What's new

IAF not in favour of acquiring Russian 5th gen jets, keen on DRDO Make in India project instead

The orders may have been placed due to the pressure from the Indian government (as a face saying act). This does not mean that the product is mature or acceptable to the Indian Airforce.

Indian Airforce prefers quality products from the US or EU, not products lacking quality from Russia or underdeveloped products from India.

Incorrect, it was IAF which ordered the Mk1A when offered by HAL (the manufacturer, it is being upgraded by it's manufacturer not developer)

India has never brought a jet fighter from US & never will. And IAF is still interested in PAKFA & Super 30 upgrades.

worlds largest tractor maker is John Deere. have you heard of them?? of corse not.

By volume stupid, it is the largest in number produced.

Mahindra overtakes John Deere, becomes largest tractor manufacturer in the world

i use simple words so all can understand. and yes i am correct. if you ever go to brige construction you will hear simple words too.

Really ? never heard my civil engineer friends use such terms- Maybe substandard Pakistani engineers would.

This is a 'poll'

poll.jpg

This is a 'pole'

Combination_transmission_distribution_power_pole_-_Central_Coast_NSW.JPG

seriously boy hull????? you are teaching me meaning of hull???? :omghaha:

so you know what is hull???? it is main body of ship. not full outer body.

LMAO....'body'

A submarine hull has two major components, the light hull and the pressure hull. The light hull ("casing" in British usage) of a submarine is the outer non-watertight hull which provides a hydrodynamically efficient shape. The pressure hull is the inner hull of a submarine that maintains structural integrity with the difference between outside and inside pressure at depth.

i was trying to tell how similar its entire outer body is to scorpene.

That's because you are stupid !!!

Last edited:
Really ? never heard my civil engineer friends use such terms- Maybe substandard Pakistani engineers would.
your civil engineer friends???????? lol joke of the day.:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

A submarine hull has two major components, the light hull and the pressure hull. The light hull ("casing" in British usage) of a submarine is the outer non-watertight hull which provides a hydrodynamically efficient shape. The pressure hull is the inner hull of a submarine that maintains structural integrity with the difference between outside and inside pressure at depth.
you are telling this to expert of this field. i know more about submarin then you please don't embarass yourself further.

This is a 'poll'

poll.jpg

This is a 'pole'

Combination_transmission_distribution_power_pole_-_Central_Coast_NSW.JPG
so you are picking small spelling mistake. because you have nothing to tell. we both know which poll i was taking.

lol are you teaching me english???? i can use spelling checker too. like i said before i just don't care of forigh language.

Incorrect, it was IAF which ordered the Mk1A when offered by HAL (the manufacturer, it is being upgraded by it's manufacturer not developer)

When MK1A are ready Indian Airforce would plan to place orders for upgraded MK2s just like they placed orders for MK1A when MK1 was ready. It is just a facing act and a ploy to buy more time until they complete procuring F-16s.

India has never brought a jet fighter from US & never will. And IAF is still interested in PAKFA & Super 30 upgrades.

This thread is about Indian Airforce not being interested in the Russian 5th gen fighters. They may upgrade Su-30s as they have already inducted them.

When MK1A are ready Indian Airforce would plan to place orders for upgraded MK2s just like they placed orders for MK1A when MK1 was ready. It is just a facing act and a ploy to buy more time until they complete procuring F-16s.

This thread is about Indian Airforce not being interested in the Russian 5th gen fighters. They may upgrade Su-30s as they have already inducted them.
IAF has already ordered 83 Tejas mk1A. Total order today stands for 123 Tejas aircrafts( 40 mk1+83 mk1A). Ofcourse they'll order mk2 once mk1A is started being delivered ....thats the whole point....keep upgrading!!! I am sure PAF didn't order all JF-17s in just one block.

Last edited:
lol. indian roket man here too.

let me tech you on this too.
Super Mushshak trainer 100% pakistani. :pakistan:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAC_Super_Mushshak

:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

"The PAC Super Mushshak (Urdu: سپر مشاق) ("Proficient") is a primary trainer aircraft, which is a more advanced and upgraded variant of the MFI-17 Mushshak."
The PAC MFI-17 Mushshak (Urdu: مشاق) (English: Proficient) is a license-built fixed-gear basic trainer aircraft, an improved version of the Saab Safari

So it is a Swedish plane with some slab of Pakistani paint and a few extra nuts and bolts...
Oh, it did use a different US made engine.
So much for an indigenous plane.

I suggest You fry the eggs, after removing them from Your face.

Instead of a developing partner and spending billions on it, India should just be a buyer with no ToT or anything.

IAF has already ordered 83 Tejas mk1A. Total order today stands for 123 Tejas aircrafts( 40 mk1+83 mk1A). Ofcourse they'll order mk2 once mk1A is started being delivered ....thats the whole point....keep upgrading!!! I am sure PAF didn't order all JF-17s in just one block.

Well you are actually supporting my point.

Look at what Wiki says

40 MK1 Ordered and only 4 Delivered/Accepted

In the meantime Indian Airforce orders 83 MK1As which don't even have prototype yet.

It is very obvious for anyone looking at this dispassionately to conclude what is happening. It not about building a product in iterations rather it is classic case of too little too late for customer's POV.

By the time 2 squadrons of Tejas are delivered, Indian Airforce would have procured 10 Squadrons of F-16s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HAL_Tejas#Operators

Operators[edit]
23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png
India
  • Indian Air Force – 123 LCA aircraft [40 x Mk 1 + 83 x Mk 1A][165] aircraft planned to be acquired with four planes delivered after long delays.[166] Four squadrons of LCA Mk 2 aircraft planned to be acquired after completing production of LCA Mk 1.[167][168] The IAF was considering at least 14 Tejas squadrons with 294 aircraft in February 2014, with each squadron to have 21 aircraft.[169][170]
  • Indian Navy – Signed an order for six Naval LCAs at an approximate cost of US$31.09 million per aircraft.[172] The Indian Navy has a requirement for 40 Tejas aircraft.[56] In December 2016, the Indian Navy announced that Tejas is overweight for carrier operations and rejected it.[96]

#whathappenedindia
#wishywashyindia
#iaf
#cantdecide
#willbuyevery5Gplaneintheworld
#300millionpaidfor
russianvodka

@proud_indian @fsayed @Alphacharlie
@SorryNotSorry @Star Wars
@#hydra#
@navtrek @doe33

@gslv mk3 @Stephen Cohen
@SOUTHie
@AUSTERLITZ
@Jackdaws @Gurjot.S
@MandarK
@hellfire @nair @Majet Raha
@Chellam
@Navin A @MULUBJA
@AnnoyingOrange @Dem!god
@Rollno21 @wiseone2 @third eye @Guynextdoor2
@Rajaraja Chola @Abingdonboy
@gulli @The_Sidewinder

U guys are getting wives? Why so indecisive. Just pay the money go for arrange marriage

The way things are going, the fastest way for India to get a fifth gen fighter is to wait in line for F-35. If India get in line now, the earliest India can get the plane is 2030-2035. Its such a long wait and India is not likely to get in line. And the chance of India getting it is slim to none.

But it's still India's best chance.

AMCA is already underway.

hwyIJgs.png

ouxpbJ3.jpg

I8cw6hU.jpg
NO sane person would claim than Pakistan can independently built a fifth gen aircraft but no sane person will believe that AMCA will be available for limited production before 2030 and induction before 2035 and that is considering best case scenario, if we get anything from rest of indian projects, form induction of tejas to scorpians it will not happen before 2040

so india either has to get f 35 or FGFA

also india cannot build AMCA without help, you dont believe me than beleive all of your govt setup because they themselves want technology input from single fighter vendor

The way things are going, the fastest way for India to get a fifth gen fighter is to wait in line for F-35. If India get in line now, the earliest India can get the plane is 2030-2035. Its such a long wait and India is not likely to get in line. And the chance of India getting it is slim to none.

But it's still India's best chance.

India already decided against the F-35 early on when the problems are peak.

But F-35 problems almost all are resolved today.

Yeah the amount of F-35 orders are in the thousands and only few hundred made

I am quite sure pakistan will get J31 before India gets F-35

:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom