istres, France and make a single stopover at the UAE’s Al Dhafra air force base near Abu Dhabi. The jets, to be ferried by Indian pilots, will be accompanied by a French Air Force tanker, possible one of the two new A330 MRTT tankers. While the initial plan was to deliver four Rafales, Livefist can confirm that the IAF and Dassault Aviation are working to ensure at least six airframes arrive in one go, with the possibility of that number increasing by a couple of airframes.

By August, the Indian Rafales will be operationally ready. Apart from the inauguration of the Golden Arrows squadron in August-September, the Rafales will likely make their first public appearance at the October 8 Air Force Day flypast over Delhi. The MBDA Scalp is a 560+ km range air to ground cruise missile, while the Meteor is currently the longest range air to air missile in operations. Both weapons outclass anything the Indian Air Force has in its arsenal currently, and are unanimously seen as a major evolutionary step in combat capability. A naval version of the SCALP is incidentally on offer to the Indian Navy too for its to-be-selected P75I submarines.

IAF pilots in France have had extensive interactions and briefings from the French Navy and Air Force on Rafale combat deployments over Libya and elsewhere. In this 2017 post, Livefist detailed the Rafale experience in combat theatres.

Weaponry arriving ahead of new jets is routine. Weapons storage facilities at Ambala have been ready since late last year, with safety certification complete. The IAF Rafale’s weapons will be combat deployable soon after the jets arrive. Training in France, both with the jets and on simulators, has included combat simulations with both weapon types. That training will continue in Ambala.

sim.jpg

At the heart of the training ecosystem coming with India’s Rafales is a set of room-sized computers built by Sogitec, a fully owned subsidiary of Dassault Aviation. Termed synthetic collective training, two Sogitec training centres are being installed at Ambala and Hasimara (Hasimara will house the second Rafale squadron), each equipped with two Rafale simulators for initial and hands on training, flight and Weapon Delivery and Navigation System (WDNS) procedure learning including repetition of complete missions with complex tactical environments, two Unit Level Instruction System (ULIS) self-service trainers and one Part Task Trainer (PTT) for guided or free-access training on a restricted number of key procedures. The Ambala training centre will additionally have Rafale Maintenance Trainer and Computer-based Trainer rooms.

DDkDKg7V0AAD25S-1.jpg

While the Ambala and Hasimara bases will be the IAF’s principal Rafale centres, the Gwalior Mirage 2000 station will be fully integrated right from the start for operations and cooperative training. The collective training and synthetic learning architecture being installed at Ambala and Hasimara will be linked directly to a similar module in Gwalior, being set up for the IAF’s upgraded Mirage 2000-5 fleet (many have been upgraded so far out of 51). This will allow pilots at the three bases to fly cooperative simulated missions using both aircraft types on a long list of existing and fresh combat scenarios. These will, of course, include area denial combat air patrol operations on the Chinese front and northern sectors, close air support and interdiction missions in Azad Kashmir, precision strike missions along the Line of Control and cooperative reconnaissance missions/anti-surface missions on both of India’s seaboards. The experience of the Gwalior squadrons, coupled with the new tools coming with the Rafale will be a huge mutual boost to both bases, types and fleets. The upgraded Mirage 2000 jets also share key weapons coming with the Rafales — the MICA air to air missile.

https://www.livefistdefence.com/202...-27-gamechanger-weaponry-to-arrive-ahead.html

Last edited:
Main points:

1) Meteor LR-AAM (most advanced air to air missile ever built by mankind) and SCALP long range undetectable stealth cruise missiles have started arriving in India. First batch to complete deliveries in 8-9 days.

2) Rafales will be fully capable of combat deployement as soon as they arrive. Upto 8 arrive next month itself. First 18 in 6 months.

3) Rafale and Mirage 2000-5-Mk2 ops to be integrated at TACDE Gwalior.

@Windjammer @kursed @Tps43 @airomerix @Knuckles @Blacklight
@Tipu7 @Bilal Khan (Quwa)

Main points:

1) Meteor LR-AAM (most advanced air to air missile ever built by mankind) and SCALP long range undetectable stealth cruise missiles have started arriving in India. First batch to complete deliveries in 8-9 days.

2) Rafales will be fully capable of combat deployement as soon as they arrive. Upto 8 arrive next month itself. First 18 in 6 months.

Congrats? Hopefully no further excuses left. =)

All 24 pilots chosen for No 17 sqn Golden Arrows have already completed training along with ground crew.

The one line shows your indian mentality!!!!

Obviously whatever Indians have is just out of this world technology. The best of the best..

Su30mki was also called the raptor of the east but Indians have lost all faith in it and now all their hopes lay with rafales , even their PM was saying "If they had rafales, the outcome would have been different"-- offcourse im talking about 27th Feb 2019 confrontation.

Moral of the Story:-

Never take Indian BS seriously.

All said and done, this jet will be a formidable for PAF in the years to come, and will be well accounted for in any future ops from our end.

The to and fro will continue, but PAF has prepared for the day when IAF starts receiving its new goodies. They'd keep the equation equal.

Obviously whatever Indians have is just out of this world technology. The best of the best..

Su30mki was also called the raptor of the east but Indians have lost all faith in it and now all their hopes lay with rafales , even their PM was saying "If they had rafales, the outcome would have been different"-- offcourse im talking about 27th Feb 2019 confrontation.

Moral of the Story:-

Never take Indian BS seriously.
Most advance ever built by mankind. Undetectable stealth. Enjoy the hyperbole just like mini awac SU30 second only to Raptor stories we enjoyed till last year.

Main points:

Spot the INDIAN.....looool....

Main points:

Thanks for the tag.

Before I continue please understand this, The reason for my condescending tone in this post will be solely due to that one reference of yours, where you are reducing mankind's endeavors and accomplishments to a mere missile that has neither been tested nor tried in combat. You shouldn't have let me see this post. Here's the reason;

This *most advanced mankind missile* will self destruct itself after experiencing forward jamming, due to its inability to loft. The AESA selected for Block 3 is very good at it, I must tell you.

Not long ago I educated a brother of yours. Consider this a tip.

Before you continue to worship Meteor (after abandoning Su-30s/R77s of shame), allow me to disabuse you of the challenges which are coming with Meteor and they will be felt far and wide.

No doubt, Ramjet missiles are throttleable and cruise with optimal fuel efficiency unlike propellents inside solid rocket motors (like AMRAAM) which increase their range. However, Ramjet missiles such as Meteor are air-breathers. They need a thicker atmosphere to breathe and feed their motor with oxygen. Meteor is also heavier and draggier. This is important because the AMRAAM will be let's say, 200lb lighter after 15 seconds of flight while the Meteor will need several minutes to get rid of that kind of weight. Hence the combat effectiveness of Meteor will be far from the likes of AMRAAM.

Your escape zone values are far from real and they dont matter in real combat.

IAF is bad with containing challenges and utilizing the true potential of the technology they employ.

Dont be mistaken, I'm to educate my fellow Pakistani's. Not you. You're just a troll with ndtv.com knowledge.

@Arsalan @araz @Signalian @Blacklight @Irfan Baloch @Jungibaaz @PakSword @HRK

Last edited:
Most advance ever built by mankind. Undetectable stealth. Enjoy the hyperbole just like mini awac SU30 second only to Raptor stories we enjoyed till last year.

Even the French who built these cant compete with Indians.

The stuff they built for India has no match.

Even the Rafales with France airforce cant beat Indian Rafales.

Whatever Indians get becomes God.

Thanks for the tag.

Before I continue please understand this, The reason for my condescending tone in this post will be solely due to that one reference of yours, where you are reducing mankind's endeavors and accomplishments to a mere missile that has neither been tested nor tried in combat. You shouldn't have let me see this post. Here's the reason;

This *most advanced mankind missile* will self destruct itself after experiencing forward jamming, due to its inability to loft. The AESA selected for Block 3 is very good at it, I must tell you.

Not long ago I educated a brother of yours. Consider this a tip.

@Arsalan @araz @Signalian @Blacklight @Irfan Baloch @Jungibaaz @PakSword @HRK
I Already busted this PAC intern/ LSE BBA level logic in March:

Your theory fails completely in front of what tests of Meteor showed.
Meteor had a higher pk than AIM-120C7 at all ranges at every altitude parameter.
MBDA analysis has showed the only area in which AMRAAM is ahead is captive flight hours.
More importantly Meteor has more than twice the t/w of AMRAAM thus making it much more immune to drag .
Even the growlers completely failed to jam Meteors last year during NATO exercises.

Also R-77 is fine for major wars but for small duration but intense LFE confined to one sector some more options are needed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom